Boston Globe: Romney PAC hiring staff for possible 2012 campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:40:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Boston Globe: Romney PAC hiring staff for possible 2012 campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boston Globe: Romney PAC hiring staff for possible 2012 campaign  (Read 5464 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 08, 2008, 05:17:08 AM »

In case anyone doubted that the creation of Romney's PAC was effectively the launch of his 2012 campaign:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/12/08/romney_paves_way_for_possible_12_run/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:36:19 AM »

=O x 0
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 12:53:06 PM »

Already preparing for 2012? Damn these people are unpatriotic.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 01:09:32 PM »

Fail:

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 09:58:21 PM »

Sad
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 10:08:01 PM »

Campaigning and fundraising for Senator's Chambliss, Coleman, etc + Hiring Staff = NO WAY!!!

Considering all the signs points towards Meca, it seems inevitable that Willard is planning a second bid for the White House in 2012. But does this really come as a complete shock? Of course not. In the process of completing the equation (as seen as above), it seems inevitable that he's trying to position himself as de facto Republican leader coming into 2012, watch out Sarah!!!
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 10:27:31 PM »

Good, good. I’ve really warmed up to Romney. My loyalty is of course to Paul first and foremost, but Romney is a strong second choice. Really though, as long as he does better then Huckabee I’d label this campaign a victory.

Oddly enough, Romney might be the one who gets the most crossover voters in the next primary. I doubt they’d support Palin, Huckabee, Gingrich, or Jindal, (If they were to run.) Maybe Crist, but I don’t believe he’ll enter the race. But we shall see.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 10:48:15 PM »

Its not like he has a choice with Huckleberry Houndog promoting his populist book and Sarah hijacking Governors conventions.

He will probably ignore Iowa unless both Huck and Sarah get in and stay in to divide the "I'll vote the way my PAstor tells me" crowd.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 12:31:45 AM »

Its not like he has a choice with Huckleberry Houndog promoting his populist book and Sarah hijacking Governors conventions.

He will probably ignore Iowa unless both Huck and Sarah get in and stay in to divide the "I'll vote the way my PAstor tells me" crowd.

Well, the disrespect that some people have here is showing!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 12:49:03 AM »

Absolutely! The Republicans need to get back to the basics if we want to win elections: God, guns and gays. The only true conservative choice we have is Mike Huckabee of Arkansas. Every time I see some limp wristed sissy walking down the street, I cringe and think of where they would be if we had elected Mr. Huckabee. The problem with our party is that we gave into the LIBERAL media and tried to downplay the sin of gayness. We sat back and thought it was alright to sodomize our anal areas and turn our heads. We had LIBERAL republicans like Giuliani, Romney, and Thompson running. And the arrogance in this thread is disgusting. Mr. Huckabee is our party's savior, and we need to embrace him now or BURN IN HELL for all eternity. Praise the LORD in Heaven that he's sent people to deliver His message through people like Mike.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 01:18:21 AM »

Absolutely! The Republicans need to get back to the basics if we want to win elections: God, guns and gays. The only true conservative choice we have is Mike Huckabee of Arkansas. Every time I see some limp wristed sissy walking down the street, I cringe and think of where they would be if we had elected Mr. Huckabee. The problem with our party is that we gave into the LIBERAL media and tried to downplay the sin of gayness. We sat back and thought it was alright to sodomize our anal areas and turn our heads. We had LIBERAL republicans like Giuliani, Romney, and Thompson running. And the arrogance in this thread is disgusting. Mr. Huckabee is our party's savior, and we need to embrace him now or BURN IN HELL for all eternity. Praise the LORD in Heaven that he's sent people to deliver His message through people like Mike.

That was pretty damn insulting to those of us that happen to be religious. Thank you for that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 01:25:02 AM »

That was pretty damn insulting to those of us that happen to be religious. Thank you for that.

I'm sorry. I just like taking a dig at Officepark. For the record, I am religious too. I can go a bit overboard with satire though....
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 05:31:49 PM »

I thought it was quite funny.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 07:30:42 PM »

Not at all surprising.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 07:50:30 PM »

While I wish we didn't have to start thinking about this for a while, I understand it, and I want Romney to run.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »

To whom am I disrespectful? If its Mike Huckabee you damn well bet I will be disrespectful. It has nothing to do with religion or his Socially Conservative views which I share most of. Its not even about our Philosophical differences when it comes to the economy. It has to do with his constant need to impress the media even at the expense of throwing basic tenets of conservatism under the bus to do it. The is what earns my disrespect as well as his incompetence managing the state Arkansas.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 11:48:59 PM »

I LOLed... hard.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 03:44:42 AM »

Update on this from the Politico....Romney's PAC has raised $571,000 this year...and:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/20269.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 08:20:53 AM »

I had huge trust problems with Romney last time; the pale in comparison with the ones that developed with Obama.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 09:00:45 PM »

Romney found a way to help the economy. Hiring staff for some doomed Presidential campaign.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 12:42:35 PM »

I had huge trust problems with Romney last time; the pale in comparison with the ones that developed with Obama.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies