Will Hillary Clinton run in 2012 while being Secretary of State? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:43:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Will Hillary Clinton run in 2012 while being Secretary of State? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Hillary Clinton run in 2012 while being Secretary of State?  (Read 8287 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 25, 2008, 04:01:49 AM »

It's clear Hillary isn't finished wanting the Presidency...hell I still have doubts as to whether McCain is contemplating a possible run in 2012.

Politics is crazy. In 1991, if you have said that the next three Presidents would be an unknown Governor from the South who would defeat the massively popular Bush/Quayle administration, then the Texas Rangers' owner and son of Bush, then a 30 year old African American lawyer in Chicago....people would have told you to shutup and listen to some Pearl Jam.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 04:29:40 AM »

Only the most hardened anti-Hillary loon.... or pro-Hillary loon for that matter would actually think that Hillary would try to challenge Obama in 2012.

Oh... and Pearl Jam wasnt big in 1991 - as someone with conscious memories of that time - suggest London Beat, Fine Young Cannibals or Michael Jackson.

Yeah, Pearl Jam was more '92.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 05:22:56 AM »

It would never happen, even if Obama was in a similar situation to President Jimmy Carter come the 1980 Democratic Primaries. Secretary of State Clinton (ugh, I cannot believe I just said that) would be seen as committing political suicide if she were to challenge President Obama in the primaries and such a move would be damaging to her "team player" image as seen during the Obama Administration (that's right folks, I can see into the future).

Oh... and Pearl Jam wasnt big in 1991 - as someone with conscious memories of that time - suggest London Beat, Fine Young Cannibals or Michael Jackson.

Fine Young Cannibals were still big in 1991? I thought they died along with the 1980's.

I have a photographic memory, and I can remember my life starting in 1990 and I have an excellent memory from 1991 on. I can remember a few songs that were CONSTANTLY on the radio in 1991, as well. Mostly because my then-23 year old mother often had me with her going shopping and stuff.

Songs played tons in 1990/1991 off the top of my head from memory then...

"I Wanna Be Rich" - Calloway
"Rush, Rush" - Paula Abdul
"King of Wishful Thinking" - Go West
"Opposites Attract" - Paula Abdul
"I'm Your Baby Tonight" - Whitney Houston
"Cold Hearted" - Paula Abdul
"Baby Baby" - Amy Grant
"Emotions" - Mariah Carey

and the one that I remember even making fun of my mom for singing back in '91, "Everything I Do, I Do it for You" by Bryan Adams. But tons of 80s artists and songs were still very much played until the mid-1990s on most "current music" radio stations.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies