Atlas House PRESS BRIEFING (important) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:39:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlas House PRESS BRIEFING (important) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas House PRESS BRIEFING (important)  (Read 6205 times)
dunn

« on: February 24, 2004, 04:40:10 AM »

This isn't a dictatorship, PD, that's why we'll have the Constitutional Convention.

I bless the president and his staff for accapting the constitutional convention idea and call for the convention to decide on senat/house/governers/court etc. The prez should appoint only cabinet members (5 tops I day) and if there is a court maybe he will have the judges appointed too

dunn

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 06:39:08 AM »

Because Press Secretary is one of the few positions that can legitimately be performed, my friend. I also have direct contact with Nym and easier access to Atlas during the day, so any important briefings/announcements needed to be scheduled can be done so without problem.

Secondly, we intend for there to be zero problems with future elections. Guidelines may be followed and steps can be taken so to prevent any sort of election fraud. If there is a major problem that requires action, we will put the power in the hands of Atlas' Citizens. We don't want a 3-member court deciding an election. We want the PEOPLE to decide elections.

Yup . THE PEOPLE. they should decide if there is house/senat/sc etc. Bring it to the convention , maybe the people want  seperation of power and a court. thr convention will decide, not the president or his press sec

dunn

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 08:25:24 AM »

Secondly, we intend for there to be zero problems with future elections. Guidelines may be followed and steps can be taken so to prevent any sort of election fraud. If there is a major problem that requires action, we will put the power in the hands of Atlas' Citizens. We don't want a 3-member court deciding an election. We want the PEOPLE to decide elections.

What does the President say to accusations that he is effectively endorsing mob justice and/or tyranny by placing judicial powers in his own hands or the hands of the people.

We all want the people to decide elections, I just want somebody to make sure that everybody plays fair.

here you are right with us Earl of Oxford

dunn

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 02:16:40 PM »

The Administration is confident that election fraud and other problems will not even be an issue.

Even so, to prevent what you call "mob justice," a neutral "Atlas Election Committee" can be established to oversee future elections and such. If a vote on a certain issue needs to occur, the senate will take that vote.

And we are still a small forum.  There is, as of now, absolutely no need for a system of regional Governors or a Supreme Court, and President Nym will stand by that.
I and the constitutional party agree about no need for governors BUT strongly think we need a (small) supreme court. part of the fun is the name so if you down the s court to a committe )b/c we are small forum) you might as well call the president our mayor. we need though to decide it in the convention
dunn

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 05:46:15 PM »

imho, people will decide which way an election goes by having a Supreme Court, it's simply insuring the laws of what the PEOPLE want.

yes mr fresh. you are my man. join our party
dunn

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 05:53:53 PM »

imho, people will decide which way an election goes by having a Supreme Court, it's simply insuring the laws of what the PEOPLE want.

yes mr fresh. you are my man. join our party

lol, why thank ya for the offer.  Wink  But my place is with the Republicans, it's my party and my way of thinking.  Plus, I don't agree with too much of the stuff you guys do.  Smiley

I respect that. you are a repulican all right, and a good one indeed
dunn

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2004, 06:25:45 PM »

Even so, to prevent what you call "mob justice," a neutral "Atlas Election Committee" can be established to oversee future elections and such. If a vote on a certain issue needs to occur, the senate will take that vote.

This still encourages a system of mob justice, Senators are up for election every so often (at present 2/4 months looks to be the likely time frame), it will ultimately be the will of the majority that prevails as opposed to the will of what is right (although the two may on occassion be the same.

You have failed to answer an earlier question, which I will now repose: Does the President not find it slightly odd to possess two executive office staff (on top of a VP and what looks like 4/5 cabinet secretaries) whilst at the same time advocating the limiting of the number of elected positions and the seeming abolition of any judicial check and balance on his power.

A strong constitution will prevent the big parties bust give away jobs. that why we need a strong independent delegation at the convention

dunn

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2004, 06:28:16 PM »

Off topic but is the Constitutionalist Party planning on running a candidate in the next election?

too early to tell
it's possible
dunn

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2004, 04:06:31 AM »

folks' the constitution will decide not some 'talks' or a party agreement. and threr are 3 parties + independent
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies