is this NOT bumper sticker too Fourth Reich? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:07:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  is this NOT bumper sticker too Fourth Reich? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: see below post
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: is this NOT bumper sticker too Fourth Reich?  (Read 21816 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: December 20, 2008, 04:24:48 PM »

Remember when people flipped out when I said that this guy would be idolized like Che? I didn't say he would actually be like Che the man but people didn't want to hear my explanation.

For whatever odd reason, there's not much outrage when his worship is seen as Nazi-esque. Interesting.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 01:35:31 AM »

Remember when people flipped out when I said that this guy would be idolized like Che? I didn't say he would actually be like Che the man but people didn't want to hear my explanation.

For whatever odd reason, there's not much outrage when his worship is seen as Nazi-esque. Interesting.

Yeah, as if you people never  were part of a cult of personality.

I don't think it's ever reached the point that it's gotten to with Obama.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 01:42:17 AM »

Garbage. Ronald Reagan is the most undeservedly lionized figure in Western culture this side of Christ. When a group of devotees make a concerted effort to put Obama's face on Mount Rushmore, get back to me.

You don't think that there will be an effort to get Obama on currency, have streets/buildings named after him, etc. just because he's the first black President? Get a clue, dude.

Plus, do me a favor and look how many things have been named after JFK. Reagan will never compare to that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 02:04:08 AM »

Garbage. Ronald Reagan is the most undeservedly lionized figure in Western culture this side of Christ. When a group of devotees make a concerted effort to put Obama's face on Mount Rushmore, get back to me.

You don't think that there will be an effort to get Obama on currency, have streets/buildings named after him, etc. just because he's the first black President? Get a clue, dude.

Just as they made an attempt to knock Hamilton off the ten and replace him with Reagan, no? Stop being a duplicitous jackass and admit that the Right has been just as guilty of such messianic celebritarianism.

I'm not denying that it was tried but don't tell me that there won't be a more serious effort for Obama.

Again, you're being the jackass and refusing the acknowledge that JFK has tons of things named after him. Reagan doesn't even compare. So, no, we're not as bad as it is with the Kennedy's and I'm sure it will be worse with Obama.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 02:13:09 AM »

Absolutely I will tell you that you're wrong. No Obama supporter is even considering it, whereas the Right knew they had to establish a messiah-figure to compete with FDR's memory in the 80's. Ronald Reagan's legacy was a wholly artificial construct.

LOL

You can assure me that not a single Obama supporter is even considering it? Really?

I suppose you didn't hear about the school being named after Obama already. Yes, already. Before he even took office.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Roll Eyes

Jealousy? Ha! I have no desire to be like the Kennedy family.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 02:29:10 AM »

I suppose you didn't hear about the school being named after Obama already. Yes, already. Before he even took office.

So what? Am I supposed to be outraged, as a White American™, that the historically African-American neighborhood on the Delmar Loop in St. Louis wants to change its name in his honor? No, I'm not enough of an envious c*cksucker to feel thus. It's been a long time coming; let them have it. But sorry, I'm not going to feed into the faux-populism you people need to win elections. 

Sure you do. As a conservative, you desire to be loaded; as a conservative, you desire to use the Kennedy's wealth to whip up people into a populistic backlash against them. That's the way right-wing politics works.

Wow. Just...wow. We've got a real winner with this one.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 11:40:31 AM »

Phil youve been hilariously wrong every time on every issue, so I wouldnt trust your opinion on anything.

kthnx.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies