How has your family voted? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:52:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How has your family voted? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How has your family voted?  (Read 55562 times)
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« on: August 25, 2012, 03:21:49 AM »

My parents' first election was in 1994, in California. Voted straight-ticket Democrat, including against Pete Wilson. Consistently straight-ticket Democratic after that. Are still very proud for not jumping on the Governator train.

Dad kept his Gore/Lieberman sticker on his car until 2008. They wanted to GO TO WASHINGTON D.C. AND TAKE BACK THE WHITE HOUSE with Howard Dean, but that obviously failed, so they had to settle with Kerry. Voted for Billary in 2008. I'm also pretty sure 2008 is the only time my parents have ever voted differently, with my mom voting Obama and my dad leaving it blank, though they both made sure to vote for Prop 8.

They both voted straight-ticket Republican in 2010 and will probably do so again in 2012.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 12:11:04 PM »

Oh yes, I suppose there are family members despite my parents.

My paternal grandfather was (and is I suppose) a life-long Communist, of the left-communist orientation, so explicitly anti-revisionist and extremely anti-Moscow, anti-USSR.

My maternal grandfather was more an "establishment-moderate" type Communist, but he died a long long time ago, so there's not too much information.

My brother used to be a hardcore Democrat (straight-ticket) until he started working in the healthcare industry and Obamacare landed. Now he is a very solid Republican.

Didn't really pay attention much until 2004. I supported Kerry heavily because I was very unhappy with Bush's foreign policy. In 2008, I supported Hillary and then very reluctantly Obama (McCain/Palin was not a winning economic team). In 2012, I'm more excited about Romney than perhaps any presidential candidate in American history.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies