Atlas House PRESS BRIEFING (important)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:19:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlas House PRESS BRIEFING (important)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Atlas House PRESS BRIEFING (important)  (Read 6200 times)
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2004, 07:24:16 PM »
« edited: February 24, 2004, 07:25:40 PM by TheWildCard »

Heres a question If the President is against the creation of a suprme court because they won't be elected officials would he be willing to have one if the Supreme Court was an elected postion as well?
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2004, 07:29:26 PM »

Heres an idea If the President is against the creation of a suprme court because they won't be elected officials why not make the Supreme Court an elcted postion as well?

How would we do that as an election?  I think they should be appointed, and if the President doesn't....then impeachment for disobeying the law.

I agree that they should be appointed.  I was just tossing out a question because I'd like to get to the root of why he is against the creation of a Supreme Court...
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2004, 07:32:08 PM »

Perhaps by the people, or the Senate it would be up to the writers of the constitiution to decide.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2004, 07:32:11 PM »

Eh, I worded that wrong.  The point is, there is NO NEED for a Supreme Court. Stepping outside of the fantasy realm for a second, can you truly give me a scenario where we, as intelligent and respectable [i hope] individuals, would need an appointed court to work out a difficulty in an election? I don't think so. I have more faith in the Atlas Forum then that.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2004, 07:48:23 PM »

After a conversation with Mr. Fresh, we have worked out a plan for a Supreme Court that both Mr. Fresh, myself, and President Nym support.

It is written,

that the President will appoint a three-member Supreme Court, in which ALL ELECTION DISPUTES will be handled.

It is also written,

that the three-member Supreme Court will have no authority outside election disputes, as this is a forum for fantasy elections, and not fantasy government.

There. I sincerely hope both parties will agree to this.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2004, 08:27:19 PM »

It is written,

that the President will appoint a three-member Supreme Court, in which ALL ELECTION DISPUTES will be handled.

It is also written,

that the three-member Supreme Court will have no authority outside election disputes, as this is a forum for fantasy elections, and not fantasy government.

Whilst I also hope that both parties will agree to this, I should remind you that it is the job of the Constitutional Convention, as opposed to the Presidentt, to write the Constitution.

The Press Secretary:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The President has not been in office 48 hours and seemingly we have already had a u-turn - not very promising for a potential 2880 hour (4 months) term, by this math we can expect 60 u-turns before the next election.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2004, 08:49:49 PM »

Well Mr. Bell, since the entire constituency of Atlas seemed to believe a Court was a good idea, we made a compromise which still ADVISES that a SC be left with no real power except in election disputes.  This still generally satisfies President Nym, and we believe it will help promote forum unity.

You may spin this recent decision however you want, but in the end, it's still progress.

migrendel
Italy

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2004, 09:09:37 PM »

I must vigorously object. I believe a Supreme Court is essential.

The law is an arbitrer of government, a place where the lowliest and most humble can come and make their case, and if legitimate, will have a court hallow their rights beyond the reach of majorities which might overlook them.

Put in a place a Supreme Court which has a larger jurisdiction than mere election trivialities, which can solve the broad questions of the law according to tradition, spirit, letter, and right reason, and you will complete the plan of government.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2004, 09:21:34 PM »

Instead of trying to convince the rest of you, I'll close the press conference for now and simply have President Nym make an address not only on this, but on the entire plan, so to speak, for an Atlas Government. I've gotten across the general point we intend to make.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2004, 09:28:42 PM »

After a conversation with Mr. Fresh, we have worked out a plan for a Supreme Court that both Mr. Fresh, myself, and President Nym support.

It is written,

It is also written,

The AFRNC Chairman also agrees with this proposal.
dunn

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2004, 04:06:31 AM »

folks' the constitution will decide not some 'talks' or a party agreement. and threr are 3 parties + independent
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2004, 07:05:47 AM »

Off topic but is the Constitutionalist Party planning on running a candidate in the next election?

too early to tell
it's possible

I'm going to make an early prediction....Lewis!
I have no intention of running for president.

(Aside) Now, a nice little house seat or a seat on the supreme court bench (ahem) no, I didn't say that, of course.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2004, 07:09:04 AM »

The Supreme Court proposal is fine with me, but we still don't have a date for the Constitutional Convention, which to me seems to be the most pressing problem at the moment.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2005, 10:15:37 AM »

Off topic but is the Constitutionalist Party planning on running a candidate in the next election?

too early to tell
it's possible

(Aside) Now, a nice little house seat or a seat on the supreme court bench (ahem) no, I didn't say that, of course.
I didn't have the intention at the time. Really! I swear!
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2005, 11:27:08 AM »

too early to tell
it's possible

I didn't have the intention at the time. Really! I swear!

Oh, suuure you didn't. You've been secretly plotting a Presidential run for a year!! Smiley
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2005, 04:19:05 PM »

Damn, I got HAMMERED in that Press Conference.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2005, 07:16:06 PM »

The very concept of having two Presidential aides was in itself ridiculous (sorry Nym).
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2005, 07:20:06 PM »

The very concept of having two Presidential aides was in itself ridiculous (sorry Nym).

I agree, in retrospect. Chief of Staff was meaningless and unnecessary, though the Press Secretary did have a real job.

It was a different time, when I first ran for President I had no idea if I myself would even do anything. Smiley The whole concept of a Constitution wasn't even brought up until after the election. At first, we were just pretending like it was a real US Presidential Election, fought completely over real issues. I even picked Harry as my running mate largely due to this, as I thought that in a real election I would want a ticket that was geographically balanced.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies