Wyoming (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:38:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Wyoming (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wyoming  (Read 8684 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 12, 2008, 11:54:59 AM »

I have no clue why Wyoming is so much republican than even all of the state around it save Utah. I mean, all of the hicks in this reigion are trying to bring up how Obama makes them miserable even in normal business conversation. Two gas station clerks brought up their hatred of Obama and "people who can't manage their own livies" in less than a week with me when I was just there to buy gas. I am open to any reason why. It could be the Cheney effect (He does treat his supporters very well), but it could be anything else. It could be the influx of oil men who want a government that will optimize their profits by keeping taxes and regulations low and transfer payments and oil prices high. It could be that this state is so rural that guns are really that important and that Obama simply has a bad record on that. Heck, it could also be that Wyoming is such a small population that individuals are strongly influenced by their employers (and they adopt their boss's bottom line as their own because they are afraid that the boss may be priced out by a predatory Washington or, more realistically, that the boss might retaliate by firing them if they found out how they voted) and even more than usual than their parents.

What's strange is that issues such as gays, abortion, stem cells and Harry Potter don't really come up and when they do come up, they are usually dealt with silently with nothing coming of them.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 11:15:24 AM »

I was quite surprised - it certainly wasn't in line with the polling there.

OMG BRADLEY EFFECT!!!!!
Then why wasn't there one in Idaho? Are they not racist there? Smiley

Well, clearly Wyoming's long history of racial tension demonstrates why it was the only state in the entire nation to show a Bradley Effect! Wink

Actually, in some parts of this state, the "n" word still flys.

It probably was the subsidized oil industry and the subsidized cattle industry. They know who will make sure that they get more out of the government than they put in.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 03:54:57 PM »

Like ltl said, this was probably because of the Oil vote.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 11:21:04 AM »

I wonder how the green economy will change the electorate as the oil industry has a smaller and smaller stake in the economy and polity of our country.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 11:43:56 AM »

Well, were not going to be doing oil forever, are we?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 08:17:29 PM »

I invision an electorate that if weined off of certain policies, will tend to gravitate towards new ones.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies