To those that know about my "situation"...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 07:36:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  To those that know about my "situation"...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: To those that know about my "situation"...  (Read 19422 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2008, 02:36:32 AM »

Phil, just imagine me by your side and I'm sure you'll find the strength to get it done Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2008, 12:37:56 PM »

So I'm driving through the back streets, approaching Temple today. I have one of my favorite songs on. I'm fairly pleasant. I look at the clock and realize I'll get to class with perfect timing - just early enough. Until I realize...finals begin ten minutes before the normal class time. Like usual, I was late. I ended up taking the first seat I saw (which happened to be the row in front of her). I realized later that the seat next to her was open. Right. Next. To. Her. If I gotten there just seven minutes earlier. I took my final (finished in fifteen minutes) and reviewed it a few times to see if we'd leave at the same time. It wasn't going to happen. I left and might never see her again.

Such is life, my friends.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2008, 12:47:44 PM »

Sorry to hear that, Phil Sad  Just remember this when the next hottie shows up... no time like the present!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2008, 01:06:13 PM »

Maybe she intentionally kept the seat next to her open hoping you'd make a move during the final.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2008, 02:26:53 PM »

Maybe she intentionally kept the seat next to her open hoping you'd make a move during the final.

Wow. Way to make him feel even more sh**tty about it all.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2008, 02:50:55 PM »

Eh, don't worry. I highly, highly, highly doubt that that was the case.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2008, 06:26:08 PM »

Are finals breaking your sarcasm detector?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2008, 06:29:43 PM »

So you being sarcastic would make me feel any better? Thanks.  Tongue
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2008, 06:32:46 PM »

Well, it'd make me feel more like a British asshole (cool and trendy) versus an American asshole (lame)!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2008, 06:33:50 PM »

Well, it'd make me feel more like a British asshole (cool and trendy) versus an American asshole (lame)!

Thanks for the love.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #185 on: December 16, 2008, 03:06:19 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2008, 03:07:55 AM by VP Meeker »

This isn't acceptable. After my Spanish final on Wednesday I'll be flying out to Philadelphia. I've already contacted the Registrar at Temple and tracked the girl's name down, so it'll only be a matter of canvassing the dorms and surrounding neighborhoods to find her. Inks has volunteered to help. We'll then meet you at the nearest Italian restaurant and you'll both enjoy a hearty plate of lasagna.

It will, quite frankly, be the greatest night of your life.

But seriously, I know what it feels like to really want to get to know someone and never get the chance to. It sucks. Wish I could give more insightful advice than that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2008, 03:18:16 PM »

This isn't acceptable. After my Spanish final on Wednesday I'll be flying out to Philadelphia. I've already contacted the Registrar at Temple and tracked the girl's name down, so it'll only be a matter of canvassing the dorms and surrounding neighborhoods to find her. Inks has volunteered to help. We'll then meet you at the nearest Italian restaurant and you'll both enjoy a hearty plate of lasagna.

Haha, thank you. I don't think she lives at school.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I doubt that would top this night...

Wink

Maybe it will be like some corny movie and I'll run into her downtown or something when I least expect it. I notice that I have good luck with girls when I get my mind off the subject. I just realize that it won't always work out that way.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #187 on: December 16, 2008, 07:56:46 PM »

Phil, I'm very sorry to hear that.  I've learned that life/fate/God/whatever can be funny with these things, and even though it looks bad now, something magical could happen in the next few months that gives you another chance with her.

Good luck my friend.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2008, 12:40:11 AM »

Sigh. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Perhaps when you met her, she'd be horrible and your pie in the sky image of her would be destroyed. Maybe it would have been too hard for you to take.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2009, 09:31:32 PM »

By the way...

It's happening again...with just two labs left.  Sad 

A different girl, of course (though I have seen the other one around campus every once in awhile). There's another girl in another class, too, and she's about as attractive but the girl in my lab is probably hotter.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2009, 09:38:36 PM »

Well Phil... at this rate...

You need find your balls.  2 labs left isn't nearly enough time.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2009, 09:45:57 PM »

But at least I really talked to this girl!

The one lab when she kind of helped me, she was sort of nasty to me and others asking for help. Last week,  she came to me to see if we could share a lab manual and was really nice while helping me (since I'm totally clueless in Geology).

I found out that she's a sophmore. Ah, the benefits of being in politics...  Smiley
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2009, 11:37:51 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2009, 11:44:20 PM by ICE HOCKEY »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If only he lived on campus.  I have to admit meeting women as a commuter is tough.  I had a thing for this blonde in one of my accounting classes, but she dropped the class and switched her major to education.  She said she went to a place I used to go alot called Flatspin (now closed) because she lived in Bucks County and I was gonna ask her to meetup with some of my friends until she dropped the class and I never saw her again.  There are some very hot women there.  It's spring so the clothes are well... reducing.  And it's supposed to tbe in the 80s by the weekend.  If only they had an MS in Taxation program like they used to I'd go back after I finish my CPA.  Then again, I'd be seen as a creepy old grad student.

Phil, ACT NOW!  Find out where she likes to go, just simple stuff.  I wish I acted sooner on asking the blonde to Flatspin.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2009, 10:10:48 AM »

So I get to class early and sit at the back table. There is an empty space (no chair) between where I am sitting and where she typically sits. She comes in and this kid that usually sits next to her goes to the empty spot. Instead of going to a spot with a chair, he decides to carry a chair all the way to the back and sits next to her.

It doesn't matter that much though. We didn't really do anything besides the instructor evaluation. I asked to borrow her lab manual for something (I actually needed it) but, of course, the kid sitting next to her decided to volunteer his for me to use. Go figure. Nothing will happen during the final so I guess I can cross that one off my list.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2009, 10:14:29 AM »

Oh, that sucks man. He seems quite territorial. Sad
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2009, 10:15:01 AM »

Phil,

What does this chick look like?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2009, 10:18:45 AM »

Phil,

This is a rare instance that I am attracted to a blonde-ish. I guess it's classified as "dirty blonde." She wears "progressive glasses," too (you know, the trendy type that all the cool left wingers wear). She's hot.

Oh, that sucks man. He seems quite territorial. Sad

Yeah, I think I remember them talking before when I didn't sit back there but he didn't really say anything to her today.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2009, 10:28:21 AM »

Phil,

This is a rare instance that I am attracted to a blonde-ish. I guess it's classified as "dirty blonde." She wears "progressive glasses," too (you know, the trendy type that all the cool left wingers wear). She's hot.

Phil, my man!

What you lack is self-esteem.  Get self-esteem and self-esteem will give way to Confidence.  Get confidence and confidence will give way to “The Attitude”.  The attitude dictates that you don’t care if she loves you or if she disses and dismisses you…whatever happens your toes are still tappin’.

Now, who is this chick, anyway?  She’s a bubble headed coed blonde that needs to be shown her pecking order on your priority list, that’s who she is:  right underneath taking a shower and buying a new can of jock itch spray. 

Look at you:  you’re a member of this Forum, you’ve worked in one of the biggest flops of a Senatorial reelection campaign in United States political history…and, last but not least, you’re a personal friend of Mike Naso! 

I mean, if this chick can’t smell your qualifications, who needs her?!
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2009, 10:51:25 AM »

Your story here reminded me of the various very attractive girls I spoke to at uni (and never dated... heck, I even ended up getting on well with the boyfriends of some of them, what happens when you reach the "just friends" status without having the talk about it) and so from the very first page of this thread, I've been hoping that things would go great with her - sort of like in Lord of the Rings... Isildur had the chance to destroy the ring and failed, now the flaming torch has been passed to Frodo for him to bear the burden and complete the task. I've been hoping you'd be able to rectify my uni failures when it comes to picking up stunning girls.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2009, 11:09:22 AM »

Now, who is this chick, anyway?  She’s a bubble headed coed blonde that needs to be shown her pecking order on your priority list, that’s who she is:  right underneath taking a shower and buying a new can of jock itch spray. 

Eh...bubble headed? If that means "dumb," she isn't. This girl is really smart (in Geology, at least).

LOL

I didn't really work on the Santorum campaign. I've been over that story before.  Tongue

The Naso connection...hmmm...yeah, let's steer clear of that.  Wink

I guess. There's another girl in another class that's not quite as hot so maybe that will work.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies