Question for the Nate Silver haters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:45:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Question for the Nate Silver haters
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question for the Nate Silver haters  (Read 726 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 11, 2008, 12:15:34 AM »

Who do you consider to be a better and more accurate political analyst?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:20:33 AM »

Just for the record (again) since I know this is partly directed at me - My problem isn't so much with the guy but with the people that take his predictions as The Word of The Almighty.

I can only imagine how many of you had a little Chris Matthews "thrill up your leg" moment when he said that Franken would win by a half vote or whatever.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 09:44:38 AM »

Just for the record (again) since I know this is partly directed at me - My problem isn't so much with the guy but with the people that take his predictions as The Word of The Almighty.

I can only imagine how many of you had a little Chris Matthews "thrill up your leg" moment when he said that Franken would win by a half vote or whatever.

Of course smart observers would have noticed that a Coleman win was within the margin of error of the ORIGINAL prediction.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 10:00:02 AM »

Not trying to be confrontational or anything, but if you take out the last clause of the last sentence this sounds exactly like the complaint against Obama's fanatical/devoted/cultish/etc supporters. Interesting.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 12:54:48 PM »

Not trying to be confrontational or anything, but if you take out the last clause of the last sentence this sounds exactly like the complaint against Obama's fanatical/devoted/cultish/etc supporters. Interesting.

Yeah, exactly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies