How long will Dems' new structural advantage last?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:52:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  How long will Dems' new structural advantage last?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: How long will Dems' new structural advantage last?  (Read 8086 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2012, 12:14:58 AM »

Shame on you for bumping this thread! Reading all these posts saying that Republicans had 0% chance to take back the House brought me back to the awful memories of 2010, while I should be rejoicing for 2012. Sad
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2012, 12:23:05 AM »

Shame on you for bumping this thread! Reading all these posts saying that Republicans had 0% chance to take back the House brought me back to the awful memories of 2010, while I should be rejoicing for 2012. Sad

It serves a useful purpose in not getting over-confident and writing the obituaries for the GOP because of one successful election cycle -like we all were four years ago. I like to read this thread from time to time just to remind myself. 
ShamDam
ChanDan

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2012, 12:30:22 AM »

Until 2010. They already have almost 60 seats in the senate, and there is not much that they can gain in any area. Besides, usually the party of the president has some losses in congressional races two years into his first term. Quite possibly the Republicans will regain everything by 2012 if Obama ends up another Carter; even if he is a popular president, there is not much that the Democrats can gain.

So...how many Democratic vulnerable seats are open in 2010 compared to vulnerable Republican seats?

Take a count and come back to me.

About 63
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2012, 02:09:47 AM »

It serves a useful purpose in not getting over-confident and writing the obituaries for the GOP because of one successful election cycle -like we all were four years ago. I like to read this thread from time to time just to remind myself. 

I'm already expecting Democrats to get slaughtered in the 2014 elections, between our voters being lower turnout and a very disadvantageous Senate map. Keeping expectations low helps!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies