Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:42:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman  (Read 5346 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2008, 03:32:26 AM »

You repeatedly assume your form of populism is widespread and a vital component of American politics, despite your accurate claim now that you're unique.  I realize that if a candidate ran with my views, he'd lose awfully, and you should do the same.

/continues to not answer your question
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2008, 04:21:57 AM »

I've come to the conclusion that our friend from Georgia doesn't understand all that much about economics....and I would advise him to learn more before he starts debates with competent forum members and resorts to personal insults.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2008, 05:32:34 AM »

Alright, but why am I am a Maoist? I thought I was a unique form of Populism.

If you are indeed considered a Maoist, you are not like any I have met before. Or I am confusing my extremely left-wing teachers with that of Trotskyist beliefs? Nonetheless, I don't consider yourself to be a Maoist Mr. Dole, but rather a particular type of person that is delusional as to where he belongs politically.

Anywho, as much as it seems on the surface that Romney is not planning for another run at the White House in 2012, such moves undertaken by potential presidential candidates are often bound to lead in that direction. Thus, I really wouldn't be surprised at all when Romney decides to run for the White House in 2012, if both Coleman and Chambliss endorse his candidacy. Though that might be going too far. 
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2008, 11:14:53 AM »

Anywho, as much as it seems on the surface that Romney is not planning for another run at the White House in 2012, such moves undertaken by potential presidential candidates are often bound to lead in that direction. Thus, I really wouldn't be surprised at all when Romney decides to run for the White House in 2012, if both Coleman and Chambliss endorse his candidacy. Though that might be going too far. 

I think it was obvious Romney would run again after his drop-out speech at the CPAC conference.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2008, 12:01:23 PM »

I think it's obvious that Huckabee will run again too. He certainly hasn't kept a low profile since dropping out.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2008, 12:56:59 PM »

I think it's obvious that Huckabee will run again too. He certainly hasn't kept a low profile since dropping out.
perhaps huckabee could be for the gop what dean was to the dems?
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: 9.48

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »

Alright, but why am I am a Maoist? I thought I was a unique form of Populism.

If you are indeed considered a Maoist, you are not like any I have met before. Or I am confusing my extremely left-wing teachers with that of Trotskyist beliefs? Nonetheless, I don't consider yourself to be a Maoist Mr. Dole, but rather a particular type of person that is delusional as to where he belongs politically.

Yeah, I consider myself more of a Huey-Long-ite (minus the extreme racism).
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2008, 06:18:13 PM »

Long didn't use race to any significant extent, IIRC.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2008, 07:18:10 PM »

The Maoist comment was really just a not-so-subtle way to call you a communist.

And yes, I'd say you are more of a "Share Our Wealth" guy than anything else.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2008, 07:19:03 PM »

bob dole is a william jennings bryan style populist with a dash of labor/dixiecrat new dealer combined with religious rightism and paleoconservatism
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »

lol such of stupid thread, Republicans have such stupid ideas for why they lost the election.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: 9.48

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2008, 08:06:18 PM »

The Maoist comment was really just a not-so-subtle way to call you a communist.

And yes, I'd say you are more of a "Share Our Wealth" guy than anything else.

1. I am a commie? Lol

2. Yeah, I am basically Obama without all the Liberalism, I would've probably done better in The South if I were nominee.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2008, 04:37:59 PM »

"Worker's Friend" certainly sounds communistic. Our friend hear must have gone through a time warp and missed how big gov't failed in the 70's. Even in the the 1930's the New Deal failed to end the Depression and FDR likely would have lost had ww2 not started in Europe. the New Deal like all big Gov't agendas sought to stagnate the economy so social engineering could be achieved. Even after the war ended the economy looked very much like the 70's. Economies don't recover in anti-Business enviroments like the New Deal. The Economy only picked up cause passage of Taft-Hartley in 1947. Prior to that all the workers went on strike demanding wage increases to keep up with inflation. What they were too stupid to realize was they caused the inflation by buying too much of stuff that was in short suppy after the war and the constant wage hikes given to avoid strikes. UAW is partly responsible for the big three's conditions today because they demanded wages and beneifts that 3 could not afford.

Plus this anti-free trade sentiment is very stupid. As a former protectionist myself I know how the mind of a Protectionist works. You can't protect companies from the world market. Its impossible. All you can do is promote free trade so more countries will open up to your goods. You also have to eliminate the things that make them uncompetative like the 2 highest corporate rate in the world.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies