Does the preceding poster approve of Barack Obama's job as President (-Elect)? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:57:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does the preceding poster approve of Barack Obama's job as President (-Elect)? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does the preceding poster approve of Barack Obama's job as President (-Elect)?  (Read 4274 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: December 19, 2008, 10:03:35 PM »

Yes
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 11:06:25 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2010, 11:45:32 PM by Torie »

Marginally yes. He has a tough job, and is under tremendous pressures. I am not quite ready to just declare him yet another near sociopathic political whore. Sure he has made some mistakes from an "objective" standpoint, but I think his instincts are fundamentally centrist, and he is trying to be responsible as he sees it. He has been losing it a bit lately, and I hope he does not revert to populist demagoguery, because if he does, I will have to write him off.

It is odd that I am becoming a bit of a sortie [softy] in my old age. I may have to seek therapy for that (yet another thing to add to the list). I used to be such a  hardass.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 11:23:04 PM »

No.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 11:24:40 PM »

Torie, the question was "does the preceding poster approve," not "do you approve."

Obviously, though, you marginally approve.

Ya, I had a reading comprehension problem. I did not hear the State of the Union Speech. If and when I do, would that be the final straw for me?  What do you think?

Skip me.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:29:21 PM »

Marginally yes. He has a tough job, and is under tremendous pressures. I am not quite ready to just declare him yet another near sociopathic political whore. Sure he has made some mistakes from an "objective" standpoint, but I think his instincts are fundamentally centrist, and he is trying to be responsible as he sees it. He has been losing it a bit lately, and I hope he does not revert to populist demagoguery, because if he does, I will have to write him off.

It is odd that I am becoming a bit of a sortie in my old age. I may have to seek therapy for that (yet another thing to add to the list). I used to be such a  hardass.

please refrain from voting in our primaries.

kill teh rinoz lolz

I'd bet money that he'd have voted for the neocon McCain in the 08 primary.

I did and gave him the legally max contribution in the primary, and then two weeks before the election, decided to vote for Obama, after the financial meltdown hit, and it was rather clear to me that the way McCain handled it, reminded me yet again of his impulsive and rather feckless management style, and lack of knowledge about finance, and lack of care about it, and that freaked me out. The problem at that point went beyond ideology. I wanted a more serious and focused and cerebral guy as POTUS in this environment. Does that make sense?

Skip me.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 11:36:41 PM »

It is odd that I am becoming a bit of a sortie in my old age. I may have to seek therapy for that (yet another thing to add to the list). I used to be such a  hardass.

You're one of my favorite people on the forum, Torie and we agree on so much, but yet I basically disagree with every word you wrote here (well, maybe not the last paragraph, and well the Presidency is a tough job, big shock there Tongue), and have since at least January 2008.

How do you think I will react to his State of the Union speech when I hear it? Just curious.

Skip me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies