MN Sen Recount (UPDATE: Stuart Smalley certified winner, lawsuit forthcoming) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:03:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN Sen Recount (UPDATE: Stuart Smalley certified winner, lawsuit forthcoming) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN Sen Recount (UPDATE: Stuart Smalley certified winner, lawsuit forthcoming)  (Read 119583 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 01, 2008, 03:28:47 AM »

Supposedly this is not an overvote. It's for Coleman: http://senaterecount.startribune.com/media/ballotPDFs/chippewa_claracity_challengedballot1.pdf

Can we all agree that many Coleman challengers are complete fucking morons?

There should be legal consequences for abusing the system with frivolous challenges, really.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 03:38:10 AM »

Only if we can all agree that Franken challengers are complete fucking morons.

Coleman's people are not morons, in any case.  They're engaged in a petty case of tit-for-tat frivolous challenges with Team Franken.  Part of it is petty revenge, part of it is PR: Coleman doesn't want Franken to dramatically outpace them on challenges, or the running tally (which doesn't include challenged ballots) will start showing a Franken lead.

As I mentioned in my response to BRTD's post, there really should be legal consequences for this sort of petty misuse of the legal system.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 04:00:40 AM »

Only if we can all agree that Franken challengers are complete fucking morons.

Coleman's people are not morons, in any case.  They're engaged in a petty case of tit-for-tat frivolous challenges with Team Franken.  Part of it is petty revenge, part of it is PR: Coleman doesn't want Franken to dramatically outpace them on challenges, or the running tally (which doesn't include challenged ballots) will start showing a Franken lead.

As I mentioned in my response to BRTD's post, there really should be legal consequences for this sort of petty misuse of the legal system.

How can you decide what challenge is frivolous and which one isn't?  Slippery slope.

Possibly really extreme cases like the most recent one BRTD posted that was an overvote for Franken & the Constitutionalist, but Coleman's camp challenged as a vote for himself.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 09:14:35 AM »

I wonder what precisely the public reaction would be to the Senate seating Franken if Coleman is declared the winner.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 10:43:29 PM »

It would be interesting to see roughly what the percentage was of challenged votes that were in reality completely unambiguous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies