To those that know about my "situation"...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 11:09:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  To those that know about my "situation"...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: To those that know about my "situation"...  (Read 19425 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2008, 12:48:14 AM »

Guys, please realize that this might not be my last class with her. She's a Liberal Arts student.

What school do you go to? Is it a big campus? And what does being a Liberal Arts student have to do with anything? Is she majoring in the same thing? Or do you think she'll be in other classes with you? We are all liberal arts students at Wake until our junior years....

I'm at Temple, a huge school. Being a Liberal Arts major means that I have a chance of having the same classes with her (especially when you consider the class we have together now). I'm betting that she's a Poli Sci major.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I said that I may have another class with her again not because I'm trying to put off talking to her until one of those classes. I said it because I don't want to be a complete fool and then have to see her again.  Tongue

Useless? It's gone on for close to eight pages.  Tongue
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2008, 12:56:26 AM »

Banking on another liberal arts major being in the same class as you at Temple?

Then you're banking on your personality being willing to do something that you're not willing to do now.  Just do it.  Nike style.  There's no loss and only potential to gain.  And even if you miss and she doesn't dig it, then at least you've gotten a little more comfortable talking to girls you like.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2008, 01:37:27 AM »

Then you're banking on your personality being willing to do something that you're not willing to do now.  Just do it.  Nike style.  There's no loss and only potential to gain.  And even if you miss and she doesn't dig it, then at least you've gotten a little more comfortable talking to girls you like.

That's what I mean. You could sit back and bank on having the same class as her at a school as big as TEMPLE or go for it now. I know you don't want to make a fool of yourself, but if she's in another class of yours, you'll just worry about the same thing. You could wait till last semester of your senior year and hope she's in a class with you and then you wouldn't have to worry about it..... Tongue

But at a school as big as Temple, I'd bet that it's a small probability that she'll be in another class with you, but you know about big schools larger than me. I go to a school with  4,000 undergrads total.

Quote from: Restricted

Yes, but with pictures, imagine how many pages we could be at!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2008, 02:28:46 AM »

Phil, I'm gonna tell you what I told my roommate when I helped him try to get a girlfriend (I helped him twice, neither one worked out, but that's be side the point):

You gotta be proactive, dawg!  It's now or never.  It's the freaking final countdown.

I mean, think about it: It's kaboom time!  Where are you?

That's all I have for you.  Good luck.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2008, 04:53:34 AM »

Look Phil, this thread has gone on for 8 pages now. It's a sign from God or something. She's clearly your soul mate. Please go ahead and make a move - tempting the fates is never a good thing.

And if you're really desperate for something to talk to her about, you could always mention to her that there's 8 pages of discussion about her on some Internet message board. Then you can offer to show it to her, take her back to your cave, and then sire yourself an heir. Chicks dig that sort of thing.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2008, 10:35:29 AM »

Clearly, you need a talk from "Coach". 

Coach tells you to talk to the woman and if you get along well during the conversation, ask her out for coffee or something after finals.

Otherwise, you lose and Coach doesn't like losing, waterboy...

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2008, 02:22:30 PM »

I'll say this for...hmmm...I guess the fifth time now: I'm not banking on having another class together. It was not mentioned as a good thing, in this case. It would be a concern of mine if I happen to humiliate myself.

Anyway...

I got to class late today. She arrived too early. Didn't sit next to her. Day basically ruined though I'm still at school so...
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2008, 02:24:38 PM »

I got to class late today. She arrived too early. Didn't sit next to her. Day basically ruined though I'm still at school so...

You've got legs, right pal? Walk over and chat with her. Unless she is a shallow, stuckup bitch...she should go out with you. But be sure to get to know her first. Does she even know your name?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2008, 02:29:02 PM »

You've got legs, right pal? Walk over and chat with her. Unless she is a shallow, stuckup bitch...she should go out with you. But be sure to get to know her first. Does she even know your name?

Naso, shut the hell up.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2008, 04:33:25 PM »

I hope this thread never dies!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2008, 07:13:26 PM »

Well, the absolute last day for action (this semester, at least) will be December 15th. Unless I somehow run into her during break and start talking to her. Now that would be ironic and pretty hilarious.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2008, 11:07:47 PM »

Maybe as a sign of affection, you should give her the URL to this page to show her how much you care for her. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2008, 11:12:15 PM »

Well, the absolute last day for action (this semester, at least) will be December 15th. Unless I somehow run into her during break and start talking to her. Now that would be ironic and pretty hilarious.

All these hypotheticals are useless to think about. I might have to say that Naso has a point, but don't just walk over to her because that would be extremely creepy. Use some southern charm on her. Does she even know your name? That might be the first thing you need to do.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2008, 11:22:58 PM »

Maybe as a sign of affection, you should give her the URL to this page to show her how much you care for her. Tongue

I'd die of humiliation. Die.

All these hypotheticals are useless to think about. I might have to say that Naso has a point, but don't just walk over to her because that would be extremely creepy. Use some southern charm on her. Does she even know your name? That might be the first thing you need to do.

Southern charm...from a Northeast Philly guy. Brilliant.  Tongue

I don't know if she knows my name! I guess I can solve that by saying, "Hi! Do you know my name? It's Phil. Ok, now you know my name!"
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2008, 11:44:47 PM »

Phil, I'm pretty much in the same situation as you, although mine's probably more pathetic.  I've been talking with a girl from my College Repub group for a few weeks now, but I can't ask somebody out unless I know they like me.  Our group is going down to Lansing this weekend, so I might do it then.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2008, 11:47:50 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2008, 12:47:08 AM »

Phil, I'm pretty much in the same situation as you, although mine's probably more pathetic.  I've been talking with a girl from my College Repub group for a few weeks now, but I can't ask somebody out unless I know they like me.  Our group is going down to Lansing this weekend, so I might do it then.

At least you're talking to her. I wouldn't ask this girl out unless I knew she definitely liked me.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2008, 01:16:37 AM »

At least you're talking to her. I wouldn't ask this girl out unless I knew she definitely liked me.

Yeah, but I've been doing this for weeks and I'm pretty sure she likes me, but I'm not 100% positive, so I won't do anything.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2008, 01:18:29 AM »

Since when do you need to know with certainty that a girl likes you before you ask her out?

Nobody would ever hook up if that was the case
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2008, 01:26:59 AM »

Since when do you need to know with certainty that a girl likes you before you ask her out?

Nobody would ever hook up if that was the case

In case you didn't notice, my standards aren't like everyone else's. I'm worried that I'd make her feel uncomfortable.

Oh, and seeing as this has nothing to do with hooking up and that's not what I'm trying for, that's not a good point.  Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2008, 01:28:01 AM »

Phil, I just made a move to find out if she likes me.  I'm one of the most insecure people in the world.  If I'm making a move, you have to too.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2008, 01:34:22 AM »

Phil, I just made a move to find out if she likes me.  I'm one of the most insecure people in the world.  If I'm making a move, you have to too.

Dude, you know the girl you want to ask out. It's hard for me to even talk to a girl that I sit next to/near every so often.

It's really pretty amusing. Here we have a guy that thinks about this girl a lot and would love to talk to her, go out with her, etc. and then there's this girl who probably doesn't even have a clue as to who the guy is (except noticing me when I come in late to class and maybe recognize around campus). It's kind of depressing but amusing.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2008, 01:38:06 AM »

Dude, you know the girl you want to ask out. It's hard for me to even talk to a girl that I sit next to/near every so often.

It's really pretty amusing. Here we have a guy that thinks about this girl a lot and would love to talk to her, go out with her, etc. and then there's this girl who probably doesn't even have a clue as to who the guy is (except noticing me when I come in late to class and maybe recognize around campus). It's kind of depressing but amusing.

I don't know her that well.  Take a risk Phil.  I honestly regret not taking risks before.  And when I helped my roommate ask out a girl and he got rejected (or rather just simply ignored), he was glad that he did it.  At least he knew the answer instead of wondering what would've happened for the rest of his life.

Better to regret a decision that turns out poorly than wonder for the rest of your life what could've happened.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2008, 01:43:49 AM »

Oh. My. God. Oh...wow.

Uh...someone's signature...wow. Let's just say that someone's signature has a picture of a girl that looks a bit like the girl in question. I emphasis that the girl looks a bit similar. The hair is what reminds me of her.

Wow.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2008, 02:04:30 AM »

Oh. My. God. Oh...wow.

Uh...someone's signature...wow. Let's just say that someone's signature has a picture of a girl that looks a bit like the girl in question. I emphasis that the girl looks a bit similar. The hair is what reminds me of her.

Wow.

Who's signature?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies