With EMD's departure, is anyone truly here to stay?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:27:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  With EMD's departure, is anyone truly here to stay?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: With EMD's departure, is anyone truly here to stay?  (Read 1745 times)
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 30, 2008, 09:26:04 PM »

Wow, I thought that I could tell who would be here for good, but that was kind of shocking.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 09:26:57 PM »

Most of the people who have been here for more than 18 months are here to stay.  Plus people like me, Xahar, Rocky, etc.
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 09:31:47 PM »

To tell the truth, I didn't think DcUnited would last more than a week, but she's still here.  And I know people didn't think I would last, but here I am.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 09:36:12 PM »

EMD will be back. He's always been the kind of kid that whines and acts all emo, and then comes around. This whole "oh woe as me" thing isn't new for him. But it's not uncommon for members to go on leave between election cycles. I left for three years between 2004-2007 because I hadn't discovered the forum community. When the election was over, I thought there was nothing else to do.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 09:40:19 PM »

EMD will be back. He's always been the kind of kid that whines and acts all emo, and then comes around. This whole "oh woe as me" thing isn't new for him.

It must be nice to be so ignorant and a total dick all the time.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 09:44:18 PM »

EMD will be back. He's always been the kind of kid that whines and acts all emo, and then comes around. This whole "oh woe as me" thing isn't new for him.

It has its perks.

Seriously though, I'm not being a dick. He does act that way and has for a long time - trying to draw attention to himself by trying to act like the middle man and wanting everyone to get along. I'm sorry, but I'm just getting tired of the kids right now. I'm terribly sorry that I offended you.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 09:56:54 PM »

It has its perks.

Seriously though, I'm not being a dick. He does act that way and has for a long time - trying to draw attention to himself by trying to act like the middle man and wanting everyone to get along. I'm sorry, but I'm just getting tired of the kids right now. I'm terribly sorry that I offended you.

You do seem to know a lot about him. How sure are you that there aren't other factors influencing his decision to leave? I mean, so what if he wants everybody to get along. It's better than always trying to instigate useless fights or spam threads like some other members. I'd much rather have him here then "Bob Dole" or DC_United. 

Well, I absolutely hate kids, so there's some common ground between us. However, EMD has acted well beyond his age on the forum.

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 09:59:20 PM »

Even me Cry
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 10:01:55 PM »

It has its perks.

You do seem to know a lot about him. How sure are you that there aren't other factors influencing his decision to leave? I mean, so what if he wants everybody to get along. It's better than always trying to instigate useless fights or spam threads like some other members. I'd much rather have him here then "Bob Dole" or DC_United. 

Well, I absolutely hate kids, so there's some common ground between us. However, EMD has acted well beyond his age on the forum.

I don't know, but during the election he'd make threads asking everyone to stop arguing and causing all kinds of drama, while at the same time attacking people he disagreed with. This is a forum for debating politics first and foremost, so it would be boring if we all agreed.

I do agree that he contributed a lot more to the forum than DC_United and Bob Dole, and he will be missed in that regard. He's a good kid and means well. But he's not leaving; he said he'd be back for the 2010 midterms. I left after the 2004 elections with no fanfare at all and came back. This isn't the end of the world, and it hardly warrants making threads announcing one's departure.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 10:03:33 PM »

Even me Cry

No. If I didn't mention your name specifically, then I don't mean you. I think you know who I am referring to when I say I am tired of the kids. From what I've seen, you haven't been spamming threads talking about how you want to get a wife one day who will stroke your penis with her mouth like you currently do with your hand. That is why I'm tired of the kids.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 10:06:11 PM »

I wonder if anyone thought I would be here to stay when I first started posting. Tongue

That aside, I was surprised that EMD left, though he'll be back in awhile, so I guess all is well. Smiley
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 10:09:12 PM »

Even me Cry

No. If I didn't mention your name specifically, then I don't mean you. I think you know who I am referring to when I say I am tired of the kids. From what I've seen, you haven't been spamming threads talking about how you want to get a wife one day who will stroke your penis with her mouth like you currently do with your hand. That is why I'm tired of the kids.
Ummmm........Did I miss something?  You can PM if you don't want to go into detail on here.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 10:10:07 PM »

All things must pass.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 10:10:54 PM »

Whatever the case, there's no need to just write him off as an emo cry-baby. That's just disrespectful.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 10:11:45 PM »

Even me Cry

I know, Duke, I was mostly kidding Smiley  I agree, though, that quality seems to have gone down recently.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 10:14:40 PM »

Whatever the case, there's no need to just write him off as an emo cry-baby. That's just disrespectful.

That was a bit harsh, I agree, but this whole thing loses its effect when he does it over and over again. I'm hardly the first person to call him an emo kid. It is the truth, so I can't be faulted for that. I am an asshole a lot of the time, so it wouldn't be disrespectful to call me that, would it?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 10:30:12 PM »

Just because you think something is true doesn't give you the right to label people as such.

Let me be truthful with you. The reason I'm defending EMD here is half because I get labeled so much in real life. I cannot tell you how many times I've been called things like "white meat", jock or even "the rich prep kid" just because of the way I look. I just hate labeling people (even though I'm guilty of it sometimes.)

So lay off it a bit, O.K.?
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 10:35:39 PM »

I should be here for awhile. I love you all, ha ha. But no, I’ll continue posting a few days in a row, taking off for a week or two and then coming back. A vicious cycle. But I actually really like this forum, this and Gaia online (I know) are the only sites I bother with. Well, besides fictionpress, but that’s not exactly a forum.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 12:31:34 AM »

Jesse will be back. I'll make sure of it.

But this is standard post-election stuff, no? The coming months should acquire some semblance of tranquility (which may be nice). The forum was all but dead in early 2005.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 03:35:19 AM »

But this is standard post-election stuff, no? The coming months should acquire some semblance of tranquility (which may be nice). The forum was all but dead in early 2005.

That's bad for me. I may have to go outside in my spare time! Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 03:56:24 PM »

Shocked
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 03:58:16 PM »

to be honest, with the downright crash in quality this forum has experienced of late, I definitely see why EMD would be taking a break. I've even thought about taking a rather lengthy one myself.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2008, 06:55:57 PM »

I fail to see how you could label him as anything else
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »

Shocked

My mother doesn't let me wander the mean streets of San Francisco alone for lengthy periods of time, so it would be a short time outside. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2008, 08:47:28 PM »

Shocked

My mother doesn't let me wander the mean streets of San Francisco alone for lengthy periods of time, so it would be a short time outside. Tongue

Or a short distance.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies