What's got everyone so down?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:22:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What's got everyone so down?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: What's got everyone so down?  (Read 4809 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2010, 12:30:04 PM »

No, because unlike you, most of us care that millions of poor people will now die to lack of health care.
Roll Eyes

You do know that hospitals don't refuse urgent care.  But the dramatic politicization is much more thrilling I suppose.
Urgent care is expensive and inefficient. You know that tens of thousands of people die every year because they don't have health insurance, Richie.

At least you have the balls to roll your eyes at someone talking about thousands of people dying. Not sure I would.
No, because unlike you, most of us care that millions of poor people will now die to lack of health care.
Roll Eyes

You do know that hospitals don't refuse urgent care.  But the dramatic politicization is much more thrilling I suppose.
Talk to me when you go without insurance and have to rely on urgent care for your total health coverage.

kthxbye

Mmm, that's right, go personal again.  You do know me so well, after all.  Don't forget what they told us assuming does.  My favorite is when "progressives" judge me.  I'm only a person worth caring about if you can feign some kind of politicized concern for me.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2010, 12:31:51 PM »

Ben,

You keep getting more and more extreme.

Coming from you, CARL, I consider that a compliment.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2010, 12:32:02 PM »

The level of hackishness here has gone from comical to disturbing, Fezzy.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2010, 12:43:11 PM »

It's a shame, too.  This is why politics are fading from my interest, they're not about the actual issues.  It's completely a game.  To have people tell me I'm a horrible person and don't care about what I really do just because I disagree with them is sick.  I much prefer to actually do something about it and have.  But you'll never hear someone here acknowledge that.  Because they're largely who they claim to despise, sitting in their comfy houses disconnected from the things they politically care about.  I really dislike politics.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2010, 01:05:08 PM »

Exactly. And all this over legislation that like most things lately, a good chunk of even the 'progressives' on this site weren't that thrilled about to begin with.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2010, 01:44:24 PM »

Well, it is kind of sad that the Republicans managed to get enough Democrats on board to start an unjustified war that left hundreds of thousands dead and cost countless billions, but the Democrats can't even pass health care reform. It really tells you a lot about how truly despicable the GOP is.

I have already accepted the fact that the main benefit of having Democrats in power is not that they manage to pass progressive legislation, but that it means the Republicans aren't in power wreaking havoc as usual. But given the ping pong nature of politics, I suppose we are only prolonging the fall of America by electing Democrats, not preventing it.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2010, 02:24:23 PM »

Well, it is kind of sad that the Republicans managed to get enough Democrats on board to start an unjustified war that left hundreds of thousands dead and cost countless billions, but the Democrats can't even pass health care reform. It really tells you a lot about how truly despicable the GOP is.

That's because foreign wars of intervention are one of few things both parties agree on.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2010, 04:43:29 PM »

Well, it is kind of sad that the Republicans managed to get enough Democrats on board to start an unjustified war that left hundreds of thousands dead and cost countless billions, but the Democrats can't even pass health care reform. It really tells you a lot about how truly despicable the GOP our system is.

I have already accepted the fact that the main benefit of having Democrats in power is not that they manage to pass progressive legislation, but that it means the Republicans aren't in power wreaking havoc as usual. But given the ping pong nature of politics, I suppose we are only prolonging the fall of America by electing Democrats, not preventing it.

Very well said.. I just added the one change..
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2010, 05:48:24 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2010, 05:58:09 PM by A.J. Marokai Blue »

It's a shame, too.  This is why politics are fading from my interest, they're not about the actual issues.  It's completely a game.  

Have you utterly lost your mind? I've been complaining about that exact sort of thing for months around here and anyone who even loosely follows my posts can tell you that. The point is you pranced in here displaying your complete ignorance on the whole "urgent care" thing. Have you ever had to go to the emergency room without health insurance? Seriously, I'm curious. Because I have, and it's not as comfortable as you might think it to be.

I love discussing issues more in depth, no one enjoys doing this however, and in today's political era, such in depth and wonky discussions are frowned upon in favor of the will of the ignorant masses. You spouted off a complete talking point about how "no one truly goes without care in America" and that's complete bullshit.

Every thread I've ever seen you in I've never seen you give anyone the time of day or entertain a more comprehensive discussion beyond a paragraph. In fact, everytime I've ever tried to engage you in a discussion you simply dismiss me outright. (Such as our discussion on radicalism versus moderation, and my lengthy responses versus your bolting the thread.)

Edit: Oh look at me here, playing my silly political reindeer games with Fezzy: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=102020.msg2147303#msg2147303
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2010, 05:54:29 PM »

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2010, 06:11:33 PM »

It's a shame, too.  This is why politics are fading from my interest, they're not about the actual issues.  It's completely a game.  To have people tell me I'm a horrible person and don't care about what I really do just because I disagree with them is sick.  I much prefer to actually do something about it and have.  But you'll never hear someone here acknowledge that.  Because they're largely who they claim to despise, sitting in their comfy houses disconnected from the things they politically care about.  I really dislike politics.

Why the whining?  I basically agree with your opinion on the issue, but why should you care about what other people say, especially those who would prefer you to shut up and take it by whatever means possible (the overarching quality of the modern left that is the most dangerous IMO)?

And if you haven't figured out politics is just a game yet, well it's time for you to find out.  Smiley
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2010, 06:24:24 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2010, 06:26:37 PM by fezzyfestoon »

It's a shame, too.  This is why politics are fading from my interest, they're not about the actual issues.  It's completely a game. 

Have you utterly lost your mind? I've been complaining about that exact sort of thing for months around here and anyone who even loosely follows my posts can tell you that. The point is you pranced in here displaying your complete ignorance on the whole "urgent care" thing. Have you ever had to go to the emergency room without health insurance? Seriously, I'm curious. Because I have, and it's not as comfortable as you might think it to be.

I love discussing issues more in depth, no one enjoys doing this however, and in today's political era, such in depth and wonky discussions are frowned upon in favor of the will of the ignorant masses. You spouted off a complete talking point about how "no one truly goes without care in America" and that's complete bullshit.

Every thread I've ever seen you in I've never seen you give anyone the time of day or entertain a more comprehensive discussion beyond a paragraph. In fact, everytime I've ever tried to engage you in a discussion you simply dismiss me outright. (Such as our discussion on radicalism versus moderation, and my lengthy responses versus your bolting the thread.)

Edit: Oh look at me here, playing my silly political reindeer games with Fezzy: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=102020.msg2147303#msg2147303

Really, just look at Winston's post.  I'm not interested in personal battle with anyone I meet on the internet.  It should also be pretty obvious that when I post a one sentence comment, I'm not interested in an extensive debate on the topic, especially in the Forum Community.  I didn't respond to that post from 4 months ago because I was extremely busy living my real life and overlooked it.  I have very little time to invest in extensive political debates on every topic.  And I'm sorry to tell you, but I tend not to follow your melodramatic posts.  But go ahead and turn it into a big contrived personal plot.  But to tell you the truth, nothing I do here matters to me nearly that much.  That's why I don't even bother correcting the constant idiotic attacks on my socioeconomic status.  And that's all anyone has to offer here, childish personal attacks that really destroy the reasons I still even come here.  I still somewhat enjoy discussing politics when I have the time, yet I can't because my time is wasted on this kind of bullsh**t instead.

Why the whining?  I basically agree with your opinion on the issue, but why should you care about what other people say, especially those who would prefer you to shut up and take it by whatever means possible (the overarching quality of the modern left that is the most dangerous IMO)?

And if you haven't figured out politics is just a game yet, well it's time for you to find out.  Smiley

I'm whining because we aren't politicians, we're not playing the game.  People need to get a grip and take a step back.  The whole point of this place is to be a respectful outlet for our political interests.  It annoys me when people think they're running against me for something.  People need to just chill out.  And yes, I am aware of the hypocrisy of my bitching, but I thoroughly detest the arrogance of those who repeatedly judge me not only so wrongly but so confidently.  And yet they call themselves progressives and open-minded.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2010, 07:30:19 PM »

Fezzy, when folks go after you unfairly, it is best to ignore, or defect with humor, or toss some questions their way, which typically slows down the Jihad. Anyway, it works for me. Smiley

By the way, in my world, personal attacks on posters I think in all but the most extraordinary circumstances are inappropriate. Focus on the content, not the poster, is a much better way to go. Having said that, I just dumped on JewCon's literacy, so I am not perfect. Tongue
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2010, 08:16:44 PM »

Yeah, I know ignoring them is the best way to go, but I'm terrible at that.  They're just so incredibly annoying I can't bring myself to let them think it's ok.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2010, 08:56:29 PM »

Yeah, I know ignoring them is the best way to go, but I'm terrible at that.  They're just so incredibly annoying I can't bring myself to let them think it's ok.

You were saying something incredibly naive and utterly divorced from reality. To go from saying something so observably wrong, or at the very least disingenuous, (Urgent care never turns people away, how dare you start acting like people will die without health insurance!) to complaining about how poor Fezzy just can't stop giving into the evil people who keep picking on him, is ridiculous and insulting to everyone's intelligence.

Seriously Fezzy. You said something stupid, at least three/four people called you on it, and now you're playing the victim. I don't normally try to badger people to death over little things but when people play the sympathy card when it's not deserved, it grates on me.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2010, 09:03:34 PM »

You were saying something incredibly naive and utterly divorced from reality. To go from saying something so observably wrong, or at the very least disingenuous, (Urgent care never turns people away, how dare you start acting like people will die without health insurance!) to complaining about how poor Fezzy just can't stop giving into the evil people who keep picking on him, is ridiculous and insulting to everyone's intelligence.

Seriously Fezzy. You said something stupid, at least three/four people called you on it, and now you're playing the victim. I don't normally try to badger people to death over little things but when people play the sympathy card when it's not deserved, it grates on me.

No, you didn't call me out on what I said, they personally attacked me.  That's what I have a problem with.  I don't give a shit if someone thinks I've said something stupid.  Note that I only had a problem with two responses to my post.  Speaking of divorced from reality, yikes.  Oh, nice total manipulation of everything I've said, too.  YOU'RE NOT RUNNING FOR OFFICE, act like a normal human being.

I'm so over this crap.  You're right Torie, I just have to start ignoring the bull.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2010, 04:13:27 PM »

Oh, and here is a nice succinct article on my "stupid" "ignorant" comment.  Plus, drama queens, the estimation is approximately 100,000 people die from preventable causes each year, not millions.

Let's not forget that my problem was with the over dramatic politicization of the issue, not the problems raised.  Remember I was one of the first to be blowing the horn on healthcare issues around here.

Just a little closer I forgot about. Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2010, 04:20:02 PM »

Oh, and here is a nice succinct article on my "stupid" "ignorant" comment.  Plus, drama queens, the estimation is approximately 100,000 people die from preventable causes each year, not millions.

Let's not forget that my problem was with the over dramatic politicization of the issue, not the problems raised.  Remember I was one of the first to be blowing the horn on healthcare issues around here.

That's all true, Fezzy, but a lot of things aren't treatable in the emergency room......such as cancer, diabetes, and what not.

People with those conditions have no access to necessary care.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.43

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2010, 09:30:25 PM »

Stop being mean to fezzyfestoon.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2010, 09:45:47 PM »

Haha, thanks?

That's all true, Fezzy, but a lot of things aren't treatable in the emergency room......such as cancer, diabetes, and what not.

People with those conditions have no access to necessary care.

And we're totally on the same page.  My problem was not with the general position in support of healthcare reform, it was the absurdly dramatic and politicized comments about it.  Like I said, I've been bitching about this stuff since far before it was the issue of the day.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies