Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 07:28:07 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Avatar request.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Avatar request.  (Read 6991 times)
afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2008, 08:25:52 am »
Ignore

I humbly request that avatars are created for the British home nations. It is understandable and reasonable that they exist for US States and Canadian Provinces, but not for British nations considering their history, culture and the effects of the devolution settlement.

A similar argument, I feel could be made for the German lander etc

I will be more than happy to create these avatars for hosting as I know it is time consuming Smiley

Afleitch x
Forum patriot and Scot

??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 10:27:48 am »
Ignore

I humbly request that avatars are created for the British home nations. It is understandable and reasonable that they exist for US States and Canadian Provinces, but not for British nations considering their history, culture and the effects of the devolution settlement.

A similar argument, I feel could be made for the German lander etc

I will be more than happy to create these avatars for hosting as I know it is time consuming Smiley

Afleitch x
Forum patriot and Scot

Taking up the idea of my earlier statement? Wink
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 11:14:19 am »
Ignore

Yeah and why isn't there an Italy avatar (not that I would use it but it should be an option)?  Tongue

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 12:14:58 pm »
Ignore

Yeah and why isn't there an Italy avatar (not that I would use it but it should be an option)?  Tongue

We do have an Italian poster, so it is warranted. Israeli, Dutch, and New Zealander avatars are also worthwhile.

AFAIK, they're fairly random and based on what countries had people in 2005.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 02:59:59 pm »
Ignore

I made avatars for each of the British nations, but I have no clue where they are now.  TN2024 had the Welsh one in his sig for a while.
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 03:54:43 pm »
Ignore

Breton avatar!

Breizh Dieub!

Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 12:02:49 am »
Ignore

Whilst we are talking about the topic about avatars. Why not Australian state avatars? Considering we do have a few Australian members on this board. Not to mention Dave, I would like to express state pride Grin. Sad I know, but then again such is life. I should stop with the Kelly quotes.

Here's to the State of Richard Nixon

Some things are better left covered up.
IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 12:12:41 am »
Ignore

Whilst we are talking about the topic about avatars. Why not Australian state avatars? Considering we do have a few Australian members on this board. Not to mention Dave, I would like to express state pride Grin. Sad I know, but then again such is life. I should stop with the Kelly quotes.

I'm quite intrigued by this. I would probably use a Northern Territory avatar for a few days out of pity for how underpopulated it is. Tongue

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 01:16:09 pm »
Ignore

A similar argument, I feel could be made for the German lander etc especially the pre-1866 ones!

Afleitch x
Forum patriot and Scot

Lewis x
Forum patriot and Frankfurt man

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
GMantis
Dessie Potter
YaBB God
Bulgaria

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 01:35:40 pm »
Ignore

As we're on the topic, I would like to request a Bulgaria avatar.
And I support my fellow avatar seekers Smiley

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 02:59:37 pm »
Ignore

A similar argument, I feel could be made for the German lander etc especially the pre-1866 ones!

Afleitch x
Forum patriot and Scot

Lewis x

I want to wear a Coburg avatar!

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 03:05:28 pm »
Ignore

Afleitch x
Forum patriot and Scot

Lewis x

Saxe-Coburg was a state for about a year in 1919-20. Maybe you mean Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 03:16:54 pm »
Ignore

Afleitch x
Forum patriot and Scot

Lewis x

Saxe-Coburg was a state for about a year in 1919-20. Maybe you mean Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

gonschior.de called it "Coburg".

Update reading list

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 03:58:40 pm »
Ignore

Afleitch x
Forum patriot and Scot

Lewis x

Hmmm... you seem to be right. Let me rephrase:

Coburg was a state for about a year in 1919-20. Maybe you mean Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 04:56:26 pm »
Ignore

X Conor Flynn, founder of the Conorism

Here's to the State of Richard Nixon

Some things are better left covered up.
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 05:04:41 pm »
Ignore

x Kentoc'h mervel eget saotr, resident Breton

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 05:19:10 pm »
Ignore

Afleitch x
Forum patriot and Scot

Lewis x

Coburg was a state for about a year in 1919-20. Maybe you mean Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

I do. Some of the other ones would be fun too. What was the place where all the royalty was called Henry? Was that Reuss?

Update reading list

??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 05:43:43 pm »
Ignore

Wouldn't you prefer a Russian avatar?
Ronnie
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 08:49:11 pm »
Ignore

Um, I know this is a little bit off topic, but I'd like to request Republican-leaning independent, and Democratic-leaning independent avatars. Tongue

Born and raised in California
IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 08:55:09 pm »
Ignore

Um, I know this is a little bit off topic, but I'd like to request Republican-leaning independent, and Democratic-leaning independent avatars. Tongue

Have something you need to confess? Wink

Ronnie
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 09:19:20 pm »
Ignore

Uh, I was a Republican-leaning independent for a long time now.  Nothing to hide here. Wink

Born and raised in California
IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 09:50:58 pm »
Ignore

Uh, I was a Republican-leaning independent for a long time now.  Nothing to hide here. Wink

I take it you like the blue avatars a lot? So do I. Smiley

Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 01:55:40 am »
Ignore

On the one hand, I say, that's a cool idea, but on the othera hand, it takes away from the idea that you're using it to identify with a party.  You either vote mostly Republican, or you're an independent.  When you go to the voting booth you're either one or the other.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
YaBB God
Bulgaria

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 03:43:06 am »
Ignore

Wouldn't you prefer a Russian avatar?
Unlike you, the loyality to my own country comes before loyality to any other country.

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 05:52:40 am »
Ignore

Afleitch x
Forum patriot and Scot

Lewis x

I do. Some of the other ones would be fun too. What was the place where all the royalty was called Henry? Was that Reuss?
Schwarzburg I think - both lines I think.
I could go check but I won't. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout