How has your family voted? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:47:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How has your family voted? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How has your family voted?  (Read 55570 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 21, 2011, 10:59:05 AM »

My Mom:
1984: Reagan (R)
1988: Bush (R)
1992: Bush (R)
1996: Clinton (D)
2000: Bush (R)
2004: Bush (R)
2008: McCain (R)

My Maternal Grandfather: (guesses based things he's told me & such)
1960: Kennedy (D)
1968: Humphrey (D)
1972: McGovern (D) this surprised me. However, I'm running on four year old memories of him saying he never liked Nixon, etc.

I'd see my grandfather as a Nixon/ Reagan Democrat. Only wrinkle in that is he likely never voted Nixon. Probably voted straight Republican or close to it following Carter. Not sure, but I think he would've voted for fellow Michiganian Ford in 1976.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 03:31:02 PM »

I have an older brother (he is 36 years old) who lives in a tent outside of Bonaparte, Iowa, and makes his living selling religious tracts and pamphlets. As you might expect he has only voted for Ron Paul.

Religious Tracts?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »

Sanchez, you're lucky you were able to get all that info on your family's voting history. Half of mine is whiped out and I can't ever ask them those questions.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 05:08:25 PM »

My entire family has voted Democrat since we've been in the United States, with a few exceptions in a branch that identifies more strongly with a different branch of their own family than the one that I'm in (the most recent Republican candidate for Massachusetts State Auditor is actually in this branch).

Interesting! How would you describe this person's politics? Because MA Republicans, like many (most?) Republicans in the Northeast, tend to be a bit more...um...'traditionally" Republican than elsewhere in the country.

Mary's mostly a fiscally conservative technocrat type. She was on the Turnpike Commission and an ally of Romney when he was governor. Back when gay marriage was legalized she was one of the people freaking out about it but she seems to have mellowed on that since then. She has a specific (and, to be quite frank, entirely reasonable) grudge against NPR but doesn't seem to be opposed to it on principle.

http://www.ourcampaigns.com/CandidateDetail.html?CandidateID=48761 ?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 02:10:27 PM »

My dad was a Republican as far as I know. Only primary vote I know him to have cast is for Romney in '08. Little idea of his voting record pre-'08 but for my family's support for Bush (in '04) and his prioritization of right-to-life candidates. My mom has said that she may have voted for Clinton twice. Voted for Romney in probably both primaries, Republican in the general. Can't give you much more than that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies