Is America the greatest country in the world?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:35:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is America the greatest country in the world?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Poll
Question: ??
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 94

Author Topic: Is America the greatest country in the world?  (Read 28928 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2009, 05:38:56 PM »

When we get rid of drug prohibition, all of our gun laws, and legal differences between straight couples, gay couples, straight polygamy, gay polygamy, interbestial couples, interbestial gay couples, etc etc etc., then America might be the greatest country in the world.

Yes but by that time humans will be living on Mars and have craniums the size of watermelons.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2009, 05:49:21 PM »

There are europeans who love America too. I know alot of Germans, Brits and frenchies  who wish they could live here. England is the best country in Europe though.

Ack!  Wales is far superior to England, and that's coming from an Englishman!  Tongue
Tonberry
Rookie
United States

« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2009, 08:05:24 PM »

There are europeans who love America too. I know alot of Germans, Brits and frenchies  who wish they could live here. England is the best country in Europe though.

Ack!  Wales is far superior to England, and that's coming from an Englishman!  Tongue

Coolest flag in the world too. I wish we had a dragon...
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2009, 03:46:16 AM »

When we get rid of drug prohibition, all of our gun laws, and legal differences between straight couples, gay couples, straight polygamy, gay polygamy, interbestial couples, interbestial gay couples, etc etc etc., then America might be the greatest country in the world.

Yes but by that time humans will be living on Mars and have craniums the size of watermelons.

Damn it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2009, 07:12:42 AM »

interbestial?  How are you getting consent from the goat?  If you're not, it's rape and abuse.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2009, 07:43:33 AM »

interbestial?  How are you getting consent from the goat?  If you're not, it's rape and abuse.

You can't rape mammals, to them the act of mating is just a natural act. I learned about it on the Discovery Channel (awhile back).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2009, 07:49:50 AM »

It's still rape if you don't get consent.  Period.  So until you build a machine that can read the mind of your goat, no dice.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2009, 07:54:02 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2009, 04:16:25 PM by Mechaman »

It's still rape if you don't get consent.  Period.  So until you build a machine that can read the mind of your goat, no dice.

FUCK!!!!!!    ASS!!!!!!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2009, 10:05:05 AM »

Since when do animals have the same rights as humans? Why is it not murder to kill a goat but it is rape to have sex with one (as disgusting as it is)?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2009, 10:09:39 AM »

They don't have the same rights.  Killing a goat for fun is against the law too (I think/hope).  Killing it for food is different for what I hope are obvious reasons.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2009, 01:05:02 PM »

They don't have the same rights.  Killing a goat for fun is against the law too (I think/hope).  Killing it for food is different for what I hope are obvious reasons.

Pretty sure that's called "hunting."
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #186 on: June 14, 2009, 02:07:54 PM »

le sigh

Hunting is sport and they almost always eat the meat (and those that don't are asshats).  By "fun" I meant "for the hell of it" or "for the meanness of it".  You probably knew that though.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #187 on: June 14, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »

I don't see the logic. Say you kill a goat at Time A, and eat it at Time B. How long does the difference between Time A and Time B have to be before it becomes illegal? What is Time B is decades from now? How is law enforcement to know whether you intend to eat the goat or not?

Also, where do you draw the line between species? Could I be prosecuted for killing a pill bug for fun, or does it only apply to mammals?
ConservativeforRudy
United States

« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2009, 01:06:17 PM »

I think America is.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »

They don't have the same rights.  Killing a goat for fun is against the law too (I think/hope)

Why should it be? Goats are incapable of sentience; ergo, they are not entitled to the rights of man under the Lockean system.

Not, you know, that I actually expect you to be anything more libertarian than a kneejerk conservative apologist.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2009, 04:38:53 AM »

F$$K!!!!!!    ASS!!!!!!

I think you mean 'Don't fuck an ass'
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2009, 06:26:45 AM »

They don't have the same rights.  Killing a goat for fun is against the law too (I think/hope)

Why should it be? Goats are incapable of sentience; ergo, they are not entitled to the rights of man under the Lockean system.
So they should be forced to suffer at the hands of man?  Really?  In your world it's ok to tie a monkey to a tree and poke it with sticks, just for fun?  Wow.  You really are more "libertarian" than me.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I love you too.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2009, 06:28:13 AM »

(it's also very weird people are defending animal fucking and in a "is America the greatest country" thread no less.  This forum can be hilarious!)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2009, 04:18:53 PM »

F$$K!!!!!!    ASS!!!!!!

I think you mean 'Don't fuck an ass'

No I mean FUCK ASS!!! I couldn't counter his logic! That was before I realized how much of a LINO deadman is.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2009, 08:46:30 PM »

Whoa. 
the artist formerly known as catmusic
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91