To those that know about my "situation"...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:30:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  To those that know about my "situation"...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: To those that know about my "situation"...  (Read 19081 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2008, 01:19:46 AM »

I can't believe so many people actually reply to these threads
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2008, 01:24:19 AM »

Like I was saying earlier, I had a relationship with a stunning girl who was Iranian for quite a while, she was gorgeous and didn't even look ethnic (if you will, and not that it matters). I'd bet that's what your lady in question might be.

Pursue it, right away.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2008, 01:28:30 AM »

Like I was saying earlier, I had a relationship with a stunning girl who was Iranian for quite a while, she was gorgeous and didn't even look ethnic (if you will, and not that it matters). I'd bet that's what your lady in question might be.

I think Persian girls are gorgeous.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2008, 02:27:00 AM »

You can't go through life not pursuing attractive girls because they might be half-French. That's no way to live.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2008, 02:28:20 AM »

Asking about her ethnic heritage might be a fun way to break the ice. Or it might be creepy. Take your pick I suppose.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2008, 03:04:19 AM »

This conversation cannot happen without pics.

Nevertheless, I believe the correct way to pursue this in the 21st century is friending her on facebook and proceeding to creep on her wall, comment on her pictures, and impress her with your wit.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2008, 03:20:01 AM »

Asking about her ethnic heritage might be a fun way to break the ice. Or it might be creepy. Take your pick I suppose.

I've always done that, ask their last name as a follow up, and then proceed to analyze what their ethnicity might be right in front of them. If they're one of those girls who doesn't know or care about their background they'll likely be impressed with your knowledge (true or not). If they do care they'll be ready to defend it, and talk about it.

Either way you can win, just ask her.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2008, 08:01:06 AM »

Ask her about the 93 and see her answer.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2008, 09:14:43 AM »

A dilemma indeed. 
In the end you're just gonna have to gussy it up and introduce yourself to her.  Then you won't really need our advice because things will just kind of go from there.

What's the worst that could happen?  She blows you off and either you can be really embarrassed and dwell on it or you suck up your pride and blame it on her "Frenchness" Wink
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2008, 11:19:50 AM »

Phil was asking me...of all people, I know...about advice for this woman he likes. Problem is...Phil suffers from "Fred Thompson Syndrome" and thinks that he can nab a girlfriend by sitting next to her without making conversation. I had a perfect gameplan set for him.

Ask her a question. "Did you do something with your hair?" NO. "Oh I noticed the other day it looked like you straightened it, it was nice." THANKS "Did you do something with your hair?" YES "Oh yeah, I noticed...very nice."

Then start making conversation about the upcoming holiday. "So, whatcha got planned for Thanksgiving?"

Then depart with, "I'll see you on Monday, have a good Thanksgiving!" THANKS YOU TOO.

Monday: "So, did you have a good Thanksgiving break?" "Wanna grab a bite to eat, or a cup of coffee, ect?"

Phil of course, with his style, decided for forego my advice and sit next to her while reading a book. Hopefully he will take his good buddy's advice and find himself a date.

My list of rules for Phil:

1. Listen. Women love a man who wants to hear what they have to say.

2. Notice. Women love it when a guy notices them. "New hairstyle?" "New shirt?" Just never...EVER...mention anything remotely regarding weight.

3. Talk. This is where I have luck...I'm a babbling fool...and there is nothing a woman loves more than a guy who will talk, about himself, about other stuff. Too many guys suffer from what I call "Silent Cal Syndrome".

4. Look Good. Make yourself presentable, but act like you're not whipped. Act like you want the girl, but not that you'll bury your Rick Santorum shrine just to take her on a date. Girls don't want the type of guys they can walk all over. Set the tone. You're the man. You're Phil for God's Sake.

© Mike Naso Films - "Touchfeather Lane" 2006
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2008, 12:14:47 PM »

Not that there is anything wrong necessarily with Reaganfan's advice, but this Atlas Forum may not be the best place to get dating advice.

I mean, the "What is grosser, Smoking Cigarettes or Oral Sex?" thread went on how many pages?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2008, 12:33:31 PM »

Yeah, this is not the best dating advice place. Tongue

It all depends on the girl...as opposed to men, girls are not all after the same thing. There are geunine differences, meaning that the right approach to one may be all wrong to another.

The first choice is really whether you're going to be the best version of yourself and hope she likes it or whether you want to morph to get her. If it's the second more information than you have provided would be necessary for the analysis. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »

Bad advice Naso. Girls hate it when guys talk about themselves. That's what always gets me in trouble.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2008, 01:40:26 PM »

This conversation cannot happen without pics.

Nevertheless, I believe the correct way to pursue this in the 21st century is friending her on facebook and proceeding to creep on her wall, comment on her pictures, and impress her with your wit.

That's the thing...she doesn't have one, which kind of makes me more attracted to her.

Not that there is anything wrong necessarily with Reaganfan's advice, but this Atlas Forum may not be the best place to get dating advice.

Oh, no, no, no. This wasn't meant for dating advice. I didn't want to post my whole "situation" to begin with because it seemed weird. I knew people would end up asking because I posted this topic but the purpose was really to discuss the amusing possibility that she may be part French.

Phil was asking me...of all people, I know...about advice for this woman he likes.

For laughs, Naso. For laughs. Which is why I am going to love reading this post. I guess it's a bad idea to be reading this at school but oh well. I've already started laughing...

Wow. That was too good.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2008, 01:42:08 PM »

You can't go through life not pursuing attractive girls because they might be half-French. That's no way to live.

Yeah, that's not the reason why.  Tongue  I'm too shy especially with girls.

By the way, I waited all break to see her and she wasn't in class today. Horrible, horrible stuff.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2008, 03:39:48 PM »

Well, I shouldn't probably be giving you girl advice since I usually fall for the type that seem to be apt at cheating on me, but....

Usually I act especially nice to a girl if I like her. Don't try to act cool or overly tough. Most girls like emotional guys (don't go overboard it, though). Pay attention to them... it'll take the focus off whether you're acting stupid or dorky.

Well, since she missed a class, maybe you could give her your number to call her if she misses again to see what she missed. Just a thought.

Phil, just crawl out of your shell for a bit, it's not so bad out here. Smiley
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2008, 03:51:02 PM »

Bad advice Naso. Girls hate it when guys talk about themselves. That's what always gets me in trouble.

Well, you have to listen to them first and keep asking about them. See Rule #1.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2008, 04:24:05 PM »

It's kinda funny to read the first page of this thread, then think back to Phil berating people for "attention whoring" in the old picture thread a while ago Tongue
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2008, 04:31:07 PM »

It's kinda funny to read the first page of this thread, then think back to Phil berating people for "attention whoring" in the old picture thread a while ago Tongue

It isn't attention whoring when Phil does it, you know. It's something we should all be concerned about because it's.... it's.... it's Phil!

Wink
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2008, 04:32:12 PM »

My mistake :x
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2008, 05:32:53 PM »

At least I make my own thread for it.  Smiley

It isn't attention whoring when Phil does it, you know. It's something we should all be concerned about because it's.... it's.... it's Phil!

Wink

Tongue
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2008, 08:04:55 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2008, 08:06:42 PM by Reaganfan »

My roommate unknowingly recorded me on video yesterday talking about our good pal Phil's problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J58yMgOBwFw

Have a hoot.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2008, 08:23:49 PM »

I still say you just introduce yourself to her when you sit next to her.. and things should flow from there... talk about the class work. 

Do NOT ask her about her hair.  I'm sorry... this is bad advice.  Asking her if she changed it will basically admit that you've been staring at her hair.  Which is creepy, even if she thinks you're cute.

... besides, then your best case scenario is that you're just the stumbling shy guy that tried to start a relationship by asking her a really cheesy question.
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.42, S: -8.09

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2008, 09:26:55 PM »

Another thing is, she might not know that you're shy.  For all you know, she could have noticed you too and she's been sitting there the whole time thinking you just don't like her, or worse.  And Reagan's #3 is a bad idea.  If she wants to know something, she'll ask.  Even then you shouldn't babble on, keep it short and turn your answer into a question about her.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2008, 09:59:20 PM »

Guys, I appreciate everything but I just want to make clear that this really wasn't meant for advice.  Tongue

I still say you just introduce yourself to her when you sit next to her.. and things should flow from there... talk about the class work. 

She doesn't always sit next to me.

Do NOT ask her about her hair.  I'm sorry... this is bad advice. 

Haha, yeah, I agree.

For all you know, she could have noticed you too and she's been sitting there the whole time thinking you just don't like her

Yeah, I know but then I worry about her acting totally disinterested and I'll never forgive myself for possibly making her feel uncomfortable.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies