Huckabee book reignites feud with Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:46:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Huckabee book reignites feud with Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huckabee book reignites feud with Romney  (Read 6645 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 22, 2008, 03:20:58 PM »

Phil
I wouldn't be going around attacking flip flops of people when the people you have supported aren't any different

Rick Santorum in 1994-"12 years is long enough for any congressmen" not an exact quote but close enough. Add to that his support of Specter in 2004 which you yourself criticized. There is also the residency issue. His failure to fight out of control spending while in the leadership. 

John McCain in 2003-I don't thing we should cut taxes for the richest among us. Plus you got Immigration, Evanglicals being agents of intollerance, Offshore Drilling, and even his support for Bush and the Iraq war technically is a flip flop.

North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 03:31:11 PM »

I think Huckabee is very narrow minded in this instance if he things the threat to the GOP is limited Gov't. Big Spenders have ran the party into the ground for the past 8 yrs while the limited Gov't people like Gingrich and Armey created that majority in 1994.

His book does nothing but continue the same old montra about people like Mitt Romney destroying the party. Huck's state isn't exactly electing Reps up and done the ballot. In fact Huck presided over one of the biggest declines in a state's party ever with the exception of VT. The wasn't much to the GOP in Mass when Romney was elected so its not like there was anything left to damage. Huck is almost as good as his evil opponents the Club for Growth in electing Dems.

You know I actually want Huckabee to run again. But I also want Jindal Palin and Romney to run as well. Split the Evengelical "I'll vote for Huck cause the Reverend says so crowd" and allow Romney to win in Iowa.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 02:42:54 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2008, 02:44:34 PM by North Carolina Yankee »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And I've stated my differences with him, too. He has definitely stood by what he believes more than Romney.

[/quote]
The problem is that McCain beleived in, whatever would make the media love him for supporting it, for several years. Somethings he said and did just for that reason. I still don't believe him when it came to the Kerry Veep rumors or the the 2001 attempt to bolt the party. I don;t recall Romney threatening to bolt the party just 6 years before his Presidential run or joining the Democratic ticket in the previos election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies