Some thoughts on the 2004 Democratic Campaign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:49:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Some thoughts on the 2004 Democratic Campaign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some thoughts on the 2004 Democratic Campaign  (Read 982 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« on: September 21, 2004, 09:09:18 PM »
« edited: September 22, 2004, 07:55:20 AM by CARLHAYDEN »

I really think it would be nice if Kerry would contrast his preferences on the issues with Bush's.

Perhaps he can promote his opposition to the proposal to ban Partial Birth Abortion.

Maybe he can trumphet his opposition to capital punishment?

He really should stop playing games and do a Mondale and admit he supports higher taxes (well, at least Mondale was honorable about this)

He should be honest about his position on Gay Marriage (his current public position differs from the one he took a couple of years ago).

He should also tell us how a Kerry department of education would promote bilingual education over immersion.

He should tell the voters that he supports racial preferences for education, employment, etc.

Yes, it would be a very interesting campaign if Kerry would contrast his stand with those of Bush on these issues.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 07:32:52 AM »

I really think it would be nice if Kerry would contrast his preferences on the issues with Bush's.

Perhaps he can promote his opposition to the proposal to ban Partial Birth Abortion.

Maybe he can trumphet his opposition to capital punishment?

He really should stop playing games and do a Mondale and admit he supports higher taxes (well, at least Mondale was honorable about this)

He should be honest about his position on Gay Marriage (his current public position differs from the one he took a couple of years ago).

He should also tell us how a Kerry department of education would promote bilingual educatikon over immersion.

He should tell the voters that he supports racial preferencesfor education, employment, etc.

Yes, it would be a very interesting campaign if Kerry would contrast his stand with those of Bush on these issues.

Bush is free to bring up any or all of these topics if he so chooses. So far, he hasn't. I don't see why Kerry has anymore responsibility to talk about these things than Bush.

And on taxes, he does not take Mondale's position. It's not playing games to support a tax increase for the top 2% and cuts for the other 98%.

Bush should just stop "playing games" and admit that he doesn't give a damn about budget deficits. Just do the little smirk and say "Hey, I'll be long gone out of office by the time it really matters anyway; let someone else deal with it."

Nym,

My post which you quoted was in response to the original post on this thread by Gabu asking why Kerry doesn't promote his views on the issues.

I really think it would be a good thing if Kerry would promote his views on the isssues I listed.

However, I think I know why he is NOT promoting those views.  I think you know why too.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies