Results of large cities (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:18:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Results of large cities (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Results of large cities  (Read 21839 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: December 22, 2008, 05:24:16 AM »

Los Angeles: 76.3%-21.8%
Long Beach: 69.5%-28.4%

What do Republicans do in Long Beach?

What was San Diego?
Can't find the info anywhere. You might have to wait until the Supplement to the Statement of Vote which has results for all cities in California.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 04:36:31 AM »

Maricopa map with precincts and cities
List of Miami-Dade precincts by municipality and results by precinct.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 05:26:35 AM »

I've just done Hialeah for self-amusement purposes, actually.

Obama won two precincts there (oh yah, and they have two precincts with 0 registered voters, and one with 3 registered voters and 0 votes cast).

62,024 valid votes
McCain 63.75
Obama 35.82
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 12:19:18 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2008, 12:24:07 PM by das Blut auf deiner Wange »

I've just done Hialeah for self-amusement purposes, actually.

Obama won two precincts there (oh yah, and they have two precincts with 0 registered voters, and one with 3 registered voters and 0 votes cast).

62,024 valid votes
McCain 63.75
Obama 35.82

Any chance you can post the Obama/McCain/Other so I can add it? Smiley
You mean the raw vote?

22,220 / 39,538 / (62,024 minus previous figures equals 266. Which seems a tad low. Maybe there's a summing error somewhere. Will get back to you.).

Nope, it's correct.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 04:44:52 PM »

Phoenix should be possible from the precinct map up on the Maricopa County website (or at least, that used to be up on the Maricopa COunty website), just take days and days of work.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 05:04:07 PM »

Where does the Scottsdale figure up there come from?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 03:35:35 AM »

Anyway, the cities worth checking out are Fort Worth (#17), Oklahoma City (#31), Mesa, Ariz. (#38) and Virginia Beach (#41, confirmed for McCain). Hard to imagine that Mesa didn't vote for McCain, either, and Fort Worth is probably more likely to have done so than Oklahoma City anyway. Of course, if Jacksonville (#12) did vote for McCain, the point is moot.

Has Phoenix been confirmed for Obama?

It voted decisively for Kerry, and Maricopa County swung slightly towards Obama, so I don't think it's worth checking.

Certainly for Obama. Not so sure about Kerry.

The Republican 3rd and Democratic 4th district combined voted for Bush by ~14k IIRC (for Obama by a narrow margin). This includes the bulk of the city of Phoenix. It also includes the southern half of Glendale (in the fourth. Certainly less Democratic than the average of the 4th, but pretty sure it went for Kerry. The northern half of Glendale is in the 2nd and quite Republican), a lot of unincorporated land north of Phoenix in the third (heavily Republican) and some smaller corners of unincorporated land southwest of Phoenix (solidly Democratic) and the very small city of Guadalupe southeast of Phoenix (almost 80% Democratic in both 2004 and 2008. Higher turnout in 2008, though.) In balance, the part of Phoenix included in the two districts definitely voted for Bush. There are some small parts of Phoenix in the 5th and 7th districts, and these I think both voted for Kerry, but getting me to believe they're enough to flip the city will take convincing.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 03:17:53 AM »

Do you still have a list of what precincts are Scottsdale?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 02:21:49 PM »

Thanks, that's great.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 11:59:54 AM »

Unsurprising:

The Republican 3rd and Democratic 4th district combined voted for Bush by ~14k IIRC (for Obama by a narrow margin). This includes the bulk of the city of Phoenix. It also includes the southern half of Glendale (in the fourth. Certainly less Democratic than the average of the 4th, but pretty sure it went for Kerry. The northern half of Glendale is in the 2nd and quite Republican), a lot of unincorporated land north of Phoenix in the third (heavily Republican) and some smaller corners of unincorporated land southwest of Phoenix (solidly Democratic) and the very small city of Guadalupe southeast of Phoenix (almost 80% Democratic in both 2004 and 2008. Higher turnout in 2008, though.) In balance, the part of Phoenix included in the two districts definitely voted for Bush. There are some small parts of Phoenix in the 5th and 7th districts, and these I think both voted for Kerry, but getting me to believe they're enough to flip the city will take convincing.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies