gordon smith vs. barack obama.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:43:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  gordon smith vs. barack obama.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: gordon smith vs. barack obama.  (Read 17531 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2008, 12:41:28 AM »

The question was were those people lying and saying that they were voting for Obama. There's no evidence to support that, especially if all these die-hard Democrats screaming for McCain signs stories you said were real. Such a person isn't going to lie to pollsters. I also have yet to hear an actual explanation as to why the Bradley Effect didn't appear in the primaries.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2008, 12:52:09 AM »

The question was were those people lying and saying that they were voting for Obama. There's no evidence to support that, especially if all these die-hard Democrats screaming for McCain signs stories you said were real. Such a person isn't going to lie to pollsters. I also have yet to hear an actual explanation as to why the Bradley Effect didn't appear in the primaries.

Why wouldn't those people lie to pollsters? And, yes, I have explained why the Bradley Effect wasn't really present in the primaries. You just love rehashing old arguments and I don't have time for you sad amusement.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2008, 12:53:42 AM »

Well, I think there's two coherent arguments for why this might be true.

1- People who are prone to lying to pollsters because of fear of appearing racist could decide to simply stay home rather than make the decision actually I give up on this post it doesn't make sense
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2008, 12:55:26 AM »

Why wouldn't those people lie to pollsters?

So you put up a McCain sign but lie to pollsters to say you're voting for Obama. OK makes perfect sense.

And, yes, I have explained why the Bradley Effect wasn't really present in the primaries. You just love rehashing old arguments and I don't have time for you sad amusement.

No you haven't really other than "The Democratic primary includes just Democrats" which hardly makes any sense considering the people supposedly so susceptible too were Hillary voters in the primary.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2008, 01:49:09 AM »

It appears I've had a pretty innocuous post deleted. Huh.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies