Sources say that Obama has made up his mind to run for president in 2008
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:03:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Sources say that Obama has made up his mind to run for president in 2008
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sources say that Obama has made up his mind to run for president in 2008  (Read 6389 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2006, 12:39:08 AM »

The Republicans will hurl every insult and criticism imaginable against Obama, but it doesn't change the fact that he has the ability to beat any Republican they put up.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2006, 08:36:58 AM »

The Republicans will hurl every insult and criticism imaginable against Obama, but it doesn't change the fact that he has the ability to beat any Republican they put up.

yeah, like alan keyes.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2006, 08:39:25 AM »

Mitty, you were so spot on in your 2006 election predictions, I urge everyone to listen to all of your 2008 predictions.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2006, 08:49:41 AM »

Mitty, you were so spot on in your 2006 election predictions, I urge everyone to listen to all of your 2008 predictions.

well the good news for obama is that bobby rush isnt running for the democrat presidential nomination.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2006, 08:55:18 AM »

well the good news for obama is that bobby rush isnt running for the democrat presidential nomination.

And Deval Patrick was "too liberal" to win the governor's race in Massachusetts.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2006, 09:00:18 AM »

And Deval Patrick was "too liberal" to win the governor's race in Massachusetts.

that was my opinion.

to say that obama received a beat down from that little piss ant bobby rush is fact.

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2006, 09:15:35 AM »

Big mistake.  2008 is not his year.  He really should wait until 2012.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2006, 11:33:36 AM »

Big mistake.  2008 is not his year.  He really should wait until 2012.

I think he knows that.  This is a warmup for the real thing.  I think he expects to gain some stature and experience from this race, and then try again in 4 or 8 years, depending on circumstances.

That would make more sense than simply pulling a run for president out of his ass this early in his career.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2006, 01:29:01 PM »

that was my opinion.

to say that obama received a beat down from that little piss ant bobby rush is fact.

Dude, that was in a congressional primary and Rush was the incumbent. Do you realize how difficult it is to defeat an incumbent congressman in a primary? It only rarely happens; and even then, only when the incumbent has some egregious flaws.

In reality, Obama was the "little piss-ant" back then, being a state senator nobody had really heard of.

I agree with Dazzleman. He's doing this to build his stature among Iowa and New Hampshire voters or possibly a spot at the bottom of the Democratic ticket. As long as Obama doesn't do something stupid during the campaign, I fail to see what he has to lose by doing this.
sethm0

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2006, 01:41:27 PM »

Mark my words, once Hillary starts spending all that money her poll numbers will shoot up.

I hope Obama has a real shot in this election, but I'm just not sure he has the same caliber organization and donor base Hillary does, not to mention the same quality of consultants.

In the end, he may end up helping Hillary, not being storng enough to beat her in the primary but, by running to her left, making her appear more moderate in the general.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »

Doesn't it hurt you just a bit when you can't address comments that are about the topic at hand?

yeah, like alan keyes.

Or the strong challenger I'm sure the IL GOP put up in Obama's State Senate district.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2008, 04:07:57 PM »

I, for one, believe that he is little more than a flash in the pan. When the election season really kicks in, Obama-mania will die.

i agree.

The only person on the board with worse political instincts than Vlad and Mitty is AUH20. It's refershing to see that they both think Obama is a "flash in the pan".

LOL - very true. The fact that Mitty is predicting that Obama will be a flash in the pan makes me think I should go bet every penny to my name that Obama will be elected President in '08.

lol
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 02:58:01 AM »

Mark my words, once Hillary starts spending all that money her poll numbers will shoot up.

I hope Obama has a real shot in this election, but I'm just not sure he has the same caliber organization and donor base Hillary does, not to mention the same quality of consultants.

In the end, he may end up helping Hillary, not being storng enough to beat her in the primary but, by running to her left, making her appear more moderate in the general.

Goldmine material
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 03:12:28 AM »

some great political instincts in this thread indeed
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 04:12:11 AM »