New York Gubernatorial election 2010 Giuliani vs Paterson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:32:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New York Gubernatorial election 2010 Giuliani vs Paterson
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: New York Gubernatorial election 2010 Giuliani vs Paterson  (Read 8313 times)
defe07

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2008, 12:55:13 PM »

Heh, what are the odds Golisano runs again? I'm sure that would doom any shot of a Giuliani victory whatsoever. Anywho, Patterson could win big since Giuliani got lost in the spotlight and bowed out of the Presidential race in no time. Here's a hint: if Patterson appoints Caroline Kennedy, you can almost take it to the bank that the Kennedys are going to help Patterson keep the Governor's seat.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2008, 01:15:16 PM »

I'd be extremely torn in this scenario...for once, legitimately undecided since I like both Paterson and Giuliani.  (I'm pretty sure that makes me criminally insane?)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 11:44:30 PM »

Rudy did too much damage running for President to have a chance of winning statewide.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 07:43:47 AM »

Rudy could definitely win.  Paterson is starting to screw up big, and I expect a long brutual primary between him and Cuomo.  Partisanship is not a huge issue in governor's races (VT, HI, WY, KS, OK, etc.)
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 09:24:54 AM »

Rudy did do a lot of damage to himself in the primary-- and at the convention, where he launched one of the most nasty, bitter attacks in a generally angry convention.

On the other hand state government is not the same as national government. It all depends on how badly Patterson screws up and how Giuliani presents himself.

Some people could be angry at the Senate appointment. If Paterson caves to aristocracy then I'll be supporting his opponent, not that it matters. We'll see.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 05:22:34 PM »

Rudy did do a lot of damage to himself in the primary-- and at the convention, where he launched one of the most nasty, bitter attacks in a generally angry convention.

On the other hand state government is not the same as national government. It all depends on how badly Patterson screws up and how Giuliani presents himself.

Some people could be angry at the Senate appointment. If Paterson caves to aristocracy then I'll be supporting his opponent, not that it matters. We'll see.

And you supported Hillary. LOL.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies