Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:21:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman  (Read 5345 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2008, 10:07:19 PM »

Don't know if this is necessarily a sign on Romney's future intentions, but it definitely does not appear as though he's preparing to exit from the political stage any time soon:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/18/romney-spreads-the-wealth-in-georgia/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Huckabee is also stumping for Chambliss, and continuing to promote the fair tax:

http://www.ajc.com/gwinnett/content/metro/stories/2008/11/16/chambliss_fair_tax_huckabee.html

paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »

He also had an Op-Ed in the New York Times yesterday, opposing any bailout for the auto companies.  He then appeared on Cavuto and Hannity & Colmes I think. 

And I guess it's pretty clear that, if Huckabee runs, his campaign will be based on the Fair Tax.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 11:05:32 PM »

I find it hilarious when I see them on TV, saying they have no idea if they're going to run in four years.

This race is already beginning.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 12:09:16 AM »

Good.  As long as Romney stays active and counters the pitiful Huckabee wing of the Party, we still have hope.

I'd side with Mitt on this one.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 12:15:39 AM »

Good.  As long as Romney stays active and counters the pitiful Huckabee wing of the Party, we still have hope.

Wouldn't you say Chambliss is a part of that Huckabee wing of the party?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 12:21:37 AM »

Yes, I would.  And I don't particularly care if he is reelected.  But as long as Romney remains just as relevant in places like Georgia as Huckabee, it's a good sign.  If Huckabee can solidify his support anywhere, we're headed down a slippery slope towards a horrible, horrible place.

I agree with you. Huckabee is the scariest person in our party right now. We're done if his wing were to somehow gain control.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 12:26:33 AM »

Yes, I would.  And I don't particularly care if he is reelected.  But as long as Romney remains just as relevant in places like Georgia as Huckabee, it's a good sign.  If Huckabee can solidify his support anywhere, we're headed down a slippery slope towards a horrible, horrible place.

I agree with you. Huckabee is the scariest person in our party right now. We're done if his wing were to somehow gain control.

I think I'd be more comfortable with Huckabee than Palin.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 12:42:20 AM »

Oops....yeah I am hoping she fades into irrelevance by then. Huckabee, with a TV show and a book out, probably will not.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 01:09:59 AM »

Horrifyingly enough, I think I'd have to go with Palin.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: 9.48

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 01:12:25 AM »

You Libertarian devils make me laugh. Your "Free Market" and "Fiscal Responsibility" Bullsh**t is the reason why us Republicans lost this year, as well as the economic recession.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 01:19:06 AM »

You Libertarian devils make me laugh. Your "Free Market" and "Fiscal Responsibility" Bullsh**t is the reason why us Republicans lost this year, as well as the economic recession.

The reason we lost is because we didn't adhere to those principles. No need to argue this over and over again.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 01:19:52 AM »

Bush was anything but fiscally responsible.  Spending got out of control and the budget was out of balance during his presidency.  Since there hasn't been any fiscal responsibility, how can you blame it for the recession?
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 01:20:28 AM »

The reason we lost is because we didn't adhere to those principles. No need to argue this over and over again.

Whatever you're smoking sonny, it sure is strong. If the lack of Libertarianism is why we lost, then the corporate dickheads' evil mind control IS strong.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 01:23:08 AM »

Whatever you're smoking sonny, it sure is strong. If the lack of Libertarianism is why we lost, then the corporate dickheads' evil mind control IS strong.

What the GOP has been doing since 2003 is hardly "libertarian." You need to get your definitions straight here. We have expanded the government more than anyone since LBJ. We are now in the process of having the government bailout all our struggling industries. How is that "libertarian" to you? Bush and his men are the ones doing this. He's not a fiscal conservative.

If we had opposed Bush's big spending economic plan, we may have done better in this election. We need to get away from this "Me-too" Republicanism.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 01:25:16 AM »

What the GOP has been doing since 2003 is hardly "libertarian." You need to get your definitions straight here. We have expanded the government more than anyone since LBJ. We are now in the process of having the government bailout all our struggling industries. How is that "libertarian" to you? Bush and his men are the ones doing this. He's not a fiscal conservative.

If we had opposed Bush's big spending economic plan, we may have done better in this election. We need to get away from this "Me-too" Republicanism.

If he increased the government, it must be some weird sector that helps the rich along with the Libertarian Markets. We need the government to help the poor and working classes, not the corporate dickheads like Libertarians and Bush have done. Your Libertarianism would be just like Bush, helping the strong and hurting the weak sonny.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 01:32:11 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2008, 01:33:59 AM by Ronnie »

Quote from: Restricted

Cutting taxes isn't the entire agenda for fiscal responsibility.  I just want to ask you a question: who creates the jobs in America?  Do they happen to include these "evil corporations"? 

Raising taxes doesn't do much else than give away money to government agendas that spend YOUR money.  Isn't it better for you to choose how to spend your own money rather than the government forcefully taking it away from you?

I agree that there has to be limits, but they have to be minimal.  Your notion that there has been fiscal responsibility in the past 8 years is false.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 01:34:43 AM »

Cutting taxes isn't the entire agenda for fiscal responsibility.  I just want to ask you a question: who creates the jobs in America?  Do they happen to include these "evil corporations"? 

Raising taxes doesn't do much else than give away money to government agendas that spend YOUR money.  Isn't it better for you to choose how to spend your own money rather than the government forcefully taking it away from you?

I agree that there have to be limits, but they have to be minimal.  Your notion that there has been fiscal responsibility in the past 8 years is false.

Then tell Bush and McConnell to drop the claim if they actually haven't. We need to stop being so lax and regulate the economy, stop outsourcing, stop bailing out these corporates, and help the middle and poor class.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 01:35:49 AM »

why?
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 01:37:31 AM »

Because, we are in a recession caused by the lack of government support, and if we don't act quick, we'll probably have another depression.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 01:39:39 AM »

we're in a recession caused by massive unfunded entitlements, massive debt from wars doing _more_ government activity will not help

the choice is a few years of pain or we lose 1 to 3 decades worth of growth to a japanese style lost decade or replay of the 1970s

i prefer option one
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 01:40:11 AM »

I agree that there have to be limits, but they have to be minimal.  Your notion that there has been fiscal responsibility in the past 8 years is false.

Then tell Bush and McConnell to drop the claim if they actually haven't. We need to stop being so lax and regulate the economy, stop outsourcing, stop bailing out these corporates, and help the middle and poor class.

I absolutely agree with you that the bailout of these corporations is a foolhardy notion.  

One question, though: How would you define someone as "poor or middle class"?  I've never gotten an answer from anyone on this.  Also, in your case, what do you mean by help?  Giving them more welfare?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 01:44:57 AM »

Mr. Dole needs to be a Democrat. Even Huckabee will disappoint him if he were to ever, heaven forbid, become President.

These "evil" corporations create jobs just as much as the small businesses. If you don't want to bail them out, Mr. Dole, then you aren't a populist. You can't have it both ways.

Too much regulation helped cause this because of people like Clinton and Carter forced banks to make unsafe loans in order to get poor people into homes. They are poor for a reason and don't need to live in $400,000 homes.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 01:48:39 AM »

Mr. Dole needs to be a Democrat. Even Huckabee will disappoint him if he were to ever, heaven forbid, become President.

These "evil" corporations create jobs just as much as the small businesses. If you don't want to bail them out, Mr. Dole, then you aren't a populist. You can't have it both ways.

Too much regulation helped cause this because of people like Clinton and Carter forced banks to make unsafe loans in order to get poor people into homes. They are poor for a reason and don't need to live in $400,000 homes.

1. Why should I be Democrat, and why would Huckabee dissapoint me?

2. How is that both ways? I think that kissing rich people's asses is what you Libertarians do, and I want no part of that.

3. You are a sick man, not every poor person is poor because they are lazy.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 01:54:11 AM »

Because, we are in a recession caused by the lack of government support, and if we don't act quick, we'll probably have another depression.

I don't mean to gang up on you, but you just criticized government bailouts and "lack of government support" within five minutes.  How do you comport the two?  

Also, I'm curious as to why your display name is "Huckabee/Thune '12" when the prospective Obama/Biden economic policy should be music to your ears.  
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 01:55:56 AM »

I don't mean to gang up on you, but you just criticized government bailouts and "lack of government support" within five minutes.  How do you comport the two? 

Also, I'm curious as to why your display name is "Huckabee/Thune '12" when the prospective Obama/Biden economic policy should be music to your ears. 

1. Because, when I was hoping the government would care for us, they end up bailing out the evil rich, and I was enraged. Why not help the workers?

2. Because, I think Obama and Biden are really full of hot air, and I am not sure if I can really trust them.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies