What's up with New Hampshire? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:47:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  What's up with New Hampshire? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's up with New Hampshire?  (Read 7491 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 24, 2008, 04:44:52 AM »

Bush won it in 2000, and nearly did again in 2004...yet this time McCain, clearly the best possible Republican candidate for New Hampshire, lost by 10 pts. He didn't win a single county. How can George Bush have outperformed John McCain in NH?

I think what happened is back in 2000, the media loved McCain because he was "Anti-Bush"...then they loved him all along until they realized "Wait a minute...he's going to be a REPUBLICAN President" and turned coat.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 08:33:54 AM »

Hate to break it to you, Reaganfan, but those Southern Baptists your Party relies on so much are repellent to many other people who might otherwise consider the G.O.P.

I'm not a "southern baptist" and I don't find myself afraid of religion or of "southern church-going" voters. So they go to Church and have a strong faith, so what?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 08:44:45 AM »

Hate to break it to you, Reaganfan, but those Southern Baptists your Party relies on so much are repellent to many other people who might otherwise consider the G.O.P.

I'm not a "southern baptist" and I don't find myself afraid of religion or of "southern church-going" voters. So they go to Church and have a strong faith, so what?

Southern Baptist is a denomination of Christians, fool; that's their name. And they make up a goodly majority of your Party's base, and it's why the G.O.P. has, from 1980 onwards, put forward a fundamentally anti-liberty, anti-freedom social platform aimed at restricting the cultural opportunities provided to women, homosexuals, and religious and racial minorities. They ought to be met with massive resistance on all fronts, and the good people of New Hampshire realize this.

It's my understanding that gays, women, and minorities have the same rights as everyone else. They are free to work, to vote to do whatever.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 10:52:30 AM »

I had a woman tell me that she was surprised that I would be intimate because I was a Republican.

If that's what we've become as a party....we're done not just in NH but everywhere.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies