Huckabee book reignites feud with Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:29:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Huckabee book reignites feud with Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huckabee book reignites feud with Romney  (Read 6611 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: November 22, 2008, 12:53:43 PM »

I really don't know what this argument is all about, but how is it erroneous to claim that Mitt Romney flipped on gay rights and abortion? I'm not trying to be argumentative, fezzy,I just am curious. The reason why I didn't like him in the primaries was because I felt he was disingenuous, claiming he was all of a sudden pro-life and anti-gay while pandering to the evangelical wing of the party. He ran as a moderate against Ted Kennedy in 1994. To be honest, if he had remained the same guy, I would be much more likely to support him over his current incarnation. The 1994-2002 Mitt Romney was the kind of Republican I like-fiscally conservative and socially moderate. I'll agree that he is unfairly demonized on this forum, and my reservations with him came from my own readings of his past stances. The reason I liked Rudy so much was that he didn't try to hide that he was a social liberal, nor did he claim he had had an epiphany and became pro-life.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies