Does this scare you and remind you of Mao? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:20:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Does this scare you and remind you of Mao? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does this scare you and remind you of Mao?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Does this scare you and remind you of Mao?  (Read 15778 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 22, 2008, 11:00:35 PM »

Considering his approval rating is astronomically higher than on Election Day, I think the idea that Obama has already alienated more voters than he's won is ridiculous.

The posters remind me of Mao.  It's a cult of personality.  It's not especially one that worries me, but maybe I'm being insufficiently vigilant.  I also think it's more based on externalities to personality than most cults of personality.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 04:59:54 PM »

So far, there are some rough patches, and he has yet to be sworn in.

Your first paragraph was spot-on, but are we going to have to deal with your 2008 Election form of analysis for four years?  Look at Obama's approvals in public polling.  Why would you ignore that, in lieu of "there are some rough patches, and he has yet to be sworn in"?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 06:42:13 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2008, 06:44:54 PM by Alcon »

J. J.,

Why would you focus on "rough patches" when he has the highest approval ratings of any incoming President in decades?  Especially because the interest group he pissed off is one of the least likely to abandon the Democratic Parties even when they disapprove.

I mean, if he's pissed off the gays and still has these approval ratings, he'd be approaching 2012 with the potential for an incredible landslide.  Yet you characterize his process so far as having "rough patches," instead of having incredibly high approvals?  That's the characterization you choose to center your analysis around?

Reminds me of all the stuff you looked at when you botched this year, just saying.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies