Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:44:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman  (Read 5434 times)
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« on: November 20, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »

He also had an Op-Ed in the New York Times yesterday, opposing any bailout for the auto companies.  He then appeared on Cavuto and Hannity & Colmes I think. 

And I guess it's pretty clear that, if Huckabee runs, his campaign will be based on the Fair Tax.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 12:15:39 AM »

Good.  As long as Romney stays active and counters the pitiful Huckabee wing of the Party, we still have hope.

Wouldn't you say Chambliss is a part of that Huckabee wing of the party?
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 12:26:33 AM »

Good.  As long as Romney stays active and counters the pitiful Huckabee wing of the Party, we still have hope.
Wouldn't you say Chambliss is a part of that Huckabee wing of the party?

Yes, I would.  And I don't particularly care if he is reelected.  But as long as Romney remains just as relevant in places like Georgia as Huckabee, it's a good sign.  If Huckabee can solidify his support anywhere, we're headed down a slippery slope towards a horrible, horrible place.

I agree with you. Huckabee is the scariest person in our party right now. We're done if his wing were to somehow gain control.

I think I'd be more comfortable with Huckabee than Palin.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 01:54:11 AM »

Then tell Bush and McConnell to drop the claim if they actually haven't. We need to stop being so lax and regulate the economy, stop outsourcing, stop bailing out these corporates, and help the middle and poor class.

Because, we are in a recession caused by the lack of government support, and if we don't act quick, we'll probably have another depression.

I don't mean to gang up on you, but you just criticized government bailouts and "lack of government support" within five minutes.  How do you comport the two?  

Also, I'm curious as to why your display name is "Huckabee/Thune '12" when the prospective Obama/Biden economic policy should be music to your ears.  
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 02:05:33 AM »

1. Because, when I was hoping the government would care for us, they end up bailing out the evil rich, and I was enraged. Why not help the workers?

Do you not consider employees of financial institutions to be "workers"?  If by "workers" you mean "blue-collar workers," do you realize how much those workers depend on the solvency of the"evil" financial institutions?  
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 02:11:15 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2008, 02:23:25 AM by paul718 »

Obviously Obama isn't particularly economically liberal, but he is much much better than anyone who will get the Republican nomination for President any time soon. The party that nominated Mr. "No American wants to pick lettuce for $50 an hour" and "The fundamentals of the economy are strong" isn't going to suddenly stop hating the non wealthy.

Are we still doing the McCain vs. Obama thing? 

Was McCain right on the economy?  No.  Is Obama right on the economy?  No.  And if your idea of "hate" is refusing to give free money to people, then I certainly hope the GOP keeps hating.

If these corporations are so damn good, then why did they put us in an economic recession, Hm Sonny?

Because the federal government compelled them to lend money to undeserving people, with a promise to back that debt should the borrowers fail.  That "toxic" debt was then securitized and traded on the open market, spreading throughout the global financial system like the influenza epidemic.  The source of credit crisis, in my opinion, is that the free markets you so deride weren't actually "free."  The government stuck its hand where it didn't belong, in the name of societal engineering, and the economy bit back.   
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 11:14:53 AM »

Anywho, as much as it seems on the surface that Romney is not planning for another run at the White House in 2012, such moves undertaken by potential presidential candidates are often bound to lead in that direction. Thus, I really wouldn't be surprised at all when Romney decides to run for the White House in 2012, if both Coleman and Chambliss endorse his candidacy. Though that might be going too far. 

I think it was obvious Romney would run again after his drop-out speech at the CPAC conference.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies