Roman Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:41:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Roman Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Roman Senate  (Read 33582 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2009, 04:42:01 PM »

Antonicus has been nominated for foreign policy consul. Any opposed?

Any nominations for domestic consul?

While a return to democratic normality is somewhat refreshing, would the Senate not agree that we perhaps lack a robust titular leadership?

Up until now Titus, I have been unofficially working as Senate Chair. It would be fine if anyone deemed themselves better Senate leaders than I could be.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2009, 05:15:43 PM »

While a return to democratic normality is somewhat refreshing, would the Senate not agree that we perhaps lack a robust titular leadership?

Up until now Titus, I have been unofficially working as Senate Chair. It would be fine if anyone deemed themselves better Senate leaders than I could be.

I would ask the Senator to forgive the vaguities of this youths prior statement. I have nothing but admiration for your stewardship during this dificult time and would not wish your position to be usurped. I feel that electing two consuls is like electing a man with two heads; despite the wishes of each head he can only move in one direction and can only move in that direction if both heads agree on a chosen path.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2009, 05:22:34 PM »

I would ask the Senator to forgive the vaguities of this youths prior statement. I have nothing but admiration for your stewardship during this dificult time and would not wish your position to be usurped. I feel that electing two consuls is like electing a man with two heads; despite the wishes of each head he can only move in one direction and can only move in that direction if both heads agree on a chosen path.

Which is why it is best to have one for foreign policy and one for domestic dear fellow Senator.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2009, 05:28:02 PM »

Being not much older than yourself, Senator, I surely understand and accept your apologies. As Senator Antonicus has pointed out, it is deemed more expedient to have two consuls whose terms will rotate, rather than a dictator whom may prove to be unfit.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2009, 06:22:57 PM »

Being not much older than yourself, Senator, I surely understand and accept your apologies. As Senator Antonicus has pointed out, it is deemed more expedient to have two consuls whose terms will rotate, rather than a dictator whom may prove to be unfit.

I will accept your goodwill and withdraw my protest. The most immediate threat to the stability of the Republic; and let it be known Senators that we are not as stable as we should be, are our stationed legions. It is in a mans stomach for him to savour the prospect of battle and conflict. We are truly lucky that our field of battle is this very chamber but we cannot say the same for those who seek a bloodier satisfaction to their urges. If their enemy are not the barbarous hordes outside our borders then they will be the peaceful citizens within this fragile Republic and we cannot let that happen again.

Therefore I will second Antonicus' nomination and hope he shall endeavor to ensure that our legions are sated with dare I say it 'foreign exploits.'
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2009, 06:27:40 PM »

The nomination has been moved and seconded. Unless he rejects such nomination or there is a majority dissent, we can now confirm Senator Antonicus' Consulship.

The nominations for domestic consul are still open. Once we have one, we can appoint an official Senate leader and go on with the business of our dear Rome.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2009, 06:49:12 PM »

I do not object.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »

That's fine. We would like a domestic consul however... Does someone want the job?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2010, 03:57:44 PM »

Given that I'm out of a job I might return to this Smiley
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2010, 04:19:34 PM »

Cry and Cheesy
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2010, 08:23:38 AM »

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2012, 06:43:59 PM »

This just never caught on with the forum for some reason....   
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2012, 07:36:14 PM »

This just never caught on with the forum for some reason....   

Political RPGs (apart from Atlasia) don't seem to be as popular here as one might think. In any case, this was before my time, but I'd be willing to participate in a redux.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »

I'd be willing to give this another try.

We never really had the chance to get it off the ground. But if we're going to do it, we should do it right. Roman politics was a cutthroat, manipulative, dangerous thing. Would it not be great fun to scheme against rivals as they would've done?
Gcer
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2012, 06:15:17 PM »

If anyone is still interested I am starting a new roman simulation game of cuthroat politics. Start off as a Patrician and head in any direction you want. Seeking new members to help out and join.

lavitaramana.bbster.net/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies