If McCain had Won by 7% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:16:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  If McCain had Won by 7% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If McCain had Won by 7%  (Read 6109 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: December 14, 2008, 11:58:45 AM »

And one other comment to Ben, it is not proper grammar to use words like "could've." It should be "could have."

Whoever told you that is an idiot.
the spell check would have pointed out that could've was not a word if you had used the spell check.
could've is not a word according to the spell check. In fact, the only "'ve" word that doesn't get picked up by the spell check is would've.
that is what I was saying, thank you.

Seriously?  The spell check doesn't think Obama is a word, should I not use it, then?  Could've is a word, and you should've learned that when you were in kindergarten.

gporter actually contradicted himself here...what a surprise.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 06:19:06 AM »

And one other comment to Ben, it is not proper grammar to use words like "could've." It should be "could have."

Whoever told you that is an idiot.
the spell check would have pointed out that could've was not a word if you had used the spell check.
could've is not a word according to the spell check. In fact, the only "'ve" word that doesn't get picked up by the spell check is would've.
that is what I was saying, thank you.

Seriously?  The spell check doesn't think Obama is a word, should I not use it, then?  Could've is not a word, and you should've learned that when you were in kindergarten.

gporter actually contradicted himself here...what a surprise.

No he did not. Sad

Look, I know he can act pretty dumb sometimes, but gporter does not deserve to be criticized every single time he says something. You do not need to be immature and start a flamewar every time that he says something.

Oh, and @"constine": fixed Wink

how is it not a contradiction to say in one post that "could've" is in fact a word...but it shouldn't be used.......and then in a second post to argue that "could've" isn't even a word?

You don't see the slightest contradiction?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies