Probable terror attacks in Mumbai
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:13:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Probable terror attacks in Mumbai
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Probable terror attacks in Mumbai  (Read 9072 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2008, 07:23:54 AM »

This is really weird to me.

This isn't the MO of a AlQaeda-esque groups we're used to.

They're really acting like the terrorists that were more prevalent during the 70s.

Change of tactic, perhaps. Madrid was also different from the norm- remote detonation.

That's because there's no single coherent organization named "al-Qaeda". There are hundred different al-Qaeda's in the world... some chose to adopt that name, others merely consider themselvers allied with or inspired by al-Qaeda.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2008, 07:34:56 AM »

Quite. I use "Al-Qaeda" in speech-marks because it's a disparate organisation and I need to refer to it on a collective level.

Al-Qaeda is a franchise, basically.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2008, 09:17:52 AM »

This is really weird to me.

This isn't the MO of a AlQaeda-esque groups we're used to.

They're really acting like the terrorists that were more prevalent during the 70s.

Change of tactic, perhaps. Madrid was also different from the norm- remote detonation.

That's because there's no single coherent organization named "al-Qaeda". There are hundred different al-Qaeda's in the world... some chose to adopt that name, others merely consider themselvers allied with or inspired by al-Qaeda.

Of course, but many of them do take on similar tactics - they tend to prefer swift attacks. This is really different.
Mr.Jones
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2008, 01:07:49 PM »

All these islamic terrorist groups, whether they use the name Al-Qaeda are not have now 2 things in common :
1. They want to take over the world and make it Islamic.
2. They are directly or indirectly getting either arms and ammunition or financial support or training or plans from the Pakistani ISI.

The siege is now supposedly over. So lets now get over it, forget it, talk about something else, and we can resume when some other country gets attacked. Theres no need to help India because there is no oil to loot( like Somalia ). There is no need to go against Pakistan cause it is an "ally" in fighting terrorism. Let us now make some intellectual posts, and forget rooting out the evil and its root cause. Afterall without terrorism, the world will perhaps be a much more dull place to live in.So begging with this sarcastic post of mine, let make a few more sarcastic posts, and some intellectual ones, and let Pakistan and Al-Qaeda do what want to do, and get over it. Oh and let us not forget to condemn the cowardly act of terrorism and express our most sincere condolences to all those whose family members have been killed.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2008, 01:49:11 PM »

I support rooting out the root cause of this evil. It's just I don't think it's Islam itself.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2008, 01:52:17 PM »

I support rooting out the root cause of this evil. It's just I don't think it's Islam itself.

For anything to actually change the moderates in the faith have to actually make their existence known and change their faith from within. They'll never listen to Christian or secular westerners.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2008, 02:20:10 AM »

Shivraj Patil (federal Home affairs Minister) has apparently resigned.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2008, 02:35:34 AM »

I fear for all Muslims in India. I say at least a few thousand die.

Good news for the BJP here.

Well, at the moment I fear for the hostages.

But yes, Hindu and Islamic nationalism kind of feed off each other in a symbiotic, tit-for-tat escalation in the country.

How can India, an essentially disorderly hodgepodge of daily chaos filled with throngs of people, and, what, the owner of the second-largest Muslim population on Earth, defend itself against terrorism?  I wonder.  and of course, being right next to a competing all-Islamic state makes Hindus in India keenly aware of their differences with Muslims and causes them to ostracize them

But yes this makes things worse for everybody.

The root of this lies with Jinnah, who more or less destroyed India for political gain (yes, I know this is a gross oversimplification). Though there's no indication a united India would be any better, it couldn't really have turned out much worse.

Hey, I'm just quoting what they've said. Get over it, child.
Yeah but it makes you sound like an idiot, that is attacking all of Islam because of these nutjobs. It doesn't bother me that much but it does make you seem very bigoted.

Until the supposed moderates show up to change the face of Islam I will hold nothing but strong criticism for Islam and Islamic governments. Sorry.

Sorry. We don't have a Pope who is infallible.
Mr.Jones
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2008, 06:57:43 AM »

By root cause of evil I dint meant Islam religion. Even though it is not very far from that perhaps. I actually meant Pakistani ISI. And Jinnah is not to be blamed 100%. He can be blamed 80 %. Rest 20 % of blame goes to Nehru and Gandhi. Both Nehru and Jinnah wanted to be PM. Then Jinnah used the muslim card when he found out that Gandhi thinks more of Nehry then him. And Gandhi who would start a fasting strike for every little pretext then decided to remain quite as thousands and thousands of people from both side got massacred as the country got divided. Ofcourse we can not change that past. What we can do is stop the Pakistani ISI to prevent the terrorist strikes world over. But who is going to bell the cat ?
Mr.Jones
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2008, 06:37:16 PM »

Source: http://thestatesman.org/page.news.php?clid=1&theme=&usrsess=1&id=233485
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2008, 06:56:47 PM »

Wow that is damn good planning.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2008, 09:06:37 PM »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Pak_TV_channel_says_2611_hatched_by_Hindu_Zionists/rssarticleshow/3785654.cms

Mumbai's 26/11 was actually a plan hatched by "Hindu Zionists" and "Western Zionists", including the Mossad, said a self-styled
Pakistan security expert on a Pakistan news television show, uploaded on www.hotklix.com.

" Inki shaklein Hinduonwali hain, jis zabaan mein guftagoo kar rahein hain, woh zabaan koi Pakistani istemaal nahin karta hai (They look like Hindus. No Pakistani speaks the language they chatted in)," said Zaid Hamid while referring to the terrorists on the show Mujhe Ikhtilaf Hai (I differ) on Pakistan's News One channel. The sensationalist channel was launched in November last year.

Hamid said that it was a "badly planned" operation that had gone horribly wrong. "9/11 jo Americans ne kiya tha usko bahut khoobsurat camouflage kiya tha. Unhone media mein perception management bahut acchha kiya . Indians ne wahi game repeat karne ki koshish ki, lekin akal to hai nahin . In ahmakon ne complete disaster kiya isko handle karne mein . (The Americans executed the 9/11 attack perfectly. They managed the media very well. The Indians tried to repeat the formula but goofed up. The idiots made a complete mess of it).

He said that the attackers wore saffron Hindu Zionist bands, which no Muslim would tie. Hamid also said that within the first 5 minutes of the attack, the three ATS policemen investigating the network of terror within India's security agencies and radical right were killed.

That ensured that those investigations reach a dead end. Anchor Qudsia Qadri added that with their killings, the investigations into the Samjhauta Express carnage would be halted. The killings also immediately shifted attention from India's domestic terrorists to Pakistan, said Hamid.

Marvi Memon, glamorous Pakistan Muslim League member, on the same programme, was appalled at the Pakistan government's expansion of the "India-appeasement package" by initially agreeing to send ISI chief to India. "I just don't get it," she exclaimed in exasperation.

She wondered how can you send the ISI chief to a " mulk jiske sath jang chal raha hai ...at a different level...," mentioning Kashmir and accusing India of blocking Pakistan's waters. Memon said, "They (Indians) are quite obsessed with anti-Pakistan speak and that unites them," she said. Memon also spoke about India's separatist movements and believed that India was only reaping the bitter harvest of the poisonous seeds it had sowed.

Blogger daily.pk writes in pakalert.wordpress.com, "India has been relapsing into religious extremism and numerous separatist movement have mushroomed due to official patronage ...I see the Mumbai bombings as the desperate move of separatists who want to blame everything on Muslims."

It's not only random voices railing against fingers pointing to Pakistan. Blogger and journalist Farrukh Khan Pitafi is miffed. "For years I have been advocating peace between India and Pakistan," he wrote. But he, too, says that India was out of its mind in naming Pakistan as the source of violence without identification of the perpetrators.

He wrote: "During such a long coverage of the mishap not a single outlet pointed out that Hemant Karkare... was the same man whose dismissal was Narendra Modi's biggest demand. Or that he was the man on the verge of uncovering the home-grown terror franchise of the Hindu extremists. No channel mentioned Colonel Purohit once during the live telecast, no not even CNN, BBC or CBS. It is sad."

HAHAHAHA Pakistan is getting pretty damn ridiculous. What the fukc is a "Hindu Zionist"? How the hell does that work out. Is it all the fault of India's miniscule Jewish population? ing idiots. Oh and I want to know how a "Hindu Zionist band" looks like. LOL
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2008, 09:08:40 PM »

Doesn't that belong in the 'Post a silly sentence' thread? Tongue
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2008, 09:18:01 PM »

Haha. LOL
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2008, 09:20:58 PM »

Doesn't that belong in the 'Post a silly sentence' thread? Tongue
Haha should have . My bad.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2008, 09:21:56 PM »

Oh and I want to know how a "Hindu Zionist band" looks like. LOL

Sitar Klezmer.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2008, 09:46:39 PM »

Oh and I want to know how a "Hindu Zionist band" looks like. LOL

Sitar Klezmer.

LOL!!!
Mr.Jones
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2008, 06:11:29 PM »

Ex-U.S. Official Cites Pakistani Training for India Attackers
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/04/world/asia/04india.html?_r=1&hp
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies