Believe it or not...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:28:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Believe it or not...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Believe it or not...  (Read 1736 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 24, 2008, 09:00:05 PM »

We are just over 3 years from the Iowa Caucuses.  Its hard to believe that over a year elapses between Iowa and the inauguration.  Which means, we're probably about 18 months away from serious talk about potential candidates start surfacing.
Jacobtm

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 09:58:57 PM »

Which means, we're probably about 18 months away from serious talk about potential candidates start surfacing.

Didn't Obama do this spot in like September of '06?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WJsuM19-8c
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 10:17:55 PM »

Which means, we're probably about 18 months away from serious talk about potential candidates start surfacing.

Didn't Obama do this spot in like September of '06?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WJsuM19-8c

He probably did, which September 2010 is only 21 months away.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 10:49:26 PM »

Can't wait. Life is less fun without a campaign to watch.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 11:05:48 PM »

We've got plenty to tide us over until then IMO.  I actually think the House elections are the most fun to watch and they're coming up again in 2010.  Plus the Census will be releasing data in a few years and then the mad scramble for redistricting can begin.  I'm actually the most excited about seeing how the reapportionment and redistricting pans out.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 11:30:03 PM »

We've got plenty to tide us over until then IMO.  I actually think the House elections are the most fun to watch and they're coming up again in 2010.  Plus the Census will be releasing data in a few years and then the mad scramble for redistricting can begin.  I'm actually the most excited about seeing how the reapportionment and redistricting pans out.

The national parties are really eying Ohio's Secretary of State position for redistricting influence
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 10:24:11 PM »

The national parties are really eying Ohio's Secretary of State position for redistricting influence

Its going to be quite the battle when it comes to redistricting in Ohio, especially given that two incumbents will be forced out due to reapportionment losses.  However, the legislature actually controls Congressional redistricting.  The SoS is part of a 5 member board that draws the state legislative districts.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 07:21:55 PM »

14 months until Feb. 2010...Smiley I'm excited.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies