Worst election analysis ever
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:37:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Worst election analysis ever
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Worst election analysis ever  (Read 5358 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2008, 06:40:25 PM »

Attacking a specific and large segment of the country with such a broad brush is simply idiotic. We're not even talking about a political group or economic class here, but rather people who live in a certain type of area. Of which there are those that vote Republican, even if not a majority, though they might be in some cases (NE-02 anyone?) And as stated before, Palin governs a state which is basically one half a city and the other half a bunch of empty spaces, so she's in effect condemning half her state, of which without it the state might as well be a wasteland.

The fact that J. J. of all people is defending such a campaign too is the hight of hackery.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 12:06:18 AM »

Obviously rural Vermont loves Palin.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 12:48:40 PM »

Spotlight fallacy, falsely assuming a correlation...

I don't buy J. J.'s thesis either, but you're basically doing what he did
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 01:04:38 PM »

Sarah Palin opened the door on the whole "urban v. rural" words war the minute she opened her mouth as the VP nominee.  Her disdain for "big city liberals" was obvious from the very beginning.  That's not to say there hasn't been a long-standing partisan divide between urban and rural areas but Palin is the one who injected the vitriol into the presidential campaign.  Her rhetoric was hostile and combative to the point that it sometimes appeared she was rallying people for war rather than giving a campaign speech.  The emotional reactions she generated in people were downright frightening at some points.  For that reason, I view her as one of the most dangerous politicians in the country.  So I have no time for anyone who wants to sit around crying about how Sarah Palin was picked on.  The media was absolutely right to shut her down as nothing more than a bully who needs to be stopped. 

she brought it on herself though: telling half the country they don't live in the "Real America" is a stupid, stupid campaign strategy.
it went down that way... but of course she was referring to a major city when she coined the phrase.
Unless I remember it wrong.

Oh, and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_America
lol.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 01:19:38 PM »

That's like saying "urban DC". Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 01:21:49 PM »

Sarah Palin opened the door on the whole "urban v. rural" words war the minute she opened her mouth as the VP nominee.  Her disdain for "big city liberals" was obvious from the very beginning.  That's not to say there hasn't been a long-standing partisan divide between urban and rural areas but Palin is the one who injected the vitriol into the presidential campaign.  Her rhetoric was hostile and combative to the point that it sometimes appeared she was rallying people for war rather than giving a campaign speech.  The emotional reactions she generated in people were downright frightening at some points.  For that reason, I view her as one of the most dangerous politicians in the country.  So I have no time for anyone who wants to sit around crying about how Sarah Palin was picked on.  The media was absolutely right to shut her down as nothing more than a bully who needs to be stopped. 

she brought it on herself though: telling half the country they don't live in the "Real America" is a stupid, stupid campaign strategy.
it went down that way... but of course she was referring to a major city when she coined the phrase.
Unless I remember it wrong.

Oh, and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_America
lol.
Well talking in one, anyhow.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies