Probable terror attacks in Mumbai
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:49:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Probable terror attacks in Mumbai
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Probable terror attacks in Mumbai  (Read 9069 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 07:58:15 PM »

No surprise that the Religion of Peace strikes again.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 08:00:27 PM »

When are India's next elections?

This could spell the end of the Congress Party temporarily.

Apparently they are starting today!!! Yes the congress party is in huge trouble. They were already under pressure from their left wing for high food prices and now they are about to be hammered by this. I suspect third parties will do even better this election.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2008, 08:21:06 PM »

When are India's next elections?

This could spell the end of the Congress Party temporarily.

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2008, 09:00:38 PM »

This terrorism is the handy work of Pakistan.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Source:http://thestatesman.org/page.news.php?clid=1&theme=&usrsess=1&id=233098

Seriously enough is enough. The world should come together to take Pakistan down. Why waste life, resources and money on Afganistan and Iraq, when Pakistan is the mother of terrorism. Pakistan an “ally” in fighting against terrorism, huh, that is their pretext. They get the money for fighting against terrorism, and use the money to create terrorism, against India, against Israel, and against USA and UK. Why - because of religion. The world needs to understand Pakistan is a wolf in sheep skin. We all are very sorry for those whose families whose near and dear ones has been killed, whether they are Indians or foreign tourists, after all each life is valuable and precious. But many more greifs are going to come if we dont solve the problem. And Pakistan is the problem. Wake up world. And act. Flying white pegions and lectures of peace is not going to solve the problem. Taking down the terrorists and the country that creates terrorists will.

I do think the ISI( Pakitan "intelligence" service) has a hand in this. This attack is way too organized. In addition they found a couple guys from Lashkar-E-Taeyba which is not surprising considering the tactics the terrorists employed is similar to ones used by terrorists in Kashmir. Now did Zardari know about this is the better question. Pakistan needs to handle its sh**t though. Way too many terrorists are attacking Afghanistan and India, and their base is Pakistan. If they can't deal with it, somebody needs to.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2008, 09:01:05 PM »

No surprise that the Religion of Peace strikes again.
shut the fukc up.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2008, 09:03:34 PM »

Hey, I'm just quoting what they've said. Get over it, child.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2008, 09:07:48 PM »

Yeah but it makes you sound like an idiot, that is attacking all of Islam because of these nutjobs. It doesn't bother me that much but it does make you seem very bigoted.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2008, 09:10:15 PM »

Yeah but it makes you sound like an idiot, that is attacking all of Islam because of these nutjobs. It doesn't bother me that much but it does make you seem very bigoted.

Until the supposed moderates show up to change the face of Islam I will hold nothing but strong criticism for Islam and Islamic governments. Sorry.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2008, 09:12:41 PM »

Until the supposed moderates show up to change the face of Islam I will hold nothing but strong criticism for Islam and Islamic governments. Sorry.
Okay, but I don't see why you have to troll against Islam in this thread. It is a fukcing terrorist attack, how many muslims do you think condone this disgusting stuff?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2008, 10:41:22 PM »

It depends on who you ask, how you ask them and where you ask them...but my Google Fu tells me that it's somewhere between 9 and 60% of Muslims condone terrorist attacks.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2008, 10:44:22 PM »

It depends on who you ask, how you ask them and where you ask them...but my Google Fu tells me that it's somewhere between 9 and 60% of Muslims condone terrorist attacks.

Wow what a range. It is quite obvious the number will be somewhere in between those.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2008, 10:44:47 PM »

RIP thread
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2008, 12:17:43 AM »

This terrorism is the handy work of Pakistan.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Source:http://thestatesman.org/page.news.php?clid=1&theme=&usrsess=1&id=233098

Seriously enough is enough. The world should come together to take Pakistan down. Why waste life, resources and money on Afganistan and Iraq, when Pakistan is the mother of terrorism. Pakistan an “ally” in fighting against terrorism, huh, that is their pretext. They get the money for fighting against terrorism, and use the money to create terrorism, against India, against Israel, and against USA and UK. Why - because of religion. The world needs to understand Pakistan is a wolf in sheep skin. We all are very sorry for those whose families whose near and dear ones has been killed, whether they are Indians or foreign tourists, after all each life is valuable and precious. But many more greifs are going to come if we dont solve the problem. And Pakistan is the problem. Wake up world. And act. Flying white pegions and lectures of peace is not going to solve the problem. Taking down the terrorists and the country that creates terrorists will.

All this article says is that the man was a Pakistan national. Why would the Pakistani government condone this? Anyway starting a war between 2 nuclear powers is not a good idea.

Do you really think that a solo Pakistani individual with his own resources was able to pull this off without sponsorship from the Govt. Wow. And sooner or later, mark my words and this date, there will be war between these two countries. And if it does turn Neuclear, we know which country has far more superior capacity then the other ( India in case you don't know ).

Ah yes, we have the we have more nukes than you. Our 50 million for your 100 million. "Acceptable losses" rationale. Be careful about starting WW3. You could be talking about 1,000x all deaths in terrorist attacks combined. An entire region transformed into toxic wasteland. Indians wouldn't like that.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2008, 08:09:40 AM »

Do you really think that a solo Pakistani individual with his own resources was able to pull this off without sponsorship from the Govt. Wow. And sooner or later, mark my words and this date, there will be war between these two countries. And if it does turn Neuclear, we know which country has far more superior capacity then the other ( India in case you don't know ).

Do you really think a handful of Saudi individuals with their own resources were able to pull off the attacks on the US without sponsorship from their Gov't.  Wow.  And sooner or later, mark my words and this date, there will be war between those two countries.  And if it does turn "Nuclear," we know which country has far more superior capacity than the other (US in case you don't know).

Sorry, the basis of your argument is beyond flawed.
Mr.Jones
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2008, 08:14:53 AM »

My friend, how-so-ever we may try to writh away, one day some countries have to unite to take the islamic militancy down. And right now, a good place to start from is indeed Pakistan. They are indeed the one who recruit, train and deploy terrorists. Ever wondered how these young early 20 kids become so masterful terrorists knowing how to handel an AK47, and how to handle grenades. Give an ordinary man a grenade, and he will most probably kill himself with it trying to operate it.

The simple fact that these individuals are :
1. Masters in handling weapons like AK47 and grenades
2. Willing to die for their cause
3. Organised and planned in their atack
4. have enough ammo ( which doesnt come cheap if you are talking about AK47 in Indian region)

suggest that they are well trained and well motivated with sufficient sponsorship.

No internal domestic terrorist organisation in India has that much fund and sophistication. This is a handywork of Pakistan. And if civilized countries dont unite to face this challenge from islamic terrorism sponsored by Pakistan in the fear of a WW3, then these countries will be the one ill prepared when thousands of Bin Laden now getting trained are deployed the world over.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2008, 09:17:56 AM »

My friend, how-so-ever we may try to writh away, one day some countries have to unite to take the islamic militancy down. And right now, a good place to start from is indeed Pakistan. They are indeed the one who recruit, train and deploy terrorists. Ever wondered how these young early 20 kids become so masterful terrorists knowing how to handel an AK47, and how to handle grenades. Give an ordinary man a grenade, and he will most probably kill himself with it trying to operate it.

The simple fact that these individuals are :
1. Masters in handling weapons like AK47 and grenades
2. Willing to die for their cause
3. Organised and planned in their atack
4. have enough ammo ( which doesnt come cheap if you are talking about AK47 in Indian region)

suggest that they are well trained and well motivated with sufficient sponsorship.

No internal domestic terrorist organisation in India has that much fund and sophistication. This is a handywork of Pakistan. And if civilized countries dont unite to face this challenge from islamic terrorism sponsored by Pakistan in the fear of a WW3, then these countries will be the one ill prepared when thousands of Bin Laden now getting trained are deployed the world over.

Look it is without a doubt clear these terrorists came from Pakistan, but be careful about blaming the government of Pakistan. I agree Pakistan is indeed the epicenter of terror, but I think we should try and work with their government. Remember the president of the country just had his wife killed by these terrorists months ago.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2008, 10:03:55 AM »

No internal domestic terrorist organisation in India has that much fund and sophistication.

It doesn't take a lot of money to buy/steal weapons, and we have high schoolers here int he US plan and carry out sophisticated attacks on school grounds.  Again, you basis for an argument here is weak.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2008, 12:27:58 PM »

MODU is correct here. One has to remember that AK-47s are very cheap in relative terms- and very easy to use.
Mr.Jones
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2008, 03:35:23 PM »

MODU is wrong. AK47 and grenades are not easy to buy in the Indian subcontinent. Try to buy a AK47 if you are a commoner even if you have a decent amount of cash in your bank. Without the right connection or link, you may have to wait forever. Yes it is comparitively easy to buy black market revolvers in that country, but not AK47. And it is impossible to steal AK47 in India, cause only the Indian army uses them. I doubt that amateur wanna-be terrorists would have the balls to raid an Indian army post and raid the neccesary amount of weapons.

The only way you can find AK47 and grenades in that subcontinent is if you manage to find a link to a terrorists sponsoring organization who has access to AK47 and grenades, and the only two organizations who have that in Indian subcontinent are the Pakistani ISI and the LTTE in Srilanka. And I doubt Srilankan based LTTE has anything against western foreigners. Remember these terrorists in Mumbai were handpicking looking to pick westerners from US and UK besides shooting at Indians. This suggests that they are islamic fanatics, and LTTE as we know, has nothing to do with Islamism and Islamic fanatics. They have different cause for their existence alltogether. Which leaves Pakistani ISI as the only possible source and sponsor who can provide AK47 and grenades to someone.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2008, 04:15:40 PM »

No, you can get them from Afghanistan or areas of Pakistan pretty easily, I believe.
Mr.Jones
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2008, 06:23:02 PM »

No, you can get them from Afghanistan or areas of Pakistan pretty easily, I believe.

And who is in control of those areas my friend ? Definitely not domestic Indian terrorists isn't it ?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2008, 07:18:09 PM »

The ethnicity of these terrorists could be Indian or Pakistani( like there is a difference), but they certainly got help from Pakistani/Afghanistani based terror groups. Those lawless areas of Pakistan are quickly becoming the base from which the crazies can attack the world.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2008, 06:46:16 AM »

This is really weird to me.

This isn't the MO of a AlQaeda-esque groups we're used to.

They're really acting like the terrorists that were more prevalent during the 70s.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2008, 07:02:20 AM »

They're really acting like the terrorists that were more prevalent during the 70s.

This is Kashmiri tactics and some of the guys are in Lashkar-E-Taeyba( Kashmir terror group) so it makes sense. Al qaeda may or may not have helped them since their base of operations are just a few hundred miles away so it is possible. In any case their ideologies are basically the same... the targeting of westerners makes me wonder whether this is Al qaeda. Or this could just be an attempt at shutting down FDI and ing up India's economy.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2008, 07:03:16 AM »

Change of tactic, perhaps. Madrid was also different from the norm- remote detonation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies