If Clark Won the Nomination, Who should he have picked for VP?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:32:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  If Clark Won the Nomination, Who should he have picked for VP?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If Clark Won the Nomination, Who should he have picked for VP?  (Read 10122 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 06:37:28 PM »

Probably would've been Clark/Dean "Inexperience X2"

Clark was a general. That's a lot of experience.

haha yea with NATO. Bush had 4 years of being commander in chief.

Clark actually knew what the military is, instead of pathetic draft dodger, hiding in the Air National Guard thanks to his daddy connections.

And Dean spend a lot of years as Governor.

Anyway, Clark would have to pick someone with a record of holding an electoral office for sure.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 06:53:46 PM »

Clark/Biden, maybe - Clark has executive experience, while Biden has legislative experience. Maybe Kerry, HRC, or Kennedy
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 11:21:39 PM »

Clark/Biden, maybe - Clark has executive experience, while Biden has legislative experience. Maybe Kerry, HRC, or Kennedy

Biden--Good candidate on paper, but makes a lot of gaffes and that could hurt the ticket.
Kerry--Good pick.
Hillary Clinton--It might have helped with women. However, it might have hurt because Hillary would have been very polarizing, perceived as kinda inexperienced, and because it would be kinda awkward to pick a former First Lady as VP.
Ted Kennedy--No way. Bad pick. He was too old, too liberal, and Chapaquiddick would come back to haunt the ticket and Clark's judgment in picking Kennedy.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »

Biden--Good candidate on paper, but makes a lot of gaffes and that could hurt the ticket.
Kerry--Good pick.
Hillary Clinton--It might have helped with women. However, it might have hurt because Hillary would have been very polarizing, perceived as kinda inexperienced, and because it would be kinda awkward to pick a former First Lady as VP.
Ted Kennedy--No way. Bad pick. He was too old, too liberal, and Chapaquiddick would come back to haunt the ticket and Clark's judgment in picking Kennedy.

What about Rep. Pat Kennedy (D-RI)?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 01:33:04 PM »

Major idiot.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2010, 03:24:24 PM »

^

This. He has a lot of controversies, and he has bipolar disorder and lifetime struggles with alcohol and depression. No one would want that in a VP.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 04:40:58 PM »

I haven't a clue, But who would offset clark the best?

Probably Governor Mark Warner of Virginia. Warner had spent his life in business and came from the swing state of Virginia.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 06:27:16 PM »

If I were Clark I probably would have narrowed it down to Sen. Kerry, Sen. Feingold, or Gov. Sebelius. Out of those three, I likely would have picked Sen. Feingold, because his postition as an unabashed liberal is much different than mine as Clintonite Moderate. This would hopefully unite the Democratic base against Dubya...
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 11:00:17 PM »

If I were Clark I probably would have narrowed it down to Sen. Kerry, Sen. Feingold, or Gov. Sebelius. Out of those three, I likely would have picked Sen. Feingold, because his postition as an unabashed liberal is much different than mine as Clintonite Moderate. This would hopefully unite the Democratic base against Dubya...

I disagree. Clark needed someone who was ideologically similar to him because the GOP would go after a liberal. Other than Obama, LBJ, and FDR liberals lose in America. Mark Warner of Virginia would have been Clark's best pick; he would have carried Virginia plus had a running mate with the business backround he lacked.

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2012, 04:29:28 PM »

Clark / Richards Cheesy
I would actually vote for this ticket.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length