No Southerners in Obama's Cabinet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:03:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  No Southerners in Obama's Cabinet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: No Southerners in Obama's Cabinet  (Read 24727 times)
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2008, 04:04:19 PM »

We should add mexico, central america, the carib islands and the phillippines to the US with instant citizenship to swamp the sunbelt in a latin tide.
LanceMcSteel

« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2008, 04:12:17 PM »

We should add mexico, central america, the carib islands and the phillippines to the US with instant citizenship to swamp the sunbelt in a latin tide.

Ironically, had the South won the civil war and formed its own nation, it probably would be swamped by Latinos as they had territorial designs on Cuba, Mexico and Central America to expand their slave holding lands.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2008, 04:25:18 PM »

This is disgusting.  My family has been in the South for over 150 years, and I cannot believe the sentiments that are being expressed.  You people in the North need to step back and shut up.

Ben, be a little bit less obvious next time.

You do realize I'm not the only person who loves the South and doesn't like seeing it attacked for no reason, right?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2008, 04:28:26 PM »

This is disgusting.  My family has been in the South for over 150 years, and I cannot believe the sentiments that are being expressed.  You people in the North need to step back and shut up.

You do realize I'm not the only person who loves the South and doesn't like seeing it attacked for no reason, right?

Try going to MS and AL and see if you love all the south.

The states of MS and AL are absolutely disgusting trash wholes, one area where I agree with LanceMcSteel on. They need more and STRONGER katrinas!!!!!
The Populist
Rookie

« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »

Try going to MS and AL and see if you love all the south.

The states of MS and AL are absolutely disgusting trash wholes, one area where I agree with LanceMcSteel on. They need more and STRONGER katrinas!!!!!

I've lived in Alabama, and I enjoyed it there.  Mississippi isn't the nicest place, but I still enjoy going to Oxford.
LanceMcSteel

« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2008, 04:33:52 PM »

Why are you so offended by my preaching against the south, Virginia is more of a mid atlantic state now.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2008, 04:37:51 PM »

Why are you so offended by my preaching against the south, Virginia is more of a mid atlantic state now.

Virginia is a Southern state, and I quite like the entire South.  So shut up.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2008, 04:46:40 PM »

To call Northern Virginia Southern is to call Turkey Arab.
anti_leftist
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2008, 04:54:22 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2008, 04:56:01 PM by anti_leftist »

Wow, aren't the liberals here just so open-minded and tolerant? "Vote for our candidate or we'll support shunning your state/region from government and we'll constantly cite stereotypes about your ignorance and closed-mindedness when in reality we're being closed-minded and ignorant by pinning an entire region into a neat little box." It's so funny how many leftists here have their heads so far up their asses that they can't discover the obvious hypocrisy in their attitudes. Why is calling Obama a N***er an unfathomable act of ignorance and racism but denigrating an entire region as "inbred" or "trailer trash" is socially acceptable? Typical left-wing PC double standards.

The interesting thing is that judging by Obama's recent actions, he is by all accounts going to be a moderate, Clintonian President and I shouldn't have any problem supporting him. My only concern is and always has been the ridiculous amount of left-wing nutjobs (like many in this thread) supporting him fanatically. It's become painfully obvious to me now that he was using them largely for convenience to get him through the primaries and really has no intention of implementing the vast majority of their agenda. I can't wait for 6 months from now when so many of those who have spent the past year jacking off to Obama's speeches (ie: many people here) become horribly disillusioned. Note I'm certainly not referring to all Obama supporters here, but there are quite a few who need to get a serious grip on reality.
LanceMcSteel

« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2008, 04:54:40 PM »

^^Southern charm and politeness.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2008, 05:00:24 PM »

Wow, aren't the liberals here just so open-minded and tolerant?

Liberals don't judge people based on factors they can't control.  Leftists, on the other hand, are more than willing to.  Which is one of many reasons why I'm one and not the other.
LanceMcSteel

« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2008, 05:02:39 PM »

Wow, aren't the liberals here just so open-minded and tolerant? "Vote for our candidate or we'll support shunning your state/region from government and we'll constantly cite stereotypes about your ignorance and closed-mindedness when in reality we're being closed-minded and ignorant by pinning an entire region into a neat little box." It's so funny how many leftists here have their heads so far up their asses that they can't discover the obvious hypocrisy in their attitudes. Why is calling Obama a N***er an unfathomable act of ignorance and racism but denigrating an entire region as "inbred" or "trailer trash" is socially acceptable? Typical left-wing PC double standards.

The interesting thing is that judging by Obama's recent actions, he is by all accounts going to be a moderate, Clintonian President and I shouldn't have any problem supporting him. My only concern is and always has been the ridiculous amount of left-wing nutjobs (like many in this thread) supporting him fanatically. It's become painfully obvious to me now that he was using them largely for convenience to get him through the primaries and really has no intention of implementing the vast majority of their agenda. I can't wait for 6 months from now when so many of those who have spent the past year jacking off to Obama's speeches (ie: many people here) become horribly disillusioned. Note I'm certainly not referring to all Obama supporters here, but there are quite a few who need to get a serious grip on reality.

lol

Southern 'real murricans' scream that they are morally superior and love America more than Northerners (Mind you, Southerners killed 500,000 US soldiers in the greatest act of treason in US history). Now that Southerners are being called out for their backwards xenophobic regionalist ways, they seem to be unable to take criticism after having 40 years running the country. Hopefully the South will be politically marginalized for the next 40 years at least.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2008, 05:06:33 PM »

And getting worse by the hour.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2008, 05:10:25 PM »

Mr. McSteel can I subcsribe to your newsletter?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2008, 05:17:25 PM »

Wow, aren't the liberals here just so open-minded and tolerant?

Liberals don't judge people based on factors they can't control.  Leftists, on the other hand, are more than willing to.  Which is one of many reasons why I'm one and not the other.

Hooray for blanket generalizations!
LanceMcSteel

« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2008, 05:18:35 PM »

Why are intolerant members of this forum forming stereotypes of Liberal attitudes towards southerners?

Ill have you all I know I have several Southern friends, and even adopted a Southern child.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2008, 05:19:27 PM »

I'd honestly have zero problems with the south if they'd stop being so pushy with their religiosity and social conservatism.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2008, 05:19:55 PM »

It's rapidly turning into a sort of Carnival of Trolls...
LanceMcSteel

« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2008, 06:44:07 PM »

Yea, Benconstantine and other southern trolls have been running rampant on this read.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2008, 06:50:48 PM »

Yea, Benconstantine and other southern trolls have been running rampant on this read.

You'll find very few people who consider me a troll.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2008, 07:21:35 PM »

Well, what'd I say?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2008, 07:22:37 PM »

Lance and Straha, plz stop the trollin. You're causing people not to realize that there actually are/were real people in this thread espousing views as crazy as yours.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2008, 07:37:55 PM »

Well, what'd I say?

Well, I fucked up.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »

Well, what'd I say?

Well, I fucked up.

?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2008, 07:46:55 PM »

Well, what'd I say?

Well, I fucked up.

?

Come on down to the bottom boards.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies