Federal Activity Citations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:15:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federal Activity Citations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Federal Activity Citations  (Read 3969 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2004, 04:21:09 PM »

StevenNicks absense from the senate has not had any major impact on the workings of the senate.
Kicking him out so soon would be the wrong thing to do.
the senate should be allowed to extend the deadline at least.

The election to replace StevenNick wouldn't happen until October 22, the weekend of the elections, so if he were to come back, I wouldn't have any problem with letting him serve until a replacement is voted in. He hasn't acted like a Senator, why should he be one?
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2004, 11:10:01 PM »

I have been on a trip to visit colleges.  I expected to have internet access while I was gone.  I did not.  My deepest apologies.  However, I must say that some have been a little disrespectful toward me in my absence.  I believe I have been, and will continue to be, a first rate senator.  The same cannot be said of Sen. Akno I'm afraid.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2004, 05:58:07 AM »

I have been on a trip to visit colleges.  I expected to have internet access while I was gone.  I did not.  My deepest apologies.  However, I must say that some have been a little disrespectful toward me in my absence.  I believe I have been, and will continue to be, a first rate senator.  The same cannot be said of Sen. Akno I'm afraid.

I have nothing against your service, although party lines do separate us, when you are serving. When you are not serving, while the reason may be reasonable, as yours is, you are not doing anything to show why you have "Senator" in front of your name. If someone from my party had been absent for the number of votes that you had missed, I would want the same course of action to be taken.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2004, 06:01:41 PM »

I agree 2 cabinet members have been fired and replacements weren't named for a week or more and a senator is about to be kicked out.
All in a few weeks.

Dubya I agree that the law needs to be fixed for Senators, but the two cabinet members needing to be kicked out was one of the main reason we passed this bill unanimously.

I have been on a trip to visit colleges. I expected to have internet access while I was gone. I did not. My deepest apologies. However, I must say that some have been a little disrespectful toward me in my absence. I believe I have been, and will continue to be, a first rate senator. The same cannot be said of Sen. Akno I'm afraid.

I'm sorry that this bill affected you Senator. I thought this problem of vacations by Senators would happen with the statement that...if you are going to be gone for an extended period to notify. One thing that I need to amend on the activity bill is the number of missed Senate votes. I calculated the number of bills allowed on the floor + 1 to be 3...its actually 5. 5 missed votes would be adequate....
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies