Results of large cities (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:42:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Results of large cities (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Results of large cities  (Read 21850 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: December 22, 2008, 03:23:07 PM »
« edited: December 22, 2008, 06:14:54 PM by Verily »

Anyone have the breakdown from Duval County? Jacksonville proper might have actually voted for Obama, given where the small non-Jacksonville areas of Duval are (very white, very wealthy beach communities, likely 75%+ McCain). In which case we would have to start a quest to discover the biggest city to vote for McCain.

Anyway, the cities worth checking out are Fort Worth (#17), Oklahoma City (#31), Mesa, Ariz. (#38) and Virginia Beach (#41, confirmed for McCain). Hard to imagine that Mesa didn't vote for McCain, either, and Fort Worth is probably more likely to have done so than Oklahoma City anyway. Of course, if Jacksonville (#12) did vote for McCain, the point is moot.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 07:50:10 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2008, 07:54:01 PM by Verily »

I have Paterson, NJ courtesy of The Record. I think they combined "Others" in their report, though. I'll have it in a moment.

Paterson, NJ
Obama: 36,417 (89.78%)
McCain: 3,972 (9.79%)
"Others": 174 (0.43%)

Says all you need to know about Passaic County, really.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 07:56:25 PM »

Anyway, the cities worth checking out are Fort Worth (#17), Oklahoma City (#31), Mesa, Ariz. (#38) and Virginia Beach (#41, confirmed for McCain). Hard to imagine that Mesa didn't vote for McCain, either, and Fort Worth is probably more likely to have done so than Oklahoma City anyway. Of course, if Jacksonville (#12) did vote for McCain, the point is moot.

Has Phoenix been confirmed for Obama?

It voted decisively for Kerry, and Maricopa County swung slightly towards Obama, so I don't think it's worth checking.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hialeah is the only really big heavily Cuban city (other than Miami, of course). But I think it's fairly Democratic nonetheless. Would have to check, of course.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies