Atlas House PRESS BRIEFING (important) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:48:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlas House PRESS BRIEFING (important) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas House PRESS BRIEFING (important)  (Read 6210 times)
PD
pd

« on: February 23, 2004, 10:49:20 PM »
« edited: February 23, 2004, 10:53:21 PM by PD »

*good looking guy walks behind the podium.*

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I am Kevin DeCourcy (of_thisnation), the newly appointed Press Secretary for President Nym90.

The President has had concerns about recent activity within the forum, and the constant discussion and promotion of not only an Atlas Senate, but of an Atlas Supreme Court, and a set of regions in which Governors will take the role.  President Nym believes there should be a Presidential cabinet, and a senate composed of five regions, two senators each. Nothing more. No Supreme Court, and no Governors.

President Nym is fully aware of the rapid growth of the Atlas Forums, and is determined to serve as an able President for EVERY Atlas Citizen, not just those who voted for him. However, in doing this, it is required that we keep the Atlas Government to a MINIMUM, and not overload with expendable positions.  The President is also fully aware of a need for a Constitutional Convention, in that we need to discuss these issues as a forum, united.

In regards to term limits, President Nym supports the limit of ONE consecutive term, but believes there should be no lifetime term limit.  

We need to remember the point of the Atlas Fantasy Forum.  The original idea here was for ELECTIONS, and nothing more.  It is these fantasy elections in which we all enjoy participating in, and the fantasy elections in which our entertainment is derived from.  In addition, the President and myself both believe that in increasing the ENTERTAINMENT value of a fantasy election, voters from both parties need to be more objective when voting. Don't blindly vote along party lines, take a look at all of the candidates, see who runs the best campaign, see who actually makes a convincing argument. If the election is decided based on voter turnout and 1-2 swing voters, the outcome may be predictable.

Overall, President Nym90 believes that the purpose of an Atlas Government should be to assist and benefit the usaelectionatlas.org site, and to address the concerns that plague our "real-life" United States. A United Atlas would make decisions and speeches about these concerns, and the outcome of them would be whatever actually happens in the US. This is how a fantasy government should work. Objective, non-polarized elections. Simple matters for the Atlas Government to attend to.

If the press has any questions or comments on these proposals outlined by President Nym90, I would be happy to answer some of them.  Thank you.

Thanks a lot. I just lost my job.
PD
pd

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 10:56:06 PM »

This isn't a dictatorship, PD, that's why we'll have the Constitutional Convention. President Nym and others firmly believe that an "Atlas Government" must not extend to the point where positions become excess baggage. No one is saying that we can't declare ourselves Governor/Mayor/Rep of a particular state. We just need to keep this in moderation. Remember, the whole point of this was ELECTIONS, not government. And there are ways to improve both.
I know. I agree with the limited government. I just don't think it's right that I've been here a really long time and have held my position and then get kicked out because the democratic president doesn't like it.
PD
pd

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 11:03:40 PM »

Let me clarify: All we want is for there to not be Governors of specific regions. The senate can handle that. You can hold position of Governor of California, just as Supersoulty was Governor of Pennsylvania. Naturally, the title is simply for name recognition, and for someone to use if they run for office, etc. Pretty much the same as before.
Oh. Fine, I guess. I've been Governor of California ever since I joined this site, 3 or 4 months ago. Maybe it was 5, but I don't think so. I'll look. But anyway, I've been Gov. of CA ever since and I am now letting it be known to everyone that they can't have that position. It's mine, MINE YOU HEAR! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies