How has your family voted? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:12:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How has your family voted? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How has your family voted?  (Read 55576 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: July 18, 2012, 04:05:37 PM »

My entire family has voted Democrat since we've been in the United States, with a few exceptions in a branch that identifies more strongly with a different branch of their own family than the one that I'm in (the most recent Republican candidate for Massachusetts State Auditor is actually in this branch).
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:43:25 PM »

My entire family has voted Democrat since we've been in the United States, with a few exceptions in a branch that identifies more strongly with a different branch of their own family than the one that I'm in (the most recent Republican candidate for Massachusetts State Auditor is actually in this branch).

Interesting! How would you describe this person's politics? Because MA Republicans, like many (most?) Republicans in the Northeast, tend to be a bit more...um...'traditionally" Republican than elsewhere in the country.

Mary's mostly a fiscally conservative technocrat type. She was on the Turnpike Commission and an ally of Romney when he was governor. Back when gay marriage was legalized she was one of the people freaking out about it but she seems to have mellowed on that since then. She has a specific (and, to be quite frank, entirely reasonable) grudge against NPR but doesn't seem to be opposed to it on principle.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:14:09 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2012, 05:17:02 PM by Nathan »

Interesting! How would you describe this person's politics? Because MA Republicans, like many (most?) Republicans in the Northeast, tend to be a bit more...um...'traditionally" Republican than elsewhere in the country.

Mary's mostly a fiscally conservative technocrat type. She was on the Turnpike Commission and an ally of Romney when he was governor. Back when gay marriage was legalized she was one of the people freaking out about it but she seems to have mellowed on that since then. She has a specific (and, to be quite frank, entirely reasonable) grudge against NPR but doesn't seem to be opposed to it on principle.

http://www.ourcampaigns.com/CandidateDetail.html?CandidateID=48761 ?

Yup, that's her (although I'd forgotten about her work for the State Lottery, and I could be confusing that with the Turnpike Authority).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies