What if the US switched the single 6-year term system? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:56:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  What if the US switched the single 6-year term system? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What if the US switched the single 6-year term system?  (Read 3701 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 27, 2008, 12:36:00 PM »

So if Kerry in 2004, Dem or Rep in 2010?  Who?  I say Kerry ends the war, but the economy still tanks and he gets the blame.  2010 - Jindal is Obama and Hillary is McCain.

Anyway, I like this idea with giving the President the option of an extension, but longer.  I'd say four, equalling a possible 10 year stint.

How can you be sure that there is a war?  Maybe the change in Presidents over the 6 yr single term system for approx. 220 years would've completely changed the history of the world and policies of the United States.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 10:46:59 PM »

Just look at recent history.  Imagine how different our country would be if we eliminated President Ford (no Watergate scandal because there is no 1972 re-election campaign and Nixon serves a full term), added 2 more years of Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush and took two years off the terms of Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush.

The changes in policy and events over those years would've completely changed America as we know it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies