Vitter vs. Craigslist?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:25:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Vitter vs. Craigslist?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vitter vs. Craigslist?  (Read 1806 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2008, 04:20:46 AM »

“Seeking a female candidate to challenge David Vitter in the Republican primary for the United States Senate in 2010. Candidate must be over 30 years old and a registered Republican in the state of Louisiana. Beyond this, we are looking for a candidate with a history in some aspect of the adult entertainment industry who has taken the benefit of that experience both monetarily and otherwise and translated it into success in their later career.

“Candidate will have the benefit of an experienced campaign staff, including finance and media teams. Reasonable compensation as allowed by federal campaign finance rules will be offered. This is a serious offer for a serious candidate who cares about the direction of her state and community and who is willing to accept the serious commitment of a statewide political campaign.

“Please forward a résumé or CV with contact information along with a 200-word description telling us who you are and why you think you are the ideal candidate to challenge David Vitter.”

http://www.politico.com/blogs/anneschroeder/1108/Suddenly_everyones_her_best_friend_.html?showall
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 08:41:02 AM »

LOL

Well at least Republicans are looking to challenge him. He's a sure loss if the Dem. candidate is remotely decent.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 10:08:27 AM »

lol, adult entertainment industry?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 12:55:29 PM »

LOL

Well at least Republicans are looking to challenge him. He's a sure loss if the Dem. candidate is remotely decent.

Don't be so sure: this is Louisiana we're talking about here Roll Eyes
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 01:21:24 PM »

Yeah, I'd say Vitter is favored for re-election at this point.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 01:36:48 PM »

Yeah, I'd say Vitter is favored for re-election at this point.

Agreed.

Vitter's probably staying unless he faces a very negative primary and general election.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 10:57:59 PM »

Funny.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 01:19:20 AM »

The prostitution scandal won't hurt him?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 01:23:50 AM »

The prostitution scandal won't hurt him?

Louisiana voters typically like their politicians to have a bit of "color", should we say.

Of course, lest we be confused, "color" does not extend to skin pigment.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 01:54:04 AM »

I wonder if William Jefferson could defeat David Vitter in the most corrupt state.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 01:59:04 AM »

I wonder if William Jefferson could defeat David Vitter in the most corrupt state.

Alaska?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 02:03:22 AM »

Alaska?

Oh yeah, Alaska. Well, in any case Louisiana is definitely one of the top 2.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 02:12:16 AM »

True.  Rep. William Jefferson easily won a primary runoff after being indicted on 16 corruption charges, against a local news anchor no less.

He represents the New Orleans area though.

Moreno was a b!tch and made a point to act like one whenever she was near a TV camera. Rumors abounded that she A. was a lesbian and B. liked to sleep with older married men. The fact that she was a local news anchor doesn't in any way signify she was a good candidate. She was actually a pretty awful candidate even putting the whole race thing aside.

In fact, she was the worst candidate besides Jefferson in the primary. Even worse than Ray Nagin's best bud Kenya. She only got second place because most of the white vote coalesced behind her on account of her being the only white candidate. And of course Jefferson beat her because he's the black one. I hate it when race is an issue.

But eh, I'm still bitter about Cedric Richmond getting third. I'll probably end up voting for that guy in Lewis's signature, just for the hell of it. Oh well.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 11:27:13 AM »

True.  Rep. William Jefferson easily won a primary runoff after being indicted on 16 corruption charges, against a local news anchor no less.

He represents the New Orleans area though.

Yeah, the state of Lousiana is not quite as partisan as the 2nd district is.

Given Louisiana's primary system and how unpopular Vitter was with the establishment even before he got caught, I expect some ambitious Republican to jump in and try to make hay from Vitter's scandals. That opens the door to a Democrat to join. And then more Republicans and Democrats. We'll see what happens. I think it is wishful thinking to consider this a safe Vitter seat, even if it's a likely Republican seat.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 11:38:53 AM »

Alaska?

You're also missing New Jersey, Illinois and New Mexico, among others (Mississippi too).
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 11:40:11 AM »

Given Louisiana's primary system and how unpopular Vitter was with the establishment even before he got caught, I expect some ambitious Republican to jump in and try to make hay from Vitter's scandals. That opens the door to a Democrat to join. And then more Republicans and Democrats. We'll see what happens. I think it is wishful thinking to consider this a safe Vitter seat, even if it's a likely Republican seat.

Louisiana no longer has the jungle primary for federal elections.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 01:58:06 AM »

Alaska?

You're also missing New Jersey, Illinois and New Mexico, among others (Mississippi too).

Naw, they're definitely the top 2. For 3rd place, I really have no idea. In addition to those states, Texas and Florida seem like possibilities.

As for the least corrupt, Wisconsin is supposedly tops, but I'm not sure. Vermont and North Dakota might do well, too.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 09:26:44 AM »

“Seeking a female candidate to challenge David Vitter in the Republican primary for the United States Senate in 2010. Candidate must be over 30 years old and a registered Republican in the state of Louisiana. Beyond this, we are looking for a candidate with a history in some aspect of the adult entertainment industry who has taken the benefit of that experience both monetarily and otherwise and translated it into success in their later career.

“Candidate will have the benefit of an experienced campaign staff, including finance and media teams. Reasonable compensation as allowed by federal campaign finance rules will be offered. This is a serious offer for a serious candidate who cares about the direction of her state and community and who is willing to accept the serious commitment of a statewide political campaign.

“Please forward a résumé or CV with contact information along with a 200-word description telling us who you are and why you think you are the ideal candidate to challenge David Vitter.”

http://www.politico.com/blogs/anneschroeder/1108/Suddenly_everyones_her_best_friend_.html?showall

uhhh........ what?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies