CA-15 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:31:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-15 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-15  (Read 7179 times)
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« on: December 15, 2008, 08:13:06 PM »

Not surprising, he had no real close ties to Obama or his people and waffled on endorsing him until June 3. He surely would have been better for the position than some of the names thrown out there (Kennedy, Powell) but hey that Appropriations gig is pretty cushy.

On an education note my old high school district (and the one Honda used to teach at) plans to cut every single sport program altogether. Sadly this is just $2.1 million out of the $11 million total in proposed cuts to get out of the red. They are so screwed.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 09:02:13 AM »

All of them? This I can't imagine. What district are you referring to? I'm almost certain Sunnyvale was in the FUHSD when Honda taught there.

I looked it up, and Honda was a principal at a high school in my district - he was a teacher at Sunnyvale.

Old school district is East Side Union. Alongside that $2.1 million cut to all sports, teachers are going to add 3 students to each class without extra pay (saves $3.5 million), district office staff will be cut by 1/6 (saves $1.9 million), and more non-classroom jobs (counselors, librarians) cut (saves $3 million). And they're still thinking of cutting an entire month from the school schedule and/or eliminating arts & music programs. Oh and this is the proposed budget before the expected education cuts that the Governator is going to propose in the next state Congress.
http://www.mercurynews.com/opinion/ci_11228834

but hey who cares about school you can't cut my beloved football team!!!!!11111 Angry

edit:
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies