SPC for Senate: Part X (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:49:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SPC for Senate: Part X (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SPC for Senate: Part X  (Read 21272 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: November 12, 2008, 09:44:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How will that enhance the game, bearing in mind that the regions in general don't do much, by rendering the Senate into a piece of chopped liver?

First, I wouldn't render the Senate a piece of chopped liver. I would leave some issues to the Senate to decide. However, leaving more issues to the regions makes the game more interactive for the overwhelming majority of people who are not in the Senate.

The regions already have wide powers. Have they been able to use them?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 10:18:28 PM »

How will that enhance the game, bearing in mind that the regions in general don't do much, by rendering the Senate into a piece of chopped liver?

First, I wouldn't render the Senate a piece of chopped liver. I would leave some issues to the Senate to decide. However, leaving more issues to the regions makes the game more interactive for the overwhelming majority of people who are not in the Senate.

Regions with greater activity as of late such as the Southeast and the Pacific have used them effectively.

I would dispute your assertation that the Pacific is active, but that is neither here or there.

According to you, the majority of regions are inactive. Do you believe that giving them more powers will make them active?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 10:13:05 AM »

Regions with greater activity as of late such as the Southeast and the Pacific have used them effectively.

I would dispute your assertation that the Pacific is active, but that is neither here or there.

According to you, the majority of regions are inactive. Do you believe that giving them more powers will make them active?

I did not say that. I merely said that the regions I listed were good examples of formerly inactive regions turning into active regions. They became active ithout the help of the federal government.

But others have not, correct?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 08:15:51 PM »

This guy confuses me. Evidently, he wants to go where the power is and has little to no understanding of where that would be.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 08:22:57 PM »

This guy confuses me. Evidently, he wants to go where the power is and has little to no understanding of where that would be.

Are you referring to me or Andy? Either way, I don't understand your comment.

No, I understand you just fine.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:03:58 PM »

The thing about IRV is that there isn't a spoiler effect. Bacon King's supporters overwhelmingly preferred Lief, and so Lief got elected.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 08:24:53 PM »

The thing about IRV is that there isn't a spoiler effect. Bacon King's supporters overwhelmingly preferred Lief, and so Lief got elected.

You have a point, though as I said, IRV overwhelmingly favors centrists if they can survive the first round. BK undeniably has the deepest base of support, & would have won easily if either SPC or Lief didn't run.

It's Condorcet that loves the center. IRV favors the center-left and center-right.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 10:19:09 PM »

Excellent, I am honored to have you as a running mate

Now, just a question about how this election works. Do the extra votes get transfered first, or does the candidate with the least votes get eliminated first? This may prove crucial to whether I will win or not. I'm not as concerned as to how it will work for you since you will without a doubt be re-elected.

Extra votes get transferred first.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 11:32:20 AM »

Maybe I should take every piece of economic legislation interfering with that to court. It seems that everything would.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 12:26:36 PM »

Maybe I should take every piece of economic legislation interfering with that to court. It seems that everything would.

Well, no. As long as regulations, taxes, etc. are applied to an industry as a whole, it is undistorted. However, this bailout favors the big 3 American companies, while giving no relief to the American divisions of foreign automakers.

What about free trade to some countries and not others?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 07:27:43 PM »

Under your system, who appoints judges?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 06:05:47 PM »

I know it's late but...

Endorsed!

I plan on giving you my first preference.

So this guy is a liar.

Note, "plan to". Jas entered the race late.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 06:34:27 PM »

Not really, but we're voting for him anyway.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 06:36:31 PM »

Yes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies