Is anyone else sick of the Pregnant Man?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:54:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is anyone else sick of the Pregnant Man?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Is anyone else sick of the Pregnant Man?  (Read 6243 times)
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 08:12:31 PM »

This is just another example of the media making an "important" story out of a really dumb and inane one, while ignoring worthwhile news.
gfev5150
Rookie
United States
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 08:40:22 PM »

At least he can answer us the age old question: Is giving birth really more painful than being kicked in the nuts?

Who cares if he can cross a the gender line?
Honestly, a chick that can down a twelve pack and survive a triple-header Football Sunday is much more impressive.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 02:21:30 AM »

At least he can answer us the age old question: Is giving birth really more painful than being kicked in the nuts?
No she can't.  She doesn't have nuts.

And that has already been answered.  It hurts worse to give birth, no doubt about it.  The kicker (teehee) is that men get hit in the nuts dozens (on average) of times in their life times whereas the ladies only give birth 1 or 2 times (again, average) and it can be controlled.  I'd trade one or two instances of slightly worse, yet planned pain for random and often (relatively) slightly less pain.  We men need to bring up this little factoid everytime a woman bitches about child birth.  I know I do.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 02:53:55 AM »

Once it was known it was a pre-op female/male -- kinda lost its mystery.

Since she still has all her internal bits and pieces, what she is on the outside is immaterial to the issue. She's biologically capable of baring children - end of story.
Plant City Rebel
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.17

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 08:34:51 AM »

And that has already been answered.  It hurts worse to give birth, no doubt about it.  The kicker (teehee) is that men get hit in the nuts dozens (on average) of times in their life times whereas the ladies only give birth 1 or 2 times (again, average) and it can be controlled.  I'd trade one or two instances of slightly worse, yet planned pain for random and often (relatively) slightly less pain.  We men need to bring up this little factoid everytime a woman bitches about child birth.  I know I do.

LOL, it's not just the childbirth that hurts during the pregnancy.  There are other things that ache and hurt the whole nine months.  At least the pain in the nuts goes away after 5 or 10 minutes, the breasts ache the whole nine months! Then the Braxton hicks contractions the last two months, and then labor, and transition, not to mention the childbirth itself!   And yes it can be controlled, but then you men complain about other parts of you swelling and aching Grin

Seriously though, whether she wants to be called a he or not, SHE is still female, until all her girlie bits are taken out, she is still a she.  Ditto with the guys, you got the banana, you're still a man, no matter how well it is tucked.  ( Or how well your makeup is done)
gfev5150
Rookie
United States
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 11:17:01 AM »

If the pregnant man has no nuts i fail to see how it's a "man".
Anyway, I know childbirth is more painful, I was just kidding about that. I believe having your femur bone broken is supposed to be the worst pain a person can experience, pregnancy right under that.

I'm still sick of the pregnant "man" though.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 11:28:14 AM »

Seriously though, whether she wants to be called a he or not, SHE is still female, until all her girlie bits are taken out, she is still a she.  Ditto with the guys, you got the banana, you're still a man, no matter how well it is tucked.  ( Or how well your makeup is done)

If every one of our cells contains our chromosomes, and women have two X chromosomes and men have one X and one Y... then surely every cell in her body says she's a woman, regardless of how the exterior appears. Surgical procedures don't change her genetic structure, surely?

(rhetorical question)
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2008, 11:40:08 AM »

It's a little more complex than that. She's biologically female, which allows her to develop the child, but psychologically she feels she's a man. It's a gender identity issue.
Plant City Rebel
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 12:00:46 PM »

It's a little more complex than that. She's biologically female, which allows her to develop the child, but psychologically she feels she's a man. It's a gender identity issue.

Might be a gender identity issue, as it has been pointed out, she remains a female, genetically.  If follow the train of thought that allows that she views herself more as a man, that makes her one, then it stands to reason, that if any of us choose to feel that we are anything other than we are, than it is.  Which, as we well know, is just not true.  I'm sorry, I'm of the opinion, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.  Uterus+Pregnant=Female, no matter how much she wants to be a he.   
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2008, 12:21:40 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2008, 12:36:15 PM by Earth »

Might be a gender identity issue, as it has been pointed out, she remains a female, genetically.  If follow the train of thought that allows that she views herself more as a man, that makes her one, then it stands to reason, that if any of us choose to feel that we are anything other than we are, than it is.  Which, as we well know, is just not true...

But there's a difference between sex and gender. Sex is biological, as in anatomic distinctions, and gender, which is psychological. It's identification with a specific cultural idea about what is a man or a woman. It's nothing new.

I'm sorry, I'm of the opinion, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.  Uterus+Pregnant=Female, no matter how much she wants to be a he. 

A stranger's sex is easy to gauge. Their own view of themselves, that's harder. Maybe it's not a duck, but a loon, or a coot. Smiley
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2008, 10:09:25 AM »

Might be a gender identity issue, as it has been pointed out, she remains a female, genetically.  If follow the train of thought that allows that she views herself more as a man, that makes her one, then it stands to reason, that if any of us choose to feel that we are anything other than we are, than it is.  Which, as we well know, is just not true...

But there's a difference between sex and gender. Sex is biological, as in anatomic distinctions, and gender, which is psychological. It's identification with a specific cultural idea about what is a man or a woman. It's nothing new.

Sincerely believing I'm Napoleon doesn't make me Napoleon. I might identify as Napoleon, I might introduce myself to people as Napoleon, I might walk around dressed as Napoleon, still doesn't make me Napoleon, though. We are who and what we are, regardless of whether we'd prefer to be someone or something else.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2008, 11:00:52 AM »

Sincerely believing I'm Napoleon doesn't make me Napoleon. I might identify as Napoleon, I might introduce myself to people as Napoleon, I might walk around dressed as Napoleon, still doesn't make me Napoleon, though. We are who and what we are, regardless of whether we'd prefer to be someone or something else.

That's because Napoleon has been dead for 190 years and someone walking around on the street wearing his hat and speaking French would quite clearly not be him and not be treated like him. Even if he pretended not to understand English or escalators or electricity.

Some transgender people have a very hard time passing, but many do not. I tell you, there are some FTMs you would be absolutely convinced were men, albeit shorter than average, because of how they look and interact. They can convince you they're men, and so if they never let on or talk about their plumbing, how would you ever know? And why would it matter that you did?
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2008, 12:54:06 PM »

Except that most transgendered people don't wake up suddenly identifying with the opposite sex. Much of their self-perceived identity forms early in life. There's a lot of examples of male children feeling as if their sex is the wrong one, and vice versa. Our psyche isn't as concrete as you'd like to believe, who and what we are are a giant mix of cultural values, reactions to it, and self perception.
Plant City Rebel
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2008, 04:42:05 PM »

I'm just wondering, in today's society, with all of the traditional gender lines being so blurred, why would it be such an issue about a person identifying with the opposite gender. We know, that women can do traditional male jobs just as well, if not better than men, and have been breaking gender stereotypes for years.   On the same  hand, I know men, who are top in their fields, at traditional female arts.   Little girls now routinely play with toys that in the past have been marketed strictly to males, ditto with little boys and dolls.  Why is it such a big deal to have to have your outside match what you feel on the inside.  Seriously, I don't feel like a 31 brunette housewife, I still feel like I did when I was 18, and except for the fact that I look in the mirror and know that I'm not a size zero, I don't feel that I'm not. Do I feel as if I need cosmetic work to make both match?  No, I'm happy with myself as I am .  Goodness knows it took enough time and energy to get that way. Ditto with  my eldest daughter, started in Cheerleading, she's now loving Karate.  Do I care that I don't get to spend the amount of time doing her hair and makeup?  Heck no, I'm just tickled she's enjoying herself.   I'm just trying to figure out how to keep her gi white, when we were told not to bleach it.   Does that fact that she's kicking tail in competition make her less of a girl? Should she be encouraged, to be anything less than the little girlie girl she is outside of the dojo?  Should we stop going for the manicures and pedicures because she is now focusing more on katas than on toe touches?

I don't think we're ever going to agree on this.  I don't think that anyone will agree on this in 20 years, but hey, we're having fun right? Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies