Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:31:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney donating $ to Chambliss and Coleman  (Read 5397 times)
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« on: November 20, 2008, 11:05:32 PM »

I find it hilarious when I see them on TV, saying they have no idea if they're going to run in four years.

This race is already beginning.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 01:09:59 AM »

Good.  As long as Romney stays active and counters the pitiful Huckabee wing of the Party, we still have hope.
Wouldn't you say Chambliss is a part of that Huckabee wing of the party?

Yes, I would.  And I don't particularly care if he is reelected.  But as long as Romney remains just as relevant in places like Georgia as Huckabee, it's a good sign.  If Huckabee can solidify his support anywhere, we're headed down a slippery slope towards a horrible, horrible place.

I agree with you. Huckabee is the scariest person in our party right now. We're done if his wing were to somehow gain control.

I think I'd be more comfortable with Huckabee than Palin.

Horrifyingly enough, I think I'd have to go with Palin.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 03:07:15 AM »

Mr. Dole needs to be a Democrat. Even Huckabee will disappoint him if he were to ever, heaven forbid, become President.

These "evil" corporations create jobs just as much as the small businesses. If you don't want to bail them out, Mr. Dole, then you aren't a populist. You can't have it both ways.

Too much regulation helped cause this because of people like Clinton and Carter forced banks to make unsafe loans in order to get poor people into homes. They are poor for a reason and don't need to live in $400,000 homes.

1. Why should I be Democrat, and why would Huckabee dissapoint me?

2. How is that both ways? I think that kissing rich people's asses is what you Libertarians do, and I want no part of that.

3. You are a sick man, not every poor person is poor because they are lazy.

1. Because what you are looking for is going to come from the Democratic Party, not the Republican Party. If we were to do what you want, we'd essentially be Democrats with conservative social views. Those types already exist in the Democratic Party. And Huckabee is for eliminating the income tax all together, so they'd pay no taxes essentially. He's more radical on that end that I am.

2. You want to create jobs and yet attack those "evil" corporations who create them?  It isn't libertarian at all to bailout companies. In that regard, you are the libertarian, not the Republicans.

3. I didn't say that. I said not all poor people need to have a $400,000 house. We can't give everyone a lifestyle like that.

Well, what do you know? You're for small/no government, how do you even know about anything you want to completely delete?

The guy who cured Smallpox probably knew a little bit about Smallpox.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 03:10:27 AM »

Mr. Dole needs to be a Democrat. Even Huckabee will disappoint him if he were to ever, heaven forbid, become President.

These "evil" corporations create jobs just as much as the small businesses. If you don't want to bail them out, Mr. Dole, then you aren't a populist. You can't have it both ways.

Too much regulation helped cause this because of people like Clinton and Carter forced banks to make unsafe loans in order to get poor people into homes. They are poor for a reason and don't need to live in $400,000 homes.

2. How is that both ways? I think that kissing rich people's asses is what you Libertarians do, and I want no part of that.

1. Because what you are looking for is going to come from the Democratic Party, not the Republican Party. If we were to do what you want, we'd essentially be Democrats with conservative social views. Those types already exist in the Democratic Party. And Huckabee is for eliminating the income tax all together, so they'd pay no taxes essentially. He's more radical on that end that I am.

2. You want to create jobs and yet attack those "evil" corporations who create them?  It isn't libertarian at all to bailout companies. In that regard, you are the libertarian, not the Republicans.

3. I didn't say that. I said not all poor people need to have a $400,000 house. We can't give everyone a lifestyle like that.

Well, what do you know? You're for small/no government, how do you even know about anything you want to completely delete?

Curing a disease is different from managing the government.

He calls for the eradication of government (in many ways, a disease) because he has seen, in specific ways, how horrible it can be for the economy.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 03:12:37 AM »

Curing a disease is different from managing the government.

He calls for the eradication of government (in many ways, a disease) because he has seen, in specific ways, how horrible it can be for the economy.

If the government is horrible for the economy, why did Obama win the election then?

Because, to paraphrase Ronald Reagan, liberals know so much that just isn't so.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 03:20:42 AM »

Uh, you're hero Mike Huckabee wants to get rid of the income tax. Where have I said I want to delete the entire government? Seriously, your arguments need to make sense, not just be compiled of blind accusations.

If he wants to rid the income tax, why has he called for The FairTax (which is another system in income tax)

The FairTax is a form of regressive taxation, one of the least "populist" ideas ever conceived.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 03:24:55 AM »

Uh, you're hero Mike Huckabee wants to get rid of the income tax. Where have I said I want to delete the entire government? Seriously, your arguments need to make sense, not just be compiled of blind accusations.

If he wants to rid the income tax, why has he called for The FairTax (which is another system in income tax)

The FairTax is a form of regressive taxation, one of the least "populist" ideas ever conceived.

Wait, then why does everyone call Huckabee a Populist if he isn't? Man, EVERYONE in politics must be stupid now.

Because he's relatively economically liberal for a Republican, but he's still center-right.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 03:30:11 AM »

Wait, then why does everyone call Huckabee a Populist if he isn't? Man, EVERYONE in politics must be stupid now.

Because he's relatively economically liberal for a Republican, but he's still center-right.

I see, eh ... too bad The Social Liberals have taken over the DNC, I have to decide where to go.

You seem more of a Maoist than a Marxist, and I don't think they have a party right now... you should start one.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 07:18:10 PM »

The Maoist comment was really just a not-so-subtle way to call you a communist.

And yes, I'd say you are more of a "Share Our Wealth" guy than anything else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies