Opinion of these forum Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:07:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of these forum Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Opinion of these forum Republicans  (Read 7876 times)
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2008, 12:35:53 AM »

Rin-chan Probably the most friendly, happy, bubbly, and outright nice person on the forum. I don't think I've ever seen her say a negative word about anyone. She's one of those people who has such a sunny disposition that her cheerfulness seems to make the room seem somehow lighter and brighter than it was before.

*hugs*

That seriously just made my day Smiley

Rin-chan

I am pleased to make your day, but don't think of it as an empty compliment - I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't think it.

Smiley  Thank you Smiley

Rin-chan
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2008, 01:55:07 AM »

Ronnie I usually confuse him with Torie. I think they have fairly similar opinions on policy, they are both over the average age of Forum members, both of them are both knowledgeable and wise (my definition of wisdom is the practical application of knowledge). Their libertarian views probably create difference of opinion with me on some issues, but I hold them both in considerably high regard.

Oh ho, I wouldn't consider myself "knowledgeable and wise" at this point.  I'm still very much a rookie when it comes to politics, and even though I have been voting for quite some time, many of my political views (especially social issues) are not set in stone just yet.

Thank you for the kind words, though.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2008, 02:48:29 AM »

Ronnie I usually confuse him with Torie. I think they have fairly similar opinions on policy, they are both over the average age of Forum members, both of them are both knowledgeable and wise (my definition of wisdom is the practical application of knowledge). Their libertarian views probably create difference of opinion with me on some issues, but I hold them both in considerably high regard.

Oh ho, I wouldn't consider myself "knowledgeable and wise" at this point.  I'm still very much a rookie when it comes to politics, and even though I have been voting for quite some time, many of my political views (especially social issues) are not set in stone just yet.

Thank you for the kind words, though.

I don't know... you seem to have a good head on your shoulders, you seem to use common sense, and while some of you may still be forming some of your political opinions, I still think you know more about the political system then the average person. I think that knowing how to think is just as (or even more) important in politics, compared to knowing various political theories. I think that it's more your reasoning and thought processes that make you come across that way.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2008, 06:43:28 PM »

Supersoulty  -- Misunderstood.  Extremely adroit in disagreement.  Almost always civil. Tremendous control of many subject matters, particularly the Roman Catholic Church.  A real credit to his faith and his party.

Keystone Phil  --  We've had our dustups and surely will again.  But bottom line, this is a guy who loves his country and wants the best for it.  So it's hard to find fault with a fellow like that. 

Mike Naso --  I am not a weather addict...BUT...when there's a hurricane brewing, there's no one I would rather hear from. 

fezzyfestoon --  Fair minded, smart, courteous.  Not one I have interacted with all that much.

AHDuke --  Possibly the least hackish maps and predictions I have ever seen from a blue avatar (and there are lots of good ones).  Duke knows his stuff and usually pretty nice in debate. 

Inks --  Always extremely polite and friendly to me.  Not a fan of his politics, but a real positive force for civility in discussion.

Kevin --  I probably should know this poster but the name is not ringing any bells.  Sorry.

Rin-chan --  Fun, fun, fun.  Her threads are delightful and always help foster community.  I have a sneaking suspicion she is the person we'd hire to organize an actual in-person Forum party.  And just so I don't destroy my image as a dirty old man, yes...she's a button.  (As in, "cute as a...")

MasterJedi --  Really need to get to know him better before I comment.

Ronnie --  I am fairly new to his posts and prefer to reserve comment.

Torie -- One of the few posters I actually come here for.  He is erudite, reasonable, thought-provoking and never acid-tongued.  At least with me.  I think very few of us are in this man's league.

Aksaber --  Great guy.  Super-friendly and often contributes excellent posts.

phknrocket1k --  Sharp as a tack, he seems to have good control of whatever subject matter is at hand.  We seldom agree, but he usually makes me think...which can never be a bad thing. I gotta admit, I get him confused with PiT all the time...but less so since PiT switched his avatar.

DWTL --  Not a fan.  (Understatement of the year.)

ColinWixted --  We've never crossed swords and seldom do we cross paths.  But I like what I have read.

A18 --  No idea who this is.  Phillip?  If so, I find him to be refreshingly cynical but not nasty.  I like his thoughts about social issues, especially in terms of moving his party toward the center.  Though I am sure the two of us would clash on economics.

Jake -- just getting to know him really. 

muon2 -- Good to have Illinois represented from the Republican aisle.

PBrunsel --- best Sig EVER!!!!!  (I like historic stuff, especially patriotic ephemera...)

paul718 -- no idea

J.J.  --  I love the guy when discussing anything non-political.  LOL  I think he has some serious blinders on politically, not just in terms of his biases (we all have those) but in terms of his understanding of how certain things are going to play out in a given election.  That said, J.J. has never been anything but gracious and kind to me...

Winfield --  I always want to call him WILLARD for some reason...and not because I think he's a rat. LOL  Great guy.

And you forgot my second favorite blue avatar --- BULLMOOSE.  Who is as smart and pleasant as they come.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2008, 06:49:36 PM »

Duke knows his stuff and usually pretty nice in debate. 

Really?
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2008, 07:29:40 PM »

Rin-chan --  Fun, fun, fun.  Her threads are delightful and always help foster community.  I have a sneaking suspicion she is the person we'd hire to organize an actual in-person Forum party.  And just so I don't destroy my image as a dirty old man, yes...she's a button.  (As in, "cute as a...")

Smiley Thanks Smiley

I'm flattered you think I'd be good at organizing a Forum get-together lol  Unfortunately, I don't have organizing skills lol

Rin-chan
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2008, 10:39:13 AM »

With me, anyway. 
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2008, 12:24:54 PM »

Appreciate the love JSojourner
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2008, 04:51:14 PM »

I'm nice when the other person is respectful. JS is always respectful, which is more than I can say for Mr. Xahar. Last time I check, JS didn't hack into another members computer and threaten blackmail.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2008, 05:19:31 PM »

I'm nice when the other person is respectful. JS is always respectful, which is more than I can say for Mr. Xahar. Last time I check, JS didn't hack into another members computer and threaten blackmail.

Really? When did that happen?
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2008, 05:32:08 PM »

I must have missed something...?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2008, 06:04:54 PM »

It was in the Fantasy Politics. I helped found a right leaning party which is the largest in the game, and Xahar was obsessed with bringing us down. To make a long story short, he and another member hacked into Brandon H's server and accessed our Party's forum and posted  information on this site and Xahar continued to threaten to post more. It wasn't anything bad he was accessing, but just because he wasn't a part of it drove him insane and it was a crime to hack into someone else's computer.

That is why I'm not always nice to the kid. People who do that don't deserve to be treated well.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »

I didn't hack on to his server...

But you're the only person on Earth who still cares about that. Get over it.

I helped found a right leaning party which is the largest in the game, and Xahar was obsessed with bringing us down.

Double misstatement. DWDL stubbornly insists the party is nonideological, and you're not the largest.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2008, 06:29:31 PM »

Same here.  Duke has always been nothing but respectful and nice to me, even though I doubt we agree on anything.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2008, 07:12:35 PM »

I didn't hack on to his server...

But you're the only person on Earth who still cares about that. Get over it.

Which is why even people who confirmed you as AG did it with reservation because of your conduct. But, as you say, no one cares. Roll Eyes

You're just lucky that you were the only one with enough time to do the job, or they would've gotten someone else. That was why you got it, not because they didn't care about your conduct.

I helped found a right leaning party which is the largest in the game, and Xahar was obsessed with bringing us down.

Double misstatement. DWDL stubbornly insists the party is nonideological, and you're not the largest.
[/quote]

Well, we aren't the largest if you consider the NLC, with half of their members being inactive. And no party is ideological in Atlas, but we are for small federal government, which is right leaning.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2008, 07:15:38 PM »

Well, we aren't the largest if you consider the NLC, with half of their members being inactive. And no party is ideological in Atlas, but we are for small federal government, which is right leaning.

Tell it to your leftist members, why don't you?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2008, 07:44:37 PM »

We're all brought together because we support regional control and a limited federal government. Again, there aren't ideologues in that game. That's been said over and over.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2008, 07:51:29 PM »

We're all brought together because we support regional control and a limited federal government. Again, there aren't ideologues in that game. That's been said over and over.

And it's "right-leaning". I get it now.

This quote pyramid is now concluded.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2008, 10:36:40 PM »

Do you two always have to argue? It is fun to read but it is getting old fast.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2008, 12:26:48 AM »

Arguing is fun.

But I'm done with that, at least on this thread.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2008, 12:28:34 AM »

Arguing is fun.

But I'm done with that, at least on this thread.

lol. so young.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2008, 12:32:52 AM »

Duke is a nice guy, even tho he is not good looking. He seems sane..
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2008, 12:36:52 AM »

Yes, hes a nice guy from what I have saw, but I strongly oppose his right wing economics.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2008, 01:34:54 AM »

Uh .... you've never seen me, have you? Surprise
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2008, 01:42:22 AM »

Uh .... you've never seen me, have you? Surprise

Uh, you did post a pic of yourself on that thread before..and no you are not cute.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies